• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiloa

As a United fan, I think Bilbao completely and unconditionally deserved to go through. United have been poor, but it was nothing compared to how good Bilbao have played.

sneaky77

06_300x223.jpg

Think if I ever start to properly put effort in to watching La Liga I might give Bilbao my time, purely because of the enjoyment they're giving me tonight.

I'd love to say bad luck UTD but they just haven't shown up.

bud

honestly, united would have a hard time in, like, the top seven in la liga. look at bilbao's passing game and compare that with united's. the difference is pretty fucking huge. it's not even budgetary problem which makes it quite depressing.

ShogunX

honestly, united would have a hard time in, like, the top seven in la liga. look at bilbao's passing game and compare that with united's. the difference is pretty fucking huge. it's not even budgetary problem which makes it quite depressing.

So how would Chelsea do in La Liga?

I think it just accentuates the different styles of the Spanish game to the English game. I think we are seeing that the English game isn't going to hold up as the sport evolves.

Bumhead

Banned
One in the eye for the "Best league in the world" morons, as if that myth ever needed dispelling.

Bilbao won that at a canter, pretty much. Men against boys. A team made up entirely of Spanish/Basque players (with the exception of a Venezuelan, if I recall correctly?), which makes an equal mockery of the transfer system.

Brilliant stuff.

Kyoufu

Are Bilboa really this good or are Utd this shit?

Man Utd didn't turn up. Not taking anything away from Bilbao, they're playing really well, but you'd be fooling yourself if you thought the league leaders actually turned up to a Europa league game.

One in the eye for the "Best league in the world" morons, as if that myth ever needed dispelling.

Bilbao won that at a canter, pretty much. Men against boys. A team made up entirely of Spanish/Basque players (with the exception of a Venezuelan, if I recall correctly?), which makes an equal mockery of the transfer system.

Brilliant stuff.

I think Amobieleta (sp?) has some basque in him.

LegoArmo

Are Bilboa really this good or are Utd this shit?

Bilbao have been amazing, but it's a sign of how much better the Spanish style of football is than the English.

In England, teams will sit off you, let you play, then they'll have their go. Bilbao won't let that happen and United have no idea what to do.

Rad-

I'm rooting for Bilbao to win the Euro League. Great fans and some exciting players.

Why do I get the feeling that Pogba could be Balotelli 2.0?

What do you mean? One of Pogba's strongest points is his mental side, unlike Balotelli.

ShogunX

Bad, but better than Liverpool.

Missing the point. Not even having a dig at Chelsea but more saying we shouldn't use this match to determine how Man Utd would perform across a whole season. Chelsea beat Valencia 3-0 yet are 5th in the Premiership.

But But Liverpool. Yeah.

Fur_Q

Man Utd didn't turn up. Not taking anything away from Bilbao, they're playing really well, but you'd be fooling yourself if you thought the league leaders actually turned up to a Europa league game.

What. Even at home? yeah utd wanna be shown up on the world stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom