• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridy

damn it pool

arsenal finishing 4th = rvp staying

We don't need RVP, and he is old and already reached his peak. Benz and El Pipita are good enough for us and they're both still young and have a great future ahead of them.

But if Mou think we need another striker I'd rather we get Aguero or Neymar.

Scum

Mixture of inept management, and our wage structure. If he leaves, we will have a riot on our hands. Nasri was a rat, but RvP is well worshiped around Seven Sisters & Holloway.

How's his agent like anyway? Hopefully he has a 20 in "Patience" and a 5 for 2Willingness to Tout." :p

MPW

Leverkusen score 1-0

untitled-106ekrv.gif

lol nice goal

We don't need RVP, and he is old and already reached his peak. Benz and El Pipita are good enough for us and they're both still young and have a great future ahead of them.

But if Mou think we need another striker I'd rather we get Aguero or Neymar.

lol no

rvp is clinical finisher which madrid doesn't have since the departure of rvn, higuain missed great chances vs barca in copa del rey 2nd leg, rvp would have scored those, against good teams you don't get too many chances so u gotta score when you get the chance

higuain and benz will be in their time by the time rvp is sold in 3-4 years

I think it'll take more than getting 4th spot to convince RVP to stay. The next contract he signs will be his last major one whilst he is at the peak of his powers. Arsenal may well finish 4th but they are still a long long way from challenging for the PL or CL titles. If RVP wants a realistic shot at winning a League/European Cup he needs Arsenal to invest massively or he will have to look elsewhere.

I think he really does want to stay at Arsenal and would leave with a heavy heart if it comes to that...but he's a football player at the end of the day. If he wants to win major honours, a lot has to change for it to be at Arsenal.

nemesun

I think RvP will stay whether we finish 4th or not.

Don't bet on it. I have feeling he's destined for Madrid. It'll be a tough sell to keep a player in his prime at the club that is unwilling to hand out massive wages and its only ambition is to finish in the top 4.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic is killing me. We should stop passing him the ball.

edit: That wasn't even on target. He's just shooting for the sake of shooting!

Fry

I think RvP wants more than that to be honest. 4th or even 3rd place aren't guarantees of a trophy in the slightest, it's just a qualification to a competition Arsenal never won, and are out of this year's edition already. What's the point?

I have absolutely nothing against Arsenal, I'm just giving my 2 cents.
I think it will take more to keep him in the team, if he's willing to stay.

Clegg

I'd be shock if he's still there after the summer. I'm expecting a £25m - £30m bid from either R. Madrid or Man City after the Euro 2012...

I can definitely see bids being put in for RVP in the summer.

It depends on what RVP wants to do. He's treated pretty well at Arsenal and is undoubtedly their number 1 man. Players like that feeling so he may be content to stay at Arsenal.

He's 28 now so this is probably his last chance to sign a big contract. He'd stand a better chance of winning things if he moved to a team like Madrid imo. He'd also get a nice increase in his wages. Arsenal are all over the place right now and I can't see them challenging for the league unless significant investment is made. That may be a big negative for them when they try to get RVO to stay.

If he does go I think it will be to a continental team. I can't see him staying in England.

Lightning

Banned
First off, since you are a fellow gooner I am not going to ad hominem you. I do however in part blame fans like you for being so loyal that you let business models based on fleecing the fan base, letting teams wallow in mediocrity and the owner making a profit through capital appreciation succeed. That is the model we are running. Look at all at Kroenke's US franchises. Some of them have on their website that winning does not matter.

Wages. It matters heavily what wages they are on, since it's the appalling wage structure that our hypocritical manager has setup that has killed our ability pay competitively or sell the shite on the books. He will claim no player is worth 150k/week, it's inflated wages yet he picks up his 140k/week.

Song - you think he's good, I think he's average at best. He is lazy and complacent , just take your blinkers off. His attitude is key to this. He is an appalling DM. Flamini was so much better. Watch the Man Utd games from last season. He gets dominated by a decent midfield. He was even dominated by the shower of shite today.

Supporting the football club does not mean you should be loyal to your players manager or the execs who run it without question. It does not mean that I shouldn't call a spade a spade. My position is the result of 7 years+ of lies and deception from the board and manager culminating in an utterly disgusting AGM performance by the manager in particular last year.

2 wins does not make up for any of this. In fact neither win has had any impact on me. Neither has any loss. It's the same failures every year, with the same excuses and the same fans willing to give the same people responsible for it all another chance. It's Stockholm syndrome over and over for the cult of Wenger.
Interesting post but this does pose a problem.

What would you rather. We take losses each year like most other clubs and gain a few trophies or we retain our current policy but tweak a few things and try to earn our trophies that way?

It is beyond question that to buy the players we will be looking for will cause us to take some losses so do we follow Man City/Chelsea style and just pay whatever in order to attempt to win? I am proud of our current style. Of course I would rather us to at least buy 1 high quality player, especially in our midfield and for us to win trophies but you take last season where it ended oh so badly but we were so close to winning the league and we done it without taking silly losses. The fall off towards the end of the year was extremely disappointing and this year has been a disaster but the transfer business over the last summer did not go well nor to Wenger's plans and it's quite obvious. But if we can get out of this crap of a season with 4th place and retain our CL spot then, given the circumstances, I can be happy provided the correct business is done in the off season.

There are several players that need to go. I agree about our wage structure though, that desperately needs to change. It's currently pathetic...

nemesun

I can definitely see bids being put in for RVP in the summer.

It depends on what RVP wants to do. He's treated pretty well at Arsenal and is undoubtedly their number 1 man. Players like that feeling so he may be content to stay at Arsenal.

He's 28 now so this is probably his last chance to sign a big contract. He'd stand a better chance of winning things if he moved to a team like Madrid imo. He'd also get a nice increase in his wages.

If he does go I think it will be to a continental team. I can't see him staying in England.

I concur. There is next to no chance of him playing for another English team if he decides to leave.

FootballFan

Who was sent off? Why isn't Messi on? What's going on?!

Pique. Messi received his 5th yellow last game. As for the last question, only thing I can think of is quite a lot of first team players missing. Iniesta and Xavi are here though.

Messi left for Plymouth this morning, said he couldn't hack the Catalan lifestyle and felt like owning a beet farm.

:lol imagine that.

Sleepy

There are several players that need to go. I agree about our wage structure though, that desperately needs to change. It's currently pathetic...

Which players would you sell? I'm not being confrontational, just interested. Also, what is so fucked about wage structure? Just looking for insight.

Dibbz

Wages. It matters heavily what wages they are on, since it's the appalling wage structure that our hypocritical manager has setup that has killed our ability pay competitively or sell the shite on the books. He will claim no player is worth 150k/week, it's inflated wages yet he picks up his 140k/week.

Song - you think he's good, I think he's average at best. He is lazy and complacent , just take your blinkers off. His attitude is key to this. He is an appalling DM. Flamini was so much better. Watch the Man Utd games from last season. He gets dominated by a decent midfield. He was even dominated by the shower of shite today.

You act like Song is making 200k a week and sits on the bench when in fact, according to that report a few weeks ago, he makes 50k. For a player of his ability I would say that is a bargain for Arsenal. Why again did you even bring up wages regarding Song? Fair enough if we were talking about Squillaci or someone else that doesn't contribute but with Song? Come on.

Yes Flamini was a great player but he didn't want to stick around.

Anyway It seems you just want to rant about the club and it's management which is not what started this argument.

Hixx

Need something to focus my mind on. But I'm in one of those moods where I don't really want to do anything. Hate these weekends.

FootballFan

Haha nice.

Barca's squad is really lacking. They're nothing without the Triforce.

this was the starting line up.
Valdes-Alves,Pique,Masch,Adriano-Keita.Iniesta,Xavi-Pedro,Cesc,Cuenca.

Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Villa, Sanchez and Messi the ones that didnt/couldnt start, so not necessarily just the Triforce(lol).

Still possible to win this, 15minutes left.

Zabojnik

Giaccccccccccchhhh .... Damn, close.

Eh, non a great first half. We can afford one dead weight up front (Vucinic, DO FUCKING SOMETHING FOR ONCE), we can't afford two (Matri).

Sporting´s starting 11 against Setubal.

Patricio; Arias, Xandão, Polga, Insua; Carriço, Schaars, Elias; Izmailov, Ribas and Capel.

I already knew João Pereira would be rested for City but I have no idea why Wolfswinkel isn´t even on the bench.

On another note, FIFA on the Vita is so fucking addictive, nothing like playing it on the sofa while watching football on tv.

Clegg

Liam Brady is on Irish tv right now and he's basically pleading with Arsenal to break their wage structure for RVP.

He's says Arsenal have regressed with the sale of Fab and Nasri. He also thinks they never recovered from selling Flamini and Henry too.

I find this interesting as Brady is actually an employee of Arsenal. When a club legend and employee of yours speaks out you should at least listen.

ShogunX

Every little thing Suarez does gets blown up.

Tons of players exaggerate to get penalties. I've seen Van Persie do it, Bale done it last week, Robben does it every chance he gets, almost the entire Barcelona team does it etc.... I don't like Suarez, haven't done ever since the Ghana game at the WC, but the level of hate he receives of GAF is absurd.

Wow a sensible post about Suarez? Refreshing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom