• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Zanetti, and Cambiasso is pretty cool. Have no liking for the rest, and Samuel is just a prick. I don't know why.

Zanetti is the man, he is the definition of class. I will be sad to see the day he retires, I mean he has been on inter since 1995. He deserved that Champions League final win more than anyone else.

elsk

Banned
That's just Bild stirring up small stuff. That guy is completely right about Gomez.

Still, kind of stupid to make those comments when you're a mediocre defender.

Also, Mario Gómez after the game:
"I'm the one who puts the ball away in the middle but I benefit from the world class players out wide."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didier+DESCHAMPS+JUVE+PANINI+1995-96.jpg

Deschamps to Vialli- "You know where we come from and what that taught us- to believe all the way to the end."

<3 Deschamps.

Good results! It's a shame I missed Gerrard's hat-trick!

Gomez
M1DtG.gif
Was that necessary?
M1DtG.gif

Lightning

Banned
I hate Gerrard with a passion.... Fuck him.

I wonder what response Van Persie will get from St James's park next season if he still plays in the premier league? I can't imagine it will be a very positive one despite the fact he did nothing wrong. Krul is a time wasting ass... and deserved to get called out for it.

Kyoufu

I hate Gerrard with a passion.... Fuck him.

I wonder what response Van Persie will get from St James's park next season if he still plays in the premier league? I can't imagine it will be a very positive one despite the fact he did nothing wrong. Krul is a time wasting ass... and deserved to get called out for it.

He'll be cheered when he wears our number 10 shirt.

elseanio

After all them nerves, Everton just didn't turn up. We played really well, especially Kelly, Spearing and Gerrard.

Was sat next to an Evertonian. He wasn't there to celebrate Gerrards hattrick though :(

Salazar

After all them nerves, Everton just didn't turn up.

Yeah. Rodwell may as well have been in the stands. Pienaar was wasteful and eventually lazy. Distin let Suarez trundle past him - I recognise that he can skin players in the box, but that was just giving him a free pass. Baines made a bit of an effort and wasn't completely crap, but there's not a lot you can do on your own.

I hope that numpty on Redcafe who is convinced we are going to sign Rodwell pipes the fuck down.

Labadal

3 goals in one game. Against Everton! One of my happier moments during this crappy season. I still think we played bad a lot of the time, but Suarez and Gerrard did well. No Charlie Adam didn't hurt. Now don't play Hendo as right winger and we'll look a decent side.

We've scored more goals than van Persie! Lol.

elseanio

Yeah. Rodwell may as well have been in the stands. Pienaar was wasteful and eventually lazy. Distin let Suarez trundle past him - I recognise that he can skin players in the box, but that was just giving him a free pass. Baines made a bit of an effort and wasn't completely crap, but there's not a lot you can do on your own.

Baines was good going forward, but let Kelly have the run of the right wing on a few occasions. Thought Peanut did alright actually. But yeah, their whole team just couldn't really settle into any sort of rhythm. The 6 changes from last weeks win probably didn't help, and also bringing on 3 subs at once.

Salazar

Athletic Club Bilbao &#8207; @Athletic_eng
Fernando Llorente and Oscar de Marcos didn't train for Athletic Club today. Both doubtful for Thursday vs Manchester United.

I'd like a United win, but I do like watching Llorente.

Expecting Super Tom in to quicken up our midfield. Still no Valencia, I guess - and this would be a bastard of a game to come back to.

Clegg

Off topic: I'm listening to The Avalanches for the first time.

This shits blowing my mind.

I agree with Salazar. I'd like to see Llorente play but I also want United to go through.

Even if Llorente doesn't play I can still see Bilbao scoring against us.

GorillaJu

3 goals in one game. Against Everton! One of my happier moments during this crappy season. I still think we played bad a lot of the time, but Suarez and Gerrard did well. No Charlie Adam didn't hurt. Now don't play Hendo as right winger and we'll look a decent side.

We've scored more goals than van Persie! Lol.

I don't think we played poorly at all. In fact it was the first time I've seen our current forward line play so fluidly together. Suàrez and Gerrard linking up with Carroll and Kelly, and Downing looked brighter as well. It was a worthy performance - we passed and moved well.

He doesn't carry the team at all. I think unless United is very careful they have a good chance of knocking you out. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they did. If City soldiers on in the Uefa cup and United only has the league left to play for, I can easily see it going your way in the end.

Clegg

Awesome festival band. My first festival, in fact - just when they were starting to get serious radio play in Australia.

I've never really listened to any of their stuff but a friend told me to give them a listen.

"Frontier Psychiatrist" is insane. The horn section in the song is musical crack.

Wilbur

Banned
Off topic: I'm listening to The Avalanches for the first time.

This shits blowing my mind.

I agree with Salazar. I'd like to see Llorente play but I also want United to go through.

Avalanches are awesome. Best new album I've listened to for a while is Put Ur Back N 2 It, Perfume Genius.

And yes, a 2-0 win would do me fine. I want DDG to keep a clean sheet.

Clegg

Avalanches are awesome. Best new album I've listened to for a while is Put Ur Back N 2 It, Perfume Genius.

And yes, a 2-0 win would do me fine. I want DDG to keep a clean sheet.

You like Perfume Genius?

I always knew you were a good bloke.

Just finished the Liverpool/Everton game. Great job by Liverpool and more specifically Gerrard. Player of the game obviously but I think from what I saw my favorite player for Liverpool is Jose Enrique - what a dominant force that guy is. He just muscles people around. (keep in mind my observations come after only one game :b)

What was Everton's deal? Did they not think that match mattered for anything so they're just reserving their energy and their main players for this weekend?

elsk

Banned
Cesc at the Newcastle game on Monday. I think he was afraid of introducing himself to the crowd at HT after some of the comments on Twitter he's had from Arsenal fans since he left. It would have been nice though, the vast majority would have welcomed him warmly

He was a true asshole in that whole barcelona drama.

Salazar

What was Everton's deal? Did they not think that match mattered for anything so they're just reserving their energy and their main players for this weekend?

Think they just had a dud game. And Liverpool played unusually well.

Some of their decent players are out of form/favour with the manager, too. Tim Cahill was having a massive sulk on the bench.

I've never really listened to any of their stuff but a friend told me to give them a listen.

"Frontier Psychiatrist" is insane. The horn section in the song is musical crack.

Since I Left You is such a great album. I got into them back in 2000 or so due to the video for Frontier Psychiatrist and bought the cd - its one of those cds where you get a new favorite song every few weeks. I think my current favorite is Stay Another Season. Perfect song for a nice, warm, sunny day like it was today.

Clegg

I think we have very similar music taste haha
We have good taste bro.
Since I Left You is such a great album. I got into them back in 2000 or so due to the video for Frontier Psychiatrist and bought the cd - its one of those cds where you get a new favorite song every few weeks. I think my current favorite is Stay Another Season. Perfect song for a nice, warm, sunny day like it was today.

Thats what I think too. My friend told me to listen to the song "Radio". I was hooked instantly. I keep changing my favourite song from the album. Its either Frontier Psychiatrist, Since I Left You or Radio.

Messi

Cesc at the Newcastle game on Monday. I think he was afraid of introducing himself to the crowd at HT after some of the comments on Twitter he's had from Arsenal fans since he left. It would have been nice though, the vast majority would have welcomed him warmly

kr7rhl.jpg

An06mL3CAAAMLml.jpg

https://twitter.com/cesc4official/status/178252605791801344

Any person who gives Cesc abuse for leaving is a total idiot. He gave EVERYTHING for Arsenal EVERYTHING. It was just time for him to move on. He was totally respectful when leaving and speaks highly of them in interviews. Sometimes people are morons.

Lightning

Banned

kr7rhl.jpg

An06mL3CAAAMLml.jpg

https://twitter.com/cesc4official/status/178252605791801344
Fuck any Arsenal fan who doesn't give Cesc their FULL support and absolutely adore that guy for all he gave our club.

Only a bunch on ingrates who always see the glass as half empty could hold anything against the man. He gave everything he had for us, got little to no support, played with injury because our squad depth was crappy, played for us when his grand father passed away and because he didn't win anything through no fault of his own and left for his boyhood club with the talent that matches his own Arsenal fans turn against him? Fuck that shit. Makes me ashamed to be an Arsenal fan...

If Cesc introduced himself to the Arsenal crowd I am certain they would give him the standing ovation that he deserves. I was hoping that Arsenal progressed far enough into the CL that we got Barcelona so Cesc could come back to London. Cesc will forever be in my heart and imo is the cheif reason we have maintained CL status throughout the last 4 years when we haven't really deserved it based on our additions to the squad.

Fry

Haha, I left my house and Gerrard scored the hat-trick. I couldn't ask for a better day, Gerrard 3x against Everton, Bayern through the quarter finals, and Inturd out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom