• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He also said "Go home and cook food!" to her, according to Gazzetta.

Also she had been saying that he was mad after the CL match (with no proof), so there's a reason for him to be angry.

What do you mean no proof
HExac.gif
HExac.gif
HExac.gif
HExac.gif
HExac.gif

Manager

I would defend her honour.

The whole conversation explains his madness...

Spadini: "Will you be angry at Allegri today?"
Z: "Why?"
S: "After the match in CL you were a bit angry?"
Z: "Did you see me angry?"
S: "They say so."
Z: "You're one of them who talk a lot. I am always happy"

Of course, screaming “what the **** are you looking at?” isn't the best way to show happiness.

I thought Arsenal was getting rid of their worse/older players? Players like Rosicky(imo) wont help them get far.

Where did you pull this little nugget from? The policy is not give a player over 30 more than a one year contract. As a squad player Rosicknotey is fine.

Probably line-up for tonight is:
Szczesny – Sagna – Koscielny – Vermaelen – Gibbs – Song – Arteta – Rosicky – Gervinho – Walcott – van Persie

We need the 3 points like Lindsay Lohan needs crack.

Da fuq? Messi is about to join Juventus in my FM save. He's leaving on a free this summer. I like Juventus, but when he comes out with stuff like, "it would be a dream to join Juventus"...

They got taken over pretty early in the game and for some reason are now permanently top of the reputation standings. Favourites for the Champions League every year as well, even though they are yet to make it out of the group stages. Also, my new chairman is Portsmouth goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown. This game...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Da fuq? Messi is about to join Juventus in my FM save. He's leaving on a free this summer. I like Juventus, but when he comes out with stuff like, "it would be a dream to join Juventus"...

They got taken over pretty early in the game and for some reason are now permanently top of the reputation standings. Favourites for the Champions League every year as well, even though they are yet to make it out of the group stages. Also, my new chairman is Portsmouth goalkeeper Jamie Ashdown. This game...

Steve Kean replaced Fergie in my last game. FM is a strange place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

It's the
bleak
future ;)
;(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^^ I fixed it
HExac.gif
HExac.gif

edit:

Zamparini (Palermo) regrets sacking Pioli: "I'm eating my second testicle, I've already eaten my first..."

Salazar

Zamparini (Palermo) regrets sacking Pioli: "I'm eating my second testicle, I've already eaten my first..."

Yeah, serie A is chewing through managers.

My heart goes out to all the Chelsea fans who don't want Rafa. "Guarantees of success in Europe" my foot.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading tickets come out today, if Radiohead do headline I'll post a picture of my nipples.

Doubt it though, looks like Foos (meh) Kasabian (yay) and The Cure (depends on what they play). I missed the 8-2 last year, I haven't heard so many people laugh at one time when they announced it.

Missing the game tonight as well, arse friends felt compelled to invite me to Nandos.

This video saddens me.

Fernandez Suso

Can't break into the first team but dreadful player Charlie "Hollywood" Adam get games week in and week out.
Suso is obviously very talented but it takes alot to step up to Premier League level. Plenty of players seem able to create magic at reserve/youth level but it's completely different at senior level.

Suso is still quite weak from what I've seen so that will immediately by a major problem for him in the PL. He's still only 18 aswell isn't he? That said, it seems Liverpool have quite a few potentially good players in their youth teams and seeing as the league is more or less a write off for them now, it's worth giving these guys 10/15 minutes at some home games.

Has Suso (or Sterling/Morgan/Wisdom) made a senior appearance for Liverpool yet or even been part of the squads?

Suso is obviously very talented but it takes alot to step up to Premier League level. Plenty of players seem able to create magic at reserve/youth level but it's completely different at senior level.

Suso is still quite weak from what I've seen so that will immediately by a major problem for him in the PL. He's still only 18 aswell isn't he? That said, it seems Liverpool have quite a few potentially good players in their youth teams and seeing as the league is more or less a write off for them now, it's worth giving these guys 10/15 minutes at some home games.

Has Suso (or Sterling/Morgan/Wisdom) made a senior appearance for Liverpool yet or even been part of the squads?

I agree with in the sense that stepping up to the senior level is a different experience altogether but how will these players get that experience if they are never given a chance? The problem is other then Flanagan and Robinson none of our youngsters are ever given a chance. Instead they are loaned out to Championship outfits who don't use them or are sold to other clubs.

Sterling is the only player you listed who has made a senior debut and I think that was only in a preseason match. I think he was also on the bench for a couple of Europa League matches last season. I could be wrong but can't really check at the moment.

elsk

Banned
It was discussed yesterday how Zlatan kicked a ball, after a foul, to the head of one of the Lecce players?
What a fucking asshole.

Edit: van Gaal to PSV?!

Salazar

It was discussed yesterday how Zlatan kicked a ball, after a foul, to the head of one of the Lecce players?
What a fucking asshole.

A quarter of the Mario stories are true. All of the Zlatan shit is fact.

He earns that reputation every day.

sohois

I agree with in the sense that stepping up to the senior level is a different experience altogether but how will these players get that experience if they are never given a chance? The problem is other then Flanagan and Robinson none of our youngsters are ever given a chance. Instead they are loaned out to Championship outfits who don't use them or are sold to other clubs.

Sterling is the only player you listed who has made a senior debut and I think that was only in a preseason match. I think he was also on the bench for a couple of Europa League matches last season. I could be wrong but can't really check at the moment.

Sterling has gone with the first team to a few premiership matches this season but has yet to make it to the subs bench, most of the youngsters got games in preseason.

Arjen

Rutte fired from PSV, crazy competition is crazy, although this was to be expected.

Edit: van Gaal to PSV?!

Don't think this will happen.
van Bommel said he would love to retun to PSV, but not if van Gaal is in charge.

I should probably start following the Portuguese league.
Ibra is probably gay & should come out already.
Babbel is an asshole and should be banned from manager jobs & instead wipe Ulli Hoeneß' ass..

dc89

Just listened to the radio whilst out in the car and they had a dude from Opta on.

City:

Last 11 PL games they have scored 16 goals.
Previous 11 PL Games they scored 34 goals.

Liverpool:

Kenny V Roy - I think this is over a similar period of time, obviously Kenny at Liverpool and Roy at the Baggies.

King Kenny - 54 Points
Roy - 51 points
Baggies have scored more goals.

Obviously the big difference here is Kenny has spent £100m.

Sky Sports understands Pogba has agreed to sign a new contract.

I think without the Morrison situation going down in the same season, an increasingly "normal" agent-driven contract wrangle over Pogba wouldn't have been quite as explosive. It just fed a narrative arch which read too nicely for the press. Meanwhile, the Morrison case was pretty specific in its incredible lunacy: not coming into practice for weeks, his working relationship breaking down with the Reserve manager, etc. Crazy stuff. But even crazier, he's talented enough that he could still make it down the road. Anyway, I hope this puts to bed some of the insanity that's been boiling over around United's youth. You'd almost think there weren't any promising academy players besides Morrison or Pogba in the pipeline. But we can get into the Will Keanes of the world another day.

Otherwise, Fergie (possibly) watching Hazard in France as well as the Gaitan rumours have me playing armchair transfer mental gymnastics. I actually rather prefer the Javi Martinez and Nathaniel Clyne rumours. Martinez was pretty impressive at centre-back against us, not only looking solid in defence, but making intelligent use of possession when he got it and seeming extremely composed and comfortable whilst doing it. Getting a midfielder of his type who could also double as centre-back would be a decent coup for us. Which positions do we always have trouble filling every time our seasonal injury woes hit? As for Clyne, it's obvious Evra needs competition for his position with some consistent fitness. Fabio could probably use it, too, looking long-term.

Manager

lol Does Man City even have a youth league for reserves or they see no point in that as they can just buy any player?

It's a clusterfuck. They have an "Elite Dev Squad" which basically is the U18. Then they also have some kind of reserve team that play some tournaments and an U18 that play other tournaments, which basically consist of the same players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom