• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I think we will lose tomorrow and that will be that for the title race.

Hopefully I'm wrong but after some good from near the turn of the year we've been poor for a while now and I expect Spurs to make us pay.

Should we win however it puts us in a good position as our next few games are quite winnable but it'll be a massive effort if we're to win at WHL, probs have to be the best performance of our season.

Unfortunately I agree. A win is our only option if we want to keep the pressure on City IMO and I just don't think we're capable of that.

Fair enough.

I don't know anybody who "likes" him who isn't a Liverpool fan. Not to brag but im kind of a big deal so thats alot of people ;)

I even know Liverpool fans who are beginning to get sick of his antics.

He is a great great player but he is ridiculously frustrating.

I will admit I do get tired of his antic especially when he goes down so easily. There are times I see him take on two or three defenders, gets tripped by the defenders but doesn't go down and wins the ball back and takes it to them again. I find it very frustrating that he doesn't go down when he is taking on 2 or 3 defenders but one on one he does down with minimal contact.

Well to be fair Henry apologised straight away and it is probably one of the only dickish things he's ever done in his life. I thought he was a prick at the time but he's been humble about it.

Maradona achieved something that meant that his handball pales in comparison to everything else he's actually done. He's won World Cups and league titles by himself in a much stronger league than the Eredivisie.

Great points. I think Suarez apologised for his handball also.

H0ZK0.png
---->
jUmwg.png

15 goddamn points, fucking lol Bayern

Vaporizer

Banned
First off, since you are a fellow gooner I am not going to ad hominem you. I do however in part blame fans like you for being so loyal that you let business models based on fleecing the fan base, letting teams wallow in mediocrity and the owner making a profit through capital appreciation succeed. That is the model we are running. Look at all at Kroenke's US franchises. Some of them have on their website that winning does not matter.

Wages. It matters heavily what wages they are on, since it's the appalling wage structure that our hypocritical manager has setup that has killed our ability pay competitively or sell the shite on the books. He will claim no player is worth 150k/week, it's inflated wages yet he picks up his 140k/week.

Song - you think he's good, I think he's average at best. He is lazy and complacent , just take your blinkers off. His attitude is key to this. He is an appalling DM. Flamini was so much better. Watch the Man Utd games from last season. He gets dominated by a decent midfield. He was even dominated by the shower of shite today.

Supporting the football club does not mean you should be loyal to your players manager or the execs who run it without question. It does not mean that I shouldn't call a spade a spade. My position is the result of 7 years+ of lies and deception from the board and manager culminating in an utterly disgusting AGM performance by the manager in particular last year.

2 wins does not make up for any of this. In fact neither win has had any impact on me. Neither has any loss. It's the same failures every year, with the same excuses and the same fans willing to give the same people responsible for it all another chance. It's Stockholm syndrome over and over for the cult of Wenger.

ibhW4nVgVSHvw9.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Great points. I think Suarez apologised for his handball also.

But my problem over Suarez doesn't only extend to that handball. He apologised for that and fair enough. But since then he's bit a player, he's been accused of racially abusing one and never apologised, snubbed a handshake after telling his superiors he would, jumps around every five seconds for no reason... that's my view on it anyway. That the handballs of the other two are comparable to Suarez's, but then everything else has to be judged on his actions alone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Palermo
th_cryingm8j7c.gif

Clichy
an6N2.gif

Juventus:Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Padoin, Pirlo, Marchisio; Giaccherini, Matri, Vucinic.

Conte, I hope you know what you're doing?

First off, since you are a fellow gooner I am not going to ad hominem you. I do however in part blame fans like you for being so loyal that you let business models based on fleecing the fan base, letting teams wallow in mediocrity and the owner making a profit through capital appreciation succeed. That is the model we are running. Look at all at Kroenke's US franchises. Some of them have on their website that winning does not matter.

Wages. It matters heavily what wages they are on, since it's the appalling wage structure that our hypocritical manager has setup that has killed our ability pay competitively or sell the shite on the books. He will claim no player is worth 150k/week, it's inflated wages yet he picks up his 140k/week.

Song - you think he's good, I think he's average at best. He is lazy and complacent , just take your blinkers off. His attitude is key to this. He is an appalling DM. Flamini was so much better. Watch the Man Utd games from last season. He gets dominated by a decent midfield. He was even dominated by the shower of shite today.

Supporting the football club does not mean you should be loyal to your players manager or the execs who run it without question. It does not mean that I shouldn't call a spade a spade. My position is the result of 7 years+ of lies and deception from the board and manager culminating in an utterly disgusting AGM performance by the manager in particular last year.

2 wins does not make up for any of this. In fact neither win has had any impact on me. Neither has any loss. It's the same failures every year, with the same excuses and the same fans willing to give the same people responsible for it all another chance. It's Stockholm syndrome over and over for the cult of Wenger.

This is one of the best post I have ever seen on GAF. You are one guy I can hang and talk football with because you aren't a delusional fan.

But my problem over Suarez doesn't only extend to that handball. He apologised for that and fair enough. But since then he's bit a player, he's been accused of racially abusing one and never apologised, snubbed a handshake after telling his superiors he would, jumps around every five seconds for no reason... that's my view on it anyway. That the handballs of the other two are comparable to Suarez's, but then everything else has to be judged on his actions alone.

That's fair enough. I guess fan has players they dislike for various reasons.

FootballFan

Iniesta!!! Good play from Keita and Adriano.

edit:
Damn, avaya ever heard anything like THIS. Great post.

MPW

lol @ bayern

at the beginning of the season they were scoring goals for fun and racking up wins after wins

wtf happened?

He's your constant.

Someone tell me to stop using LOST puns, please.

Please stop using it.

I don't watch Lost so I'm lost on the pun you are using :p

Does van Persie really have one year left on his contract? Why the fuck DOES he have one year left anyway?

Because he's seen that Cesc has won like 5 trophies in one season. Five more than the ones he won with Arsenal.

Scum

Does van Persie really have one year left on his contract? Why the fuck DOES he have one year left anyway?

LegoArmo

Are you guys trying to reverse jinx it, or something? You should expect United to beat Spurs going into a game, home or away. They will.

Clegg

Arsenal are trying to save every penny they can by not giving him a bigger salary until the last possible second.

It's also beneficial for RVP as it lets him keep his options open.

Are you guys trying to reverse jinx it, or something? You should expect United to beat Spurs going into a game, home or away. They will.

Nope, I'd earmarked this weekend as the key one in the title race a few weeks ago, can't be bothered to go find the post now.

City had an easy win at home, they got the job done and have the 3 points. Tomorrows game is tough. I expect United to do well every week but we can't win every game. Spurs are one of the better sides this term and on the whole have been in good form. We haven't been playing well lately and Spurs are strong in areas where we are weak. Their CM should be able dominate ours and our fullbacks can be got at IMO. Evra is rubbish and will get cut apart unless he ups his level greatly.

Of course we have our strengths too. I won't be shocked if we win, it's possible of course. But I'm putting Spurs down as favourites. I'll be very impressed if we win. We went into the spell of games against Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs 2 points behind City, it'll be fantastic if we end it that way.

I wish Valencia was playing, would be far more confident if he was.

Fry

Don't ever tell me what I can't do, ever. This is destiny...this is my destiny. I'm supposed to do this dammit! Don't ever tell me what I can't do.

It's really cool to read these quotes here, I know which character said and in which scene, I read it in my head with their voices, too. I was crazy about Lost and must have watched each episode at least 3 times.

lol @ bayern

at the beginning of the season they were scoring goals for fun and racking up wins after wins

wtf happened?

There were a lot of clean sheets too. The team just fell apart.

Scum

Arsenal are trying to save every penny they can by not giving him a bigger salary until the last possible second.

It's also beneficial for RVP as it lets him keep his options open.

I'd be shock if he's still there after the summer. I'm expecting a £25m - £30m bid from either R. Madrid or Man City after the Euro 2012...

Kweh

I think RvP will stay whether we finish 4th or not.

As for Song, he has the most successful through balls of any player in the league, ahead of even Silva and Modric and 11 assists for the season. One of the most underrated players out of the top 4 or 5 teams imo.

nemesun

Mixture of inept management, and our wage structure. If he leaves, we will have a riot on our hands. Nasri was a rat, but RvP is well worshiped around Seven Sisters & Holloway.

dc89

Sorry, it was a dive.

He also gets abuse for acting like he's been shot.

untitled-2qfkq9.gif

In the close-up there was minimal contact, but yeah, Suarez really made a meal out of it. He should have gotten a yellow card.

Guys, Avaya ever heard anything like it?
we're going to get so much out of this title

Anyway, justice was served. They missed the penalty and went on to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom