• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Who is this guy?
KuGsj.gif

I hope when you reach the dizzying heights of meme stardom you remember me.

shut up cocknose

JWong

Banned
So what happens know? They're going to draw for the semi final bracket?

Man, the UEFA site is hard to figure out these things.

Fry

The why are Chelsea still in it?

iFR1Bkax9UMbz.gif

A team that have done well enough to knock some good teams out. They deserve to be there, more so than Chelsea.

That's true, but what I was getting at is about opinion, if you rather see a knockout stage full of big team names, or with some underdogs.
The former can provide epic matches, and the latter some upsets.

Turok_TTZ

First of all. Sahin can't play in a 2nd leg of a Champions match if he hasn't played more than 40 minutes in all the season. We need security, not experiments. He'll play when La Liga is over and the title is ours.

Higuaín is in better shape than Benzema. Karim has been injured for nearly a month and he had his first minutes against Betis last Saturday. How can Benzema prove to be superior than Higuaín if he has played a lot more minutes than Pipa and has only scored 1 more goal? The ratio proves that Higuaín is better.

And Lass? Why he should've played? 3 midfielders against CSKA at home? No way.

in 25 mins a goal and an assist just coming off injury as a sub, doing more than higuain even though he started. Doesn't help that higuain is average in the cl. lastly, Unlike Higuian, Benz is more than just a striker, he be the complete package. Higgy is just a poacher, if he cant score, he wont deliver any impact. Benz cant score? np he will make sure someone else will in his place. 37 apps both have total this season. Benz has 1 more goal though, and double the assists. Ratio? in cl, higgy has one of the worst goal ratios of any striker. its shocking he even started this game. besides that, Benzema is not only the better footballer, he is the better man and shud be the 1st choice. I thought the last Clasico made this clear.

Sahin has the skillset and talent to be one of the best midfielders in the game. He is 3x the footballer khedira, granero, lass are put together. and if only he was given chances to stake a claim in the first team that with him we can let go of the overreliance of alonso and finally fix the main weakness of Real madrid which is our midfield. Sahin is excellent both offensively and defensively, a midfield general. something Real Madrid are quite in need of. Lass is a headless chicken, he dont read the play, he just looks at whoever has the ball like a dimwit. Khedira for his supposed tactical prowess lacks in technical ability which hurts him pretty bad when he enters the final 3rd. Granero I actually do like. His passing ability is respectable and given enough minutes, he alongside sahin can change Real madrid's overreliance of alonso but Granero needs to grow some balls. He passes the ball sideways and back, not forward which is a real shame becuz he is quite close to alonso's passing ability. ideally i wud like granero and sahin to eventually overtake alonso and khedira to allow more creativity and more chances for our forwards to score. Alonso cant defend/break up play to save his life and khedira is just a an average box to box midfielder with excellent tactical prowess. Though to khedira's credit he does have some goat moments. It pains me to see mou has no vision for midfield. sahin needs to play. he is last years bundesliga player of the year and most importantly, the man who bested schweinstieger. Schweinstieger is miles better than alonso. if i cud, i'd switch alonso with schweini in a heart beat. but thankfully Madrid got sahin, who is younger and is as capable as schweini. it pains me to see him not playing knowing his ability. Mourinho doesn't have a bloody clue with midfield. he has no vision, he doesn't recognise a good midfielder when he sees one. Especially true when I read him praising kaka for an excellent performance today when kaka was invisible and delivered a performance that is below average. unacceptable.

Sorry for the long wall of text. I rarely post here but know this. I love my club, Real madrid. and Im a bit passionate for my team. Not like an ultra but ye get the idea.

and to finish. contrary to wut i said earlier... its true Higgy is the better goalscorer, but Benz is the better footballer. and the one Real madrid needs right now up front... is the better footballer.

Wilbur

Banned

That's true, but what I was getting at is about opinion, if you rather see a knockout stage full of big team names, or with some underdogs.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather watch a big team go to APOEL and have to face their fans and the atmosphere at their home ground then a dire game at a half full Inter Milan match. Fuck the big team, they're there on merit.

Fady K

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!T!TY!T!T!T!T!T!T

I CANT BELIEVE THIS! NO WAY!!! 4-1!! FOUR!!! LUIZ WAS INCREDIBLE. IVANOVIC WAS BRILLIANT. DROGBA!! TORRES WAS GREAT OUTSIDE THE REQUIRED MISS PER MATCH.

Ok guys, seriously, that was the most tense football experience I have had yet. It was painful - LITERALLY. The last hour was horrible on my heart, I literally had to force myself to sit down in the last 15 minutes of extra time. It was far too tense.

Respect to the team. I don't see us going through the quarter finals - especially if we face any of the big three, you all know who they are. They played wonderfully today. Luiz was an extremely responsible defender, Drogba & Lampard showed some flashes of brilliance from the old days, Terry was great, Ivanovic was unbelievable, Ramires did great things, Torres did great.

I don't want a Barca X Chelsea game. Seeing two teams I love very much play against one another = no thanks.

I almost cried, like that Napoli fan out of exhaustion and happiness. My God, Matteo making AVB look bad. When was the last time Chelsea came from a 3-1 to a 4-5?

What a draining game, my goodness....shock of the season for me by far.

:O A Wild Fady post has appeared! Oh no Fady! I have it on Xbox :(:(:(:(

Awww that sucks, I do have a 360 as well but never bothered with a gold membership :p

Al Jazeera usually has the best quality and most stable streams most of the time for La liga matches, that and the insane commentary is the main reason I've watched a few matches on that channel.

To answer you question, I'm Indian as you can probably tell from my name :) My family's Hindu, but I don't actually believe in religion so I wouldn't call myself a Hindu.

Haha so you watch it with Arabic commentary ever? Brilliant stuff!! Did you see the Chelsea-Napoli game?

Carles Puyol tweeted this amazing picture:

scaled.php

Holy shit, is there anything he can't do?

I LOVE MESSI.

Just thought I better let football thread know I just beat ME2. Did I beat Fady??

Work prevents me from beating it as fast as I want to Clydefrog :[ How was it? I'm 60 hours in! Great game!

dat moustache

It's my birthday today, GAF! Woo!

Happy belated bday bro :D!

Yesssssss!!!!!

High Five Kyle!!!!

High Five Fady!!!!

Ass Slap JT!!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT BRO!!!!

Come on Torres. Fady believes in you!

He was great dc, though he did miss a nearly-definite goal! Have u seen the match? Lucky you - you can start the third ME now!

I know Fady is optimistic but surely he isn't deluded.

Right, I never expect much from Torres these days - that miss was expected bah :/ Though overall I was quite impressed with his performance!

I'm freaking out.

I'm dying.

I feel you bro - I was literally struggling in the last half hour, only to face another half hour!!

I hope Chelsea get us(sorry fady) or Madrid next.

Grats Chelsea.

Did you I'm crazy about Barca as well? Your avatar has my favorite player in the world too :) That's why I'd hate to see them face each other.

FUCK YES! Cracking performance tonight - effort, determination and quality when it mattered. Terry, Luiz, Ivanovic and Drogba were simply immense - and Torres played well when he came on as well.

We're not going to win the CL - but tonight is a really good morale boost for the club; and if we beat Leicester as well this weekend we've made good headway in another competition.

Well said moobabe - what an admirable performance. Pains me to say this, but with AVB around I could not see us playing the way we did today,

my heart.

seriously bundle of fucking nerves!

come on you blues!!!!

SO TRUE. MOST PAINFUL FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE IN A LONG TIME ;/

Did Fady go to the game? Where's his crazy post?

I think Fady exploded in a maelstrom of his own jizz.

Fady is still busy Di Matteo hugging everyone in his neighbourhood.

He will be here shortly to multiquote us to a inch of our lives!

dc knows me too well, and you guys are all right, this was the most exhilarating match I have seen in ages. Nearly gave me a heart attack. Ahhhh.....

Kozak

Banned
That's just what I think, anyway. A truly epic Champions League doesn't include APO-fucking-EL.

Thats a ridiculous thing to say.

BTW Lol at Villas Boas. Sacked and Chelsea back in contention or 4th and in the quarter finals of CL.

K444WSR

Great win for Chelsea. Really entertaining match and credit to both teams for going for it. Gonna miss napolis attacking play in the rest of the competition, particularly lavezzi, think he's class. But fair play to Chelsea, they went for it, got a bit of luck and tool their chances.

Kyoufu

Great win for Chelsea. Really entertaining match and credit to both teams for going for it. Gonna miss napolis attacking play in the rest of the competition, particularly lavezzi, think he's class. But fair play to Chelsea, they went for it, got a bit of luck and tool their chances.

I only saw 1 team going for it. Napoli's goal doesn't count :p

Wilbur

Banned
I meant in the knockout stages only, by the way.

I really disagree. United are a huge club but they don't deserve to be there this season. They shouldn't be there on name alone, and if I was anything but a United fan I'd be ashamed to think they'd be representing my country in the CL quarter finals after their displays. APOEL fully deserve to be there and I'm glad they are.

Fry

I really disagree. United are a huge club but they don't deserve to be there this season. They shouldn't be there on name alone, and if I was anything but a United fan I'd be ashamed to think they'd be representing my country in the CL quarter finals after their displays. APOEL fully deserve to be there and I'm glad they are.

I know they deserve it, I'm not disputing that, Wilbers. I think you missed the point. :p

referring to the lack of tag?

Yeah.

Wilbur

Banned
I know they deserve it, I'm not disputing that, Wilbers. I think you missed the point. :p

Your point is you'd rather watch the knockout stages of the Champions League with the big teams? Why, when they don't deserve it? Or if they play worse football, or the circumstances don't allow for there to be things like underdogs winning or hostile home crowds that add to atmosphere etc.?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I've read some odd things in this thread today. Apparently because the sport is a man's game you're not allowed to wear equipment that helps prevent concussions. I also didn't know only the top teams from the top few leagues were supposed to play in CL.

Wilbur

Banned
I've read some odd things in this thread today. Apparently because the sport is a man's game you're not allowed to wear equipment that helps prevent concussions. I also didn't know only the top teams from the top few leagues were supposed to play in CL.

Also Chelsea won

Fry

:lol Amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom