• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I don't. He gets paid shitloads and knew what he was taking on. He's failed, so what.

I don't think he knew his players would underperform so badly. AVB deserves some blame for failing to motivate them but not as mush as the players imo.

Ancelotti should never have been sacked though.

absolutely cracking result for arses, lucky one might say.

and chelsea is losing... niiiice.

ed, putting diaby on for half an hour and he croaked again. god. summer cleaning is need.

Dibbz

Why would anyone want the Chelsea job? AVB should stay and rebuild in the summer. A new manager now is not going to save their season imo.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
You are fucking kidding, Huddersfield couldn't hold a 3-0 lead? This is the kind of shit we were pulling under Clark, ffs Grayson give our boys a kick up the arse will you??!?

Empty

i don't really see how you can sack ancelotti for what he did then keep villas-boas

avb hasn't done well imo. sure he's been stuffed by a disjointed, aging squad caused by chelsea chopping and changing managers all the time so finding it hard to really plan the building of future squads and a unfriendly player power situation constantly undermining him, but he's been hopeless tactically at chelsea, a good manager is flexible and plays according to the strengths the team, has but avb has crudely rammed everyone into his preferred system even though he doesn't have the personnel, see playing the high defensive line for ages despite the lack of pace and luiz's positioning making it suicidal.

Whereas WBA are a team of superstars and Hodgson is a genius?
No, but they're not a bunch of spoilt brats who whine and complain about their manager, team mates, system etc. I would love to see AVB fuck some of the big personalities out on their ear in the summer.

i don't really see how you can sack ancelotti for what they did then keep with villas-boas

avb hasn't done well. sure he's been stuffed by a disjointed, aging squad caused by chelsea chopping and changing managers all the time so finding it hard to really plan the building of future squads and a unfriendly player power situation constantly undermining him. but he's been hopeless tactically at chelsea, a good manager is flexible and plays according to the strengths the team, has but avb has crudely rammed everyone into his preferred system even though he doesn't have the personnel, see playing the high defensive line for ages despite the lack of pace and luiz's positioning making it suicidal.
It's that attitude that keeps the revolving door of managers spinning. I hope after the Ancelotti situation they learnt something and stick with AVB.

I have to say I agree with Avaya. He sees the problems Arsenal have, calls them out every time and doesn't get sucked into this cycle of despair and optimism. It's typical of Arsenal fans to forget about all their problems after a win or two. He does not.

Slizz

Not to blow my own trumpet but I quite liked my own idea lol.

|OT8| More OT's than days the good times were back at Anfield

If OT8 was coming soon I'd go with that, but it's not and Pool still can maybe win a few at home before seasons end?

Slizz

Anyone have a GIF of that RVP strike?

Of course

iXALNK4ByNGFR.gif

iDaYsabr6Y5q9.gif

Props to Sunhi and Hixx

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would anyone want the Chelsea job?

It's free money. You do well, you earn millions. You get sacked, you earn millions, and when you do get sacked you can just whine about the owner/players, etc.

I have to say I agree with Avaya. He sees the problems Arsenal have, calls them out every time and doesn't get sucked into this cycle of despair and optimism. It's typical of Arsenal fans to forget about all their problems after a win or two. He does not.

But...you are a spurs fan lol. You are supposed to hate on Arsenal :p

Thank you Based Hodgson.

Of course

http://i.minus.com/iXALNK4ByNGFR.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iDaYsabr6Y5q9.gif[IMG]

Props to Sunhi and Hixx[/QUOTE]

[quote="HixxSAFC, post: 35683939"][img]http://i.minus.com/iXALNK4ByNGFR.gif[img]

sunhi might have a better one now but at the time it was the same shot.[/QUOTE]

Absolute legends. Thanks!

ShogunX

Another weekend, Another Liverpool performance consisting of missed penalties and fucking woodwork hitting....When will it end?

Thought we played quite well today and didn't deserve to lose but I guess that's the RVP factor. The guy is different class.

Just checked the other results - Chelsea What on earth are you playing at?

Empty

It's that attitude that keeps the revolving door of managers spinning. I hope after the Ancelotti situation they learnt something and stick with AVB.

yeah i agree, i'm just pointing out the absurd situation they've put themselves into. the ancelotti firing rubbed me the wrong way.

despite my negative assessment i do think you should probably stick with avb, getting a new manager will just make things worse unless it's mourinho and i think he showed at porto he can build a formidable side with the right resources, but he's been disappointing this season.

Hixx

It's free money. You do well, you earn millions. You get sacked, you earn millions, and when you do get sacked you can just whine about the owner/players, etc.

They don't even have to do that. Has anybody ever thought any worse of any manager Chelsea have sacked in the last 6 or so years? It garners more sympathy than anything, which says a lot.

yeah i agree, i'm just pointing out the absurd situation they've put themselves into. the ancelotti firing rubbed me the wrong way.

despite my negative assessment i do think you should probably stick with avb, getting a new manager will just make things worse unless it's mourinho and i think he showed at porto he can build a formidable side with the right resources, but he's been disappointing this season.
I don't think there's a snowballs chance of Mourinho coming back. Truth be told, I'd still rather give AVB a few seasons than get Mou back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think there's a snowballs chance of Mourinho coming back. Truth be told, I'd still rather give AVB a few seasons than get Mou back.

I think AVB is is too young to manage a club like Chelsea. Unless you are a legendary former player you will never be able to keep the dressing room together in a 'bad moment' at that age, and even then you might not do it. The sort of player who plays for Chelsea is never going to take AVB seriously. He doesn't have the experience.

I just can't picture players like Drogba, Lampard and Cole really working hard for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom