• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesun

How can anybody blame AVB? He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. I really feel bad for the man, moved in expecting the sort of investment Jose got but instead had to deal with a misfiring £50mill hairdo and "past it" egomaniacs.

Carbonox

I just woke up. What an interesting day of results. Chelsea though...wtf.

This sets us up very well to really establish a top 6 at the least.

nemesun

Another weekend, Another Liverpool performance consisting of missed penalties and fucking woodwork hitting....When will it end?

Thought we played quite well today and didn't deserve to lose but I guess that's the RVP factor. The guy is different class.

Just checked the other results - Chelsea What on earth are you playing at?

First half you lot played magnificently, and if we put Suarez's dive and the subsequent penalty save aside, I felt you guys could have been up by 3 goals; second half wasn't as clear cut as the first half but you guys definitely got robbed today. As a gooner, I know exactly how you feel.

Zabojnik

24 mins in the first time. Milan scored. Not a single faul from Palermo, NOT ONE. In 25mins. I don't get this, I really don't. Why don't these teams put up a fight?!

nemesun

AVB needs to do a Mancini.

"You don't like my plans get out."

Then Lampard will run to his daddy, and will cry his eyes out, the same way he got rid of managers in the past. Terry, Drogba, and Lampard are bunch of cry babies who think they still can throw their weights around. Lampard's comment Re; his relationship with AVB was completely unprofessional last week.

I think AVB is is too young to manage a club like Chelsea. Unless you are a legendary former player you will never be able to keep the dressing room together in a 'bad moment' at that age, and even then you might not do it. The sort of player who plays for Chelsea is never going to take AVB seriously. He doesn't have the experience.

I just can't picture players like Drogba, Lampard and Cole really working hard for him.
Well then that's a problem with the players not the manager. If your manager in work is younger than you, you might not like it, but tough, you have to get on with it.

People can talk about AVBs age and experience all the want, but at the end of the day these players are employed by the club, and the manager is employed to look after them. If they are going to go out of their way to sabotage him or make his life hard, then they should be fucked out. The best manager in the world wont make somebody who doesn't want to work for them work, and so it shouldn't be a reflection on that managers ability when a bunch of spoilt pricks who think they know better refuse to do their jobs.

Then Lampard will run to his daddy, and will cry his eyes out, the same way he got rid of managers in the past. Terry, Drogba, and Lampard are bunch of cry babies who think they still can throw their weights around. Lampard's comment Re; his relationship with AVB was completely unprofessional last week.
To be honest, I never got the impression JT was one of the problem makers. He seems to get on well with AVB when you see them, it's in stark contrast to Lampard's attitude around the manager.

Kyoufu

True dat.

At least if we win we're still 3 points behind Arsenal. Not that bad. Oh hang on, we have Arsenal after Sunderland. :lol

In other news, Krul and Coloccini have signed long terms deals at the club:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03032012/58/premier-league-newcastle-duo-sign-new-deals.html

Excellent. Though I think our defending has been utterly poor lately. Sadly Pardew didn't get the signing he wanted in January. I don't think with our current back 4 we will get into CL, but a top 6 is obtainable.

To be honest, I never got the impression JT was one of the problem makers. He seems to get on well with AVB when you see them, it's in stark contrast to Lampard's attitude around the manager.
JT doesn't have to be a problem maker. He is God at Chelsea and can do whatever he likes.

He probably called AVB into his office on the day he was hired and laid down the law.

IceCold

Wikipedia has spoken:

FDyZL.png

nemesun

Terry was the main culprit in Scolari's fast demise at Chelsea, he basically campaigned openly against Scolari. Let's not make a white knight out of him.

I can't see JT having an issue with him in all honesty. They kept in contact when AVB was even at Porto so I would expect them to be pretty close.

We have a combination of lazy old players and players who feel like they own the club.

But AVB doesn't help himself with his team selections, nothing much wrong in the last couple of games but before that he made stupid choices with centre backs and full backs and in midfield that I think cost us at times.

We need the club to speak out on the issue quite frankly.

I think he should be backed personally he deserves a proper chance, and the players also need to get behind him. Regardless of whether they don't like the manager or not he doesn't pay their wages. So fuck their petty squabbles with the manager, he's in god damn charge, do as your told and If you won't do it for him then do it for the fans.

JT doesn't have to be a problem maker. He is God at Chelsea and can do whatever he likes.

He probably called AVB into his office on the day he was hired and laid down the law.
tehe...

But really, when you see how he acts around him in games they seem to get on. Where as Frank is hardly seen near him and has publicly come out and said they have their differences.

In fact, if I remember correctly. During the whole "staged" manager player love in they had, JT was one of the few non Portuguese players getting involved.

Terry was the main culprit in Scolari's fast demise at Chelsea, he basically campaigned openly against Scolari. Let's not make a white knight out of him.
So it's sewn on that he must be against AVB?

Edit: I have no interest in making white knights out of anybody. As the post above has stated and based on what I've seen, and I've seen enough as I watch every game, his attitude unlike Lampard's and a few others does not stink.

tehe...

But really, when you see how he acts around him in games they seem to get on. Where as Frank is hardly seen near him and has publicly come out and said they have their differences.

In fact, if I remember correctly. During the whole "staged" manager player love in they had, JT was one of the few non Portuguese players getting involved.

So it's sewn on that he must be against AVB?

JT on purely footballing matters is brilliant. He gives his all and is a brilliant leader. No doubts about that.

I do wonder how he'd respond we're he dropped like Lampard though. I don't think it he'd just accept it quietly.

Zabojnik

Joe, what do you have to say for yourself? I know that tonight's Palermo defense is shit and that Ibra is great, but still, this was just shameful.

Although when Zamparini goes on the record saying that Palermo have basically zero chances against Milan, making it sound like the rossoneri are the football gods themselves, that's what you can expect. BOHICA.

JT on purely footballing matters is brilliant. He gives his all and is a brilliant leader. No doubts about that.

I do wonder how he'd respond we're he dropped like Lampard though. I don't think it he'd just accept it quietly.
Well think what you will, but I've never seen him as one of the trouble makers in the AVB scenario and from reading on the Chelsea boards I go on, neither do any others that I've seen. And it's not like it's some sort of JT bias. Lampard is as much Mr. Chelsea as JT and any amount of die-hard fans are getting sick of Franks attitude.

You have to attribute a lot of the blame to Villas-Boas. He is doing much worse than his predecessors. Having said that, the main problem is Abramovich. He wasted over £100 million in little more than 12 months to get Chelsea into this position. Abramovich isn't going to change though, and Chelsea are in a better position with him than they would be without him. Financially, it would be very hard for Chelsea to survive if he left the club. So you really just have to accept his methods.

Kyoufu

Only 1 man to blame for this: Fernando Torres.

50 million pound signing should get you at least 5 goals.

Papiss Cisse, who only cost 9 million, has scored 2 goals in 3 games.

AVB was betting on Torres winning him games, he hasn't so they have been royally fucked.

And yet somehow still ahead of Liverpool in the table :lol

dc89

Only 1 man to blame for this: Fernando Torres.

50 million pound signing should get you at least 5 goals.

Papiss Cisse, who only cost 9 million, has scored 2 goals in 3 games.

AVB was betting on Torres winning him games, he hasn't so they have been royally fucked.

And yet somehow still ahead of Liverpool in the table :lol

The fact Liverpool have only won one league game in 2012 is partly responsible for that.

Lightning

Banned
FUck YES! RVP for the WIN!!!!!!!!!

Now we have Newcastle next at home where we should be able to get a good result. We should rest a few players againat Milan since we have no chance of going through even if we win so the game doesn't matter and we should save our players (RVP especially) for the Newcastle game.

Feel really bad for AVB. Chelsea's loss today was great for us but I feel sad about it... feels kinda strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom