• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

Ligue 1 looks very depressing tbh. Still, moneyz and very nice cities.

PSG doesn't seem that bad a place to play.

tumblr_lvjnb6IVUd1r06vb1o1_250.gif

GorillaJu

The ME3 ending isn't heart breaking in the usual sense of "heart breaking," it's heart breaking because the long love affair with the game ends on the most sour note it could. The ending is horrible. :(

Salazar

Stuart Mawhinney ‏ @StuartMawhinney
Benitez argues with Moyes' comment that Liverpool have bigger resources than Everton. Ignores £230m he spent in 6 years at #LFC

lol. Rafa: still a counter-reality git.

bjaelke

Official Bendtner day today. I urge you all to change your avatars to display your love for the classy cunt. He'll surely go to prison today.

Manager

Still nothing about any dressing room fight... no news is good news. Barry looked really angry and Dzeko kept whining on the pitch in the few minutes he got. And Savic must've gotten his share later.

Hopefully they'll come stronger out of this, just like after Bayern CL (kind of...).

:( this may cost us the league!

City have only won 2 out of their last 8 PL away games.

BUT! Have faith CityGAF. 10 games left, 30 points to play for. We win all our games, all 10 of them and the league is ours. A very difficult ask, but it's doable. The way some of the media have gone on it's like City are 31 points behind United and it's now impossible to turn it around.

16 points lost in the last 16 total I believe. Not good, not good.

Salazar

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...on-blame-me-for-11m-payment-to-my-dad-050301/

Blackpool’s chairman Karl Oyston has today attempted to defend paying £11m to his father Owen Oyston, who is also the club’s majority shareholder, for being a director in the season Blackpool were relegated from the Premier League.

The full story about the payment was in the Mail on Sunday yesterday (left, and linked here), and has led to almost unanimous criticism of the Oystons by fans of the club, politicians, supporters’ organisations and, privately or via associates, by players.

The £11m sum equates to earnings of £211,538 a week and as such put Owen Oyston among the highest earners in world football in 2010-11, a season that ended with Blackpool’s return to the Championship. The £11m – paid to Zabaxe Ltd, one of many companies owned by Owen Oyston – was not for the repayment of any specific loan or investment in Blackpool, a club he has owned since 1987. It was a straight cash payment for being a director for a year.

Manager

Also, David Silva really hasn't worked for the last 3-4 months. It's not about the teams figuring out, he keeps making shitty passes when he before made glorious ones. He went from Xavi passing to Savic, I don't get it. He's also made some really weird decisions in counter attacks as well.

The positive thing is that he's visibly angry about it, so at least he's not getting complacent.

Aguero is another factor. He keeps working but he gets nothing out of it. I think it's largely tied with Silva, since Silva before made IDK how many assists to him. Fact is, the offense hasn't been good for a while and many of the goals are from non-open play, like corners, penalties and freekicks.

It's still his first PL season and he'll be amazing next year, I'm sure of it.

Tevez... never needed a Silva. He made it all by himself. He shit on this club but he may be what saves City if he can get fitness. I mean, he got passes from SWP, Benjani and Vassell.

dc89

Also, David Silva really hasn't worked for the last 3-4 months. It's not about the teams figuring out, he keeps making shitty passes when he before made glorious ones. He went from Xavi passing to Savic, I don't get it. He's also made some really weird decisions in counter attacks as well.

The positive thing is that he's visibly angry about it, so at least he's not getting complacent.

Aguero is another factor. He keeps working but he gets nothing out of it. I think it's largely tied with Silva, since Silva before made IDK how many assists to him. Fact is, the offense hasn't been good for a while and many of the goals are from non-open play, like corners, penalties and freekicks.

It's still his first PL season and he'll be amazing next year, I'm sure of it.

Tevez... never needed a Silva. He made it all by himself. He shit on this club but he may be what saves City if he can get fitness. I mean, he got passes from SWP, Benjani and Vassell.

Well according to Goal (meh, I know) Mancini is really happy with Tevez's battle with fitness and his attitude more importantly. They say he has lost around 1 stone since his return to training.

Seeing as we don't play our next league fixture until the 21st March I can quite easily see Tevez make the bench for that game. I think he'll have a run out with the reserves one more time and work on his fitness more though.

bjaelke

Today is a very special occasion. 3 months injury/jail means we'll need a new forward.
Schöne will never quite be a forwad will he? Seems like the same with Fischer.

Schöne will have to adapt to the forward role. He's currently playing in a position similar to Christian Eriksen. Perhaps he'll play as a deep forward. I completely forgot Jørgensen. He's been beasting on the youth team (U19) - should probably get another chance against Australia/Brazil.

----------------Jørgensen-------
Dehli---Schöne------------Dahl
--------------Eriksen-----------

Mastadon

Banned
Well according to Goal (meh, I know) Mancini is really happy with Tevez's battle with fitness and his attitude more importantly. They say he has lost around 1 stone since his return to training. Seeing as we don't play our next league fixture until the 21st March I can quite easily see Tevez make the bench for that game. I think he'll have a run out with the reserves one more time and work on his fitness more though.

No surprise there. The restaurants in Manchester are shit!

Salazar

There was some classic touchline Warnock picked up on the footage all through that Leeds/Middlesbrough game.

JUST FOOKIN RUN. FOOKIN RUN. DON'T STAND THERE AND LOOK AT ME FOOKIN RUN.

Salazar

Good god, I'm glad I'll never have to sit there and get shouted at over how I've played a half.

lol at the Scot offsider at the end of the Sitton one. Reminds me of Rory in The Thick of It.

Good god, I'm glad I'll never have to sit there and get shouted at over how I've played a half.

lol at the Scot offsider at the end of the Sitton one. Reminds me of Rory in The Thick of It.

Firing people on the spot, stealing their dinners and offering to fight 'em. Man Management!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was giving an interview on the touchline after Milan’s 2-0 victory over Lecce and seemed ill-tempered when talking to Vera Spadini.

“There are many people who talk without knowing anything and they would do better to shut up.”

Moments later, when speaking to the Mediaset Premium crew, he continued to glare at Spadini and flicked his hair band at her.

He then swore, asking “what the **** are you looking at?”

That's Vera Spadini.

Manager

He also said "Go home and cook food!" to her, according to Gazzetta.

Also she had been saying that he was mad after the CL match (with no proof), so there's a reason for him to be angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom