• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

A young and suave Del Bosque.

tumblr_lyn963bdri1qfx3awv1.jpg

Salazar

Happy Birthday. Celebrate by cheering on Chelsea today! ;)

Want Chelsea to be up for the City game. I'm hoping for a low-tempo game with no injuries.

United travelling squad: Amos, De Gea; Evans, Evra, Fabio, Ferdinand, Rafael, Smalling; Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Park, Pogba, Scholes, Young, Valencia; Berbatov, Hernandez, Rooney, Welbeck

972ba1278e7241289b71ene2fk.jpg

Anderson, Nani, and Phil - injured in decreasing order of severity - stay in Manchester.

If Le Pog does get on the pitch (which is profoundly unlikely, but nevertheless), he will have to subdue that seemingly natural inclination to stroll. Fucking run, lad. You're a big, quick, technically gifted bastard.

Want Chelsea to be up for the City game. I'm hoping for a low-tempo game with no injuries.

972ba1278e7241289b71ene2fk.jpg

Anderson, Nani, and Phil - injured in decreasing order of severity - stay in Manchester.

If Le Pog does get on the pitch (which is profoundly unlikely, but nevertheless), he will have to subdue that seemingly natural inclination to stroll. Fucking run, lad. You're a big, quick, technically gifted bastard.

Aye noticed this too. Needs to up his urgency at times. He seems too confident in his own ability to catch up with people.

Salazar

Matt Spiro ‏ @mattspiro
Anf finally, those asking about Hazard... I DONT KNOW WHERE HE WILL GO!!!! But believe me, you'll be first to know when I hear something!

PjflA.gif

Oooooooh said:
Hill-Wood, though, has said that Van Persie is going nowhere.
"I think Robin and his family are very happy in London," said Hill-Wood said, "and I don't think he is solely motivated by money as some players are."

Salazar

Self flagellation and 20 hail Mary's for you I think.

I worship false academy starlets, I confess.

Barmby, Blackett, Van Velzen, Daehli.

I think they could all slot into the first team, foetuses though they be.

The real positive news is the return of Tony.

UbsmZ.gif

I want him ready to tear through Wolves.

bjaelke

Potential to become the best defender at the club according to the assistant manager. Of course being the best defender at Palermo doesn't say too much.

http://i.imgur.com/thie6.jpg[IMG]

Also freed Holst from his Brøndby prison.[/QUOTE]

Holst is currently doing fantastic on my team. I made a policy not to sign any players in 3 seasons. Well I didn't really make the decision. There were no transfer funds available [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

Did you by any chance have Hermansen as a referee in that game?

79i1N.jpg

and I bet not one of the cards was for Brøndby. Fucking Hermansen.
LLShC.gif

Don't play Danish league anymore, too easy. Did download a custom Scandinavian league which was pretty awesome though. Best 5 teams from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.

sohois

Holst is currently doing fantastic on my team. I made a policy not to sign any players in 3 seasons. Well I didn't really make the decision. There were no transfer funds available
KuGsj.gif

Did you by any chance have Hermansen as a referee in that game?

http://i.imgur.com/79i1N.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Transfer funds are no object to a real FM player. If I went a season as York manager without going through at least 40 players then it was a bizarre year; I never had any money either since I would always spend it all in the conference and then get nothing until the Championship.

Salazar

Bah I won't get home from work till 9pm London time so I guess I won't be able to catch the Chelsea match today. Feels bad man. :(

I'm pretty terrible at getting up in the morning for matches recently, so I'll probably have to catch a replay.

And read through this thread, for

a) meltdowns over refereeing
b) Kyoufu persisting with his romantic attraction to that lanky creature Cavani
c) looooooooooool Torres

Numpty club said:
Rangers have stunned all the other clubs in the Premier League by not including relegation clauses in the contracts of their new signings since promotion last summer.

This means stars such as £70,000-a-week Joey Barton and £60,000-a-week Djibril Cisse will still be paid their mega-money contracts even if they drop down a division.

Premier League players normally see their wages cut between 33 per cent and 50 per cent if their club is relegated.

But Rangers were so desperate to sign players such as Jay Bothroyd, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand in the summer that they did not include the clause.

"Stars such as Joey Barton and Djibril Cisse" is acutely humorous in itself. Barton is so small time he trolls about where he places the ball for a corner.

I'm pretty terrible at getting up in the morning for matches recently, so I'll probably have to catch a replay.

And read through this thread, for

a) meltdowns over refereeing
b) Kyoufu persisting with his romantic attraction to that lanky creature Cavani
c) looooooooooool Torres

Ha will do

Do you have the capacity to watch at work, I'm sure some of us could help you out.

Nope :(

That's the one snag in my idea of being a football fan. Except for matches on the weekend and games I can DVR midday (read: That are air on ESPN2) I wont be able to see much since I'm never home until 9pm London time. Guess I'm gonna have to get an iphone so I can stream stuff. Haha

I wonder if I can order Fox Soccer Channel on my cable system. I wish I could just get a dish and get BBC and Sky.

Ha will do

Nope :(

That's the one snag in my idea of being a football fan. Except for matches on the weekend and games I can DVR midday (read: That are air on ESPN2) I wont be able to see much since I'm never home until 9pm London time. Guess I'm gonna have to get an iphone so I can stream stuff. Haha

Well, let us know when you do and some of us can help out. I share your pain. I live in GMT-5. Lots of ways to catch the matches though.

Salazar

Managers' survey results. Some of them are fucking odd.

In a survey by sponsors Barclays, Newcastle striker Demba Ba (56%) was voted signing of the season by Premier League managers.
2. Phil Jones 13%
3. Scott Parker 13%
4. Sebastien Larsson 6%
5. Juan Mata 6%
6. Craig Bellamy 6%

Premier League managers were then asked to rate the best players in each position, starting with goalkeepers. Manchester City came out on top in three out of the four positions.
1. Joe Hart 69%
2. Pepe Reina 13%
3. Brad Friedel 6%
4. Shay Given 6%
5. Tim Krul 6%

Manchester City club captain Vincent Kompany came out on top by a massive 88% as the League's best defender.
2. John Terry 6%
3. Thomas Vermaelen 6%

... meanwhile Kompany's team-mate David Silva topped the voting for the best midfielder with 31%.
2. Yaya Toure 25%
3. Leon Britton 13%
4. Scott Parker 6%
5. Gareth Bale 6%
6. Moussa Dembele 6%
7. Ramires 6%
8. Luka Modric 6%

Manchester City missed out on another chart-topper when Arsenal's Robin van Persie was voted best striker, with 25%.
2. Sergio Aguero 19%
3. Demba Ba 19%
4. Luis Suarez 13% - oh wow.
5. Wayne Rooney 13%
6. David Silva 6%
7. Gareth Bale 6%

Who has been the best young player in the Premier League this season?
1. Phil Jones 31%
2. Daniel Sturridge 25%
3. Kyle Walker 25%
4. Oriel Romeu 6%
5. Scott Sinclair 6%
6. Chris Smalling 6%

Which Premier League manager has impressed you the most this season?
1. Brendan Rodgers 47%
2. Paul Lambert 40%
3. Roberto Mancini 6%
4. Steve Kean 6% - wat

Asked who will win this year's Premier League title, managers voted 67% in favour of Manchester City over rivals United (33%).

Which team, other than your own, do you enjoy watching play the most?
1.Tottenham Hotspur 75%
2. Man Utd 13%
3. Arsenal 6%
4. Swansea 6%

In the 20th season of the Premier league, which player do you think has been the most influential in the League’s history?
1. Ryan Giggs 50%
2. Eric Cantona 13%
3. Paul Scholes 13%
4. Alan Shearer 13%
5. Thierry Henry 6%
6. Cristiano Ronaldo 6%

Other than your own, which Premier League stadium / fans creates the best atmosphere on match days?
1. Liverpool (Anfield) 50%
2. Stoke City (Britannia Stadium) 29%
3. Newcastle United (St James’ Park) 7%
4. Everton (Goodison Park) 7%
5. Tottenham Hotspur (White Hart Lane) 7%

Wilbur

Banned
Happy Birthday ;) I have it on good authority that your brother is buying you a VERY expensive gift.

LOOOOOOOOOL FUCK DAT SHIT CRAY

No I spent a fair amount which is okay when I'm poorer than 2012/13 QPR. I think we're going for a meal later and I'm missing football so I fucking hate him.

Wilbur

Banned
You two are brothers?

Yeah, I got activated ages before him even though he applied in like 1993 so all I'd ever hear is 'oh wilbury why do you get to hang around with awesome animals when all i want to do is lather his body with coconut milk and drink it off'

Those manager surveys, I assume they were done a fair while ago?

Wilbur

Banned
I'm gonna play FM now actually as well, seeing pictures has piqued my interest again. I have a save where I came second with Wimbledon in my first season and won the Paint Trophy, then moved to relegated WBA and came first in the Championship and won the Carling Cup, then came 8th in the PL and won the Carling Cup again, and then left in November 2014 to take over a Milan team left in 15th by Allegri. Came third and won the Champions League.

BOOM

Got bored of that, gonna start a new one with my hometown club Sutton United and another one with Man United. I shall see who I'm more successful with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom