• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Mass Effect 2 play through update!

I've done the loyalty missions now. Don't highlight the spoiler if you are playing the game.

Legion is so cool!!! Also dem collectors be stealing man crew! :(:(

FootballFan

Wow, one of the better Messi Youtube clips I have seen, and that's saying a lot.
LINK
Listen to his former coach, in the interview in that vid, sad that he never got to see him even lift 1 Balon d'Or. :(

Salazar

nothing said regarding hazard is true or trustworthy.

This.

Apprehensive about United being involved in the inevitable, horribly prolonged summer clusterfuck.

Nobody's simply going to sign him; there's going to be at least three clubs kept on the hook for a stupidly long time.

RUH ROH said:
Oliver Kay ‏ @OliverKayTimesn
Interesting story from the excellent @SamiMokbel81_DM, who reports Spurs looking to sign talented (but unsettled) #LFC kid Raheem Sterling

Kenka

1273057783_original.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oliver Kay ‏ @OliverKayTimesn
Interesting story from the excellent @SamiMokbel81_DM, who reports Spurs looking to sign talented (but unsettled) #LFC kid Raheem Sterling

This kid has looked exciting from the little I've seen of him in the Next-Gen series. Played very well against Spurs. I doubt it will happen but I can see why we would be interested.

Mastadon

Banned
This kid has looked exciting from the little I've seen of him in the Next-Gen series. Played very well against Spurs. I doubt it will happen but I can see why we would be interested.

I'd cry some seriously bitter tears if you took Raheem from us. Genuinely talented lad, would be gutted to see him go.

Salazar

I'd cry some seriously bitter tears if you took Raheem from us. Genuinely talented lad, would be gutted to see him go.

Seems like youngsters everywhere want first team chances. 17 and not a big lad, though. Bursting with talent, but christ. Hang on a bit.

Liverpool vs Everton today. Yay for two consecutive days of UK football being broadcast in the US!

Woke up, checked FB. In my newsfeed, the Walking Dead page said "which character will you miss more? SPOILER, character a, character b"

Reminds me of last year after the first episode of the season of Parks and Rec there was an NBC promo to visit the website and fill out April and Andy's wedding registry (and then showed a clip of them being married) but in the show they hadn't even started dating yet.

sohois

It's worth noting that Stirling cannot do a Pogba (or should that be false pogba?); he has only recently signed a professional contract and LFC would almost certainly demand Ox type money for him.

Also the original story about him being unsettled comes from the Mail, so...

^^WOW! Ice cold! That's how they do it in Turin!^^

If you must go for a top six team then Arsenal are not bad.

My I suggest also taking in a few podcasts? football weekly, the football ramble , the epl talk podcast and Arsenal has a funny fan podcast

I can't recommend the Football Ramble enough. At the end of every episode they do a profile of a historically great or awesome footballer. Always fascinating and entertaining

Thirty highest paid managers.

http://www.futebolfinance.com/os-30-maiores-salarios-de-treinadores-de-futebol-2012

Juve, y u so tight with Conte ?

lol at the reflex BOOHOO WAYNE ROONEY below.

How can you post this, and not mention that Alex McLeish is on this list? He is getting paid as much as the Spanish and Germany National Coaches!

Well a lifetime of performance enhancing drugs tends to make you quite good.

I found it funny for what it is worth, and it does seem interesting (although I don't think there is actually anything there) that he needed to take growth hormones, and now he is this incredible, greatest of all time caliber footballer. Again, nothing to suggest that is why, just an interesting tidbit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^ It's unbelievable. And he's only 26.
:D True, but I was guessing you lived in Turin. Although, from what I've read, there are a lot of Juventus fans in Southern Italy.

Yup, and everywhere even in Milan. la fidanzata d&#8217;Italia (&#8220;Italy&#8217;s girlfriend&#8221;) <3 Though she deserves better
qbxyb.gif

QX8Uu.jpg

I enjoy that Juve has more fans in the region that Milan is located in :p. Also, I didn't realize Inter had so many fans. I remember being told that Inter is traditionally more supported by the working class, and Milan is more supported by the upper class. Is that true?

EDIT: Whoops, double post >.<

dschalter

I enjoy that Juve has more fans in the region that Milan is located in :p. Also, I didn't realize Inter had so many fans. I remember being told that Inter is traditionally more supported by the working class, and Milan is more supported by the upper class. Is that true?

EDIT: Whoops, double post >.<

well, they're located in the same region.

also, inter didn't have any fans before 2006, true story

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Since I'm bored and ME3 is underwhelming, my predictions:

Bayern - Basel
Mind says: Bayern
Heart says: Underdog. But if Schweini is playing, I can't help it. <3

Chelsea - Napoli:

Mind: Napoli.
Heart: Chelsea.

Liverpool - Everton
Mind: Draw or Liverpool. I feel their pain.
Heart: Liverpool.

Madrid - CSKA
Mind: Madrid
Heart: Also Madrid.

Olympique de Marseille - Inter
Mind: Marseille
Heart: Marseille
Body: Marseille
Soul: Marseille

I will agree a bit, it just went on for too long too often. And with him gone, the amount of shit posters has gone up by like 10.
9 of them are most likely Kermit. Me being the 10th
8UoOl.gif

Quite the opposite actually!

Also, Inter supporters are bandwagoners. Or people supporting Inter just to piss off their Milan friends :p

bud

What have you guys thought of Rosickly in the last 3-4 games?

He loves a tackle and is actually pretty good at it. Box to box midfielder. I remember a few years ago he had great pace with the ball at his feet and he was part of that fantastic midfield a few years ago with Hleb, Flamini and Cesc. I hope he gets more games but I'm not sure what Wenger will do when Wilshere comes back to fitness as the two are very similar in how they play. Personally I'd rather see

Rosicky - Song - Wilshere

he seems to be a completely different player and reminds me of his younger self.

he still has moments, though, where he looks like he doesn't give a fuck.

Quite the opposite actually!

Also, Inter supporters are bandwagoners. Or people supporting Inter just to piss off their Milan friends :p

Hmm, interesting. I do miss Dash's presence in here. There has never been more passion than watching the Serie A GAF go at it, and it isn't the same without him. :(

I always figured what I stated was true because Berlesconi owned Milan, it just seemed to make sense.

How was that embarrassing? They are asking the fans to support them and attend the games, nothing wrong with that.

Well the video itself was embarrassing. But this is the biggest club in the world. Pretty funny to have Marcelo telling their fans "to be his skill" *looks up* ahead of such a massive game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba looked quite nervous in that video.
Hmm, interesting. I do miss Dash's presence in here. There has never been more passion than watching the Serie A GAF go at it, and it isn't the same without him. :(

IPpT4.gif
It's alright, we have a Dash 2.0 here
IPpT4.gif

Awesome Animals said:
I always figured what I stated was true because Berlesconi owned Milan, it just seemed to make sense.
Yeah, ironically! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom