• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
I wonder where AVB will go if he gets sacked.

Real Madrid?

work.6465080.1.sticker,375x360.troll-face-v1.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mancini trolling Spurs in his BBC interview. '2 points ahead [of United], because tomorrow they will win'.

Scum

I haven't toched my Fantasy footie team since Given got injured. I think I still have van Persie as my Captain too. Awwwww yeaahhhh! :D

Oh, and I see Ibra is 'prepping up for Tuesday night. ;P

Only 1 man to blame for this: Fernando Torres.

50 million pound signing should get you at least 5 goals.

Papiss Cisse, who only cost 9 million, has scored 2 goals in 3 games.

AVB was betting on Torres winning him games, he hasn't so they have been royally fucked.

And yet somehow still ahead of Liverpool in the table :lol

All our draw games at home is the reason for that.

Just like Suarez CHEATING again.

Glad Arsenal won

WTF did Suarez do to cheat? Or you just being an idiot and jumping on the Suarez hate wagon.

Dibbz

FUck YES! RVP for the WIN!!!!!!!!!

Now we have Newcastle next at home where we should be able to get a good result. We should rest a few players againat Milan since we have no chance of going through even if we win so the game doesn't matter and we should save our players (RVP especially) for the Newcastle game.

Feel really bad for AVB. Chelsea's loss today was great for us but I feel sad about it... feels kinda strange.

I have no hope for the Milan game. There is no way Arsene can field his strongest squad after the week they've just had and even if he could what are the chances of turning over a 4 goal lead? Gotta be youngsters and Chamakh plus Park and just get ready for the Newcastle game.

I think we will lose tomorrow and that will be that for the title race.

Hopefully I'm wrong but after some good from near the turn of the year we've been poor for a while now and I expect Spurs to make us pay.

Should we win however it puts us in a good position as our next few games are quite winnable but it'll be a massive effort if we're to win at WHL, probs have to be the best performance of our season.

He dived for the penalty.

He dived for the penalty? Are you blind or are you wearing smoked filled glasses? Did you miss the part where Szczęsny actually tripped him up?

People seem to think Villas-Boas has been sacked, nothing more than twitterfeeds and word of mouth at the moment.

I wonder what will happen to Chelsea once Roman gets bored and realize he won't be getting a CL trophy anytime soon.

WTF did Suarez do to cheat? Or you just being an idiot and jumping on the Suarez hate wagon.
It's more of a tank than a bandwagon really. Few players are as universally disliked as he.

He really needs to give up at the clutching for air as he collapses everytime somebody breathes near him.

feel

Holy shit another amazing goal by Malaga. Santi Cazorla lobs the keeper from like 40 meters away.

All 3 Malaga goals were amazing shots from long distance, keep an eye on 101 later on guys.

Sorry, it was a dive.

He also gets abuse for acting like he's been shot.

untitled-2qfkq9.gif

Sorry you are wrong because he actually clipped him. I've seen that replay like 10 times and even the commentators said there was contact.

In the close-up there was minimal contact, but yeah, Suarez really made a meal out of it. He should have gotten a yellow card.

I agree he made a meal out of it and that's one thing I don't like about Suarez. But there was contact and in definition of a dive, that wasn't one.

Milan's game just ended. Nice result, last time we won in Palermo was too far away in time. Now Arsenal: if we play like today (very unlikely) we can even think about winning that match.

Clegg

Sorry you are wrong because he actually clipped him. I've seen that replay like 10 times and even the commentators said there was contact.

I agree he made a meal out of it and that's one thing I don't like about Suarez. But there was contact and in definition of a dive, that wasn't one.

Fair enough if it wasn't a dive.

But it wasn't a penalty either.

It's more of a tank than a bandwagon really. Few players are as universally disliked as he.

He really needs to give up at the clutching for air as he collapses everytime somebody breathes near him.

To be honest, outside of GAF and the media, I only know of 2 Suarez haters and they're both United fans. One is my wife cousin's son and the other is a co-worker. All the people I know who watch football love watching Suarez play.

Fair enough if it wasn't a dive.

But it wasn't a penalty either.

I agree it wasn't a penalty because it was minimal contact.

Liverpool would have had a better chance of scoring if Suarez had stayed on his feet imo.

Not really, the ball was going out.

Sleepy

To be honest, outside of GAF and the media, I only know of 2 Suarez haters and they're both United fans. One is my wife cousin's son and the other is a co-worker. All the people I know who watch football love watching Suarez play.

Hate Suarez for his handball in the World Cup.

Fair enough.

I don't know anybody who "likes" him who isn't a Liverpool fan. Not to brag but im kind of a big deal so thats alot of people ;)

I even know Liverpool fans who are beginning to get sick of his antics.

He is a great great player but he is ridiculously frustrating.

Fantomex

All our draw games at home is the reason for that.

I have no idea how you're not banned yet. You seem to constantly shit on people's opinions. Indirectly calling them names.

Lightning

Banned
Every little thing Suarez does gets blown up.

Tons of players exaggerate to get penalties. I've seen Van Persie do it, Bale done it last week, Robben does it every chance he gets, almost the entire Barcelona team does it etc.... I don't like Suarez, haven't done ever since the Ghana game at the WC, but the level of hate he receives of GAF is absurd.

Phoenix Fang is a man of faith, Clegg is a man of science.

But I have no faith in Liverpool finishing 4th or even be bale to hang on to 7th. If we didn't win the Carling Cup we would be out of Europa League which I was hoping we didn't get because it is going to be a burn on the team next year.

Hate Suarez for his handball in the World Cup.

I'm still pissed off about that. But at the same time I don't see anyone hating on Henry for his hand of God act against Ireland or Maradona's one the way Suarez is getting it.

I have no idea how you're not banned yet. You seem to constantly shit on people's opinions. Indirectly calling them names.

LOL you act like I'm the only one who shit on people's opinion on here. Majority of the folks on GAF shit on people's opinion and it's just banter, stop being selective. I didn't say he was an idiot, I said he was acting like one.

Kyoufu

Tons of players exaggerate to get penalties. I've seen Van Persie do it, Bale done it last week, Robben does it every chance he gets, almost the entire Barcelona team does it etc.... I don't like Suarez, haven't done ever since the Ghana game at the EC, but the level of hate he receives of GAF is absurd.

You reap what you sow. He does something shitty every single week.

avaya

So Song having a tough game and then still manages to assist RVP is not worth celebrating? Give me a break. Also why do you bring wages into this? It's got nothing to do with it.

I don't even understand how you can call Song lazy. He is always tracking back helping out trying to defend, trying to control midfield and play great balls into the front 3. Right now he is one of Arsenal's strongest players. I hate to think where Arsenal would be with him missing.

That's fucking dumb. How can you support the club but not the players or manager? That makes zero sense. Not liking the manager or players is one thing but to outright not support them, when you apparently support the club they work and play for, is retarded.

First off, since you are a fellow gooner I am not going to ad hominem you. I do however in part blame fans like you for being so loyal that you let business models based on fleecing the fan base, letting teams wallow in mediocrity and the owner making a profit through capital appreciation succeed. That is the model we are running. Look at all at Kroenke's US franchises. Some of them have on their website that winning does not matter.

Wages. It matters heavily what wages they are on, since it's the appalling wage structure that our hypocritical manager has setup that has killed our ability pay competitively or sell the shite on the books. He will claim no player is worth 150k/week, it's inflated wages yet he picks up his 140k/week.

Song - you think he's good, I think he's average at best. He is lazy and complacent , just take your blinkers off. His attitude is key to this. He is an appalling DM. Flamini was so much better. Watch the Man Utd games from last season. He gets dominated by a decent midfield. He was even dominated by the shower of shite today.

Supporting the football club does not mean you should be loyal to your players manager or the execs who run it without question. It does not mean that I shouldn't call a spade a spade. My position is the result of 7 years+ of lies and deception from the board and manager culminating in an utterly disgusting AGM performance by the manager in particular last year.

2 wins does not make up for any of this. In fact neither win has had any impact on me. Neither has any loss. It's the same failures every year, with the same excuses and the same fans willing to give the same people responsible for it all another chance. It's Stockholm syndrome over and over for the cult of Wenger.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm still pissed off about that. But at the same time I don't see anyone hating on Henry for his hand of God act against Ireland or Maradona's one the way Suarez is getting it.

Well to be fair Henry apologised straight away and it is probably one of the only dickish things he's ever done in his life. I thought he was a prick at the time but he's been humble about it.

Maradona achieved something that meant that his handball pales in comparison to everything else he's actually done. He's won World Cups and league titles by himself in a much stronger league than the Eredivisie.

FootballFan

Tons of players exaggerate to get penalties. I've seen Van Persie do it, Bale done it last week, Robben does it every chance he gets, almost the entire Barcelona team does it etc.... I don't like Suarez, haven't done ever since the Ghana game at the EC, but the level of hate he receives of GAF is absurd.

Yeah, I agree, Suarez does dive and whine, but the hate is over the top. Probably cause he plays for Liverpool (just a guess)

BTW who is this ASSASSIN you guys speak of?

Barca missing quite a few players for this game, hope we still do good.

Valdes-Alves,Pique,Masch,Adriano-Keita.Iniesta,Xavi-Pedro,Cesc,Cuenca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom