• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Which players would you sell? I'm not being confrontational, just interested. Also, what is so fucked about wage structure? Just looking for insight.
Okay. Here is my list:

Manuel Almunia
Abou Diaby
Theo Walcott
Marouane Chamakh
Johan Djourou
Sébastien Squillaci
Andrei Arshavin
Denílson
Nicklas Bendtner
Carlos Vela

A few players in our starting line up also need to be relegated to the bench.

My issue with our wage structure is that we pay to much for players who dont play and don't pay enough to our top players. For example, Nasri left us because we wouldn't pay him 120k a week, which was 30k more than what we reportedly offered, but we are prepared to pay Squillaci 60k a week to sit on the bench and whenever he does take the field he is invariably the worst player on the field.

Put it this way... if Van Persie leaves because we are being stingy with our pockets there will be hell to pay.... Van Persie DESERVES at least 150k a week while those other shitty players don't even deserve to put on an Arsenal shirt let alone their wages.

Sleepy

Thanks for the post. Don't agree with Walcott-- flashes of brilliance, that one. Diaby looked shit today.

Arsenal doesn't pay the good players...but overpays the bench. Interesting. I can't believe that about Nasri. Still, he hasn't lit up MC. If Wenger would have played Arshavin in his natural position would things be different for him?

Arnie

Every little thing Suarez does gets blown up.

Tons of players exaggerate to get penalties. I've seen Van Persie do it, Bale done it last week, Robben does it every chance he gets, almost the entire Barcelona team does it etc.... I don't like Suarez, haven't done ever since the Ghana game at the WC, but the level of hate he receives of GAF is absurd.

Thank you. It's the reason I'm going to refrain from coming into this thread during matches, some of the posters here are embarrassing. It's one big circle jerk. Prime example today when everyone said Suarez dived, he didn't, there was contact, shin to shin, which isn't a dive.

iQlLSBLl7o90F.gif

A dive is what Bale did against us. No contact and dropping.

I don't like Suarez's exaggeration, and I don't blame people for getting annoyed at it, but some people let it consume them so they say ridiculous things. Exaggeration isn't diving. It's not nice, and I'd rather he didn't do it, but hundreds of players go down under contact in the box, especially when a keeper comes to confront an oncoming player, clatters them and misses the ball.

nemesun

Okay. Here is my list:

Manuel Almunia
Abou Diaby
Theo Walcott
Marouane Chamakh
Johan Djourou
Sébastien Squillaci
Andrei Arshavin
Denílson
Nicklas Bendtner
Carlos Vela

Add Park to that list and that's more or less my list too. A massive house cleaning is in order, and wouldn't mind Arsene saying his tata as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Kobe Bryant "It was civil unrest in our house in Italy. I was a Milan fan, Dad was for Inter and my sister liked Juventus."

I hope his sister is hot.

Scum

Thanks for the post. Don't agree with Walcott-- flashes of brilliance, that one. Diaby looked shit today.

Arsenal doesn't pay the good players...but overpays the bench. Interesting. I can't believe that about Nasri. Still, he hasn't lit up MC. If Wenger would have played Arshavin in his natural position would things be different for him?

I do. Should have sent him on loan instead of Miyachi. Oxfarm Chamberpot deserves to be ahead of Walcott in the pecking order.
I'd even forgotten about Marouane Chamakh. :lol

Dibbz

Most of Arsenal GAF will probably disagree but Diaby needs a chance. Just one full season behind him and I'm sure he will show what a great player he is.

Sleepy

Oxfarm Chamberpot deserves to be ahead of Walcott in the pecking order.
I'd even forgotten about Marouane Chamakh. :lol

Chamakh was a sub for today, as well. IiRC.

I really like Walcott. Those two goals last week were great, and he almost scored today.

Most of Arsenal GAF will probably disagree but Diaby needs a chance. Just one full season behind him and I'm sure he will show what a great player he is.

I thought he looked a bit spastic today. But he has been out awhile, right?

Clegg

There was such minimal contact with Szczesny though.

There was no need for him to go down.

Thats why I dislike Ashley Young so much.

WJD

Thank you. It's the reason I'm going to refrain from coming into this thread during matches, some of the posters here are embarrassing. It's one big circle jerk. Prime example today when everyone said Suarez dived, he didn't, there was contact, shin to shin, which isn't a dive.

iQlLSBLl7o90F.gif

A dive is what Bale did against us. No contact and dropping.

I don't like Suarez's exaggeration, and I don't blame people for getting annoyed at it, but some people let it consume them so they say ridiculous things. Exaggeration isn't diving. It's not nice, and I'd rather he didn't do it, but hundreds of players go down under contact in the box, especially when a keeper comes to confront an oncoming player, clatters them and misses the ball.

It's not the going down under minimal contact that annoys me, as has already been said, lots of players do that. It's the rolling around clutching the shin and grasping the air which fuel my intense dislike of him.

It frustrated the fuck out of me when Nani did similar and curled into his infamous foetal position but to his credit, he's cut that out now. It'd just be nice to see players like Suarez doing the same.

nemesun

Kobe Bryant "It was civil unrest in our house in Italy. I was a Milan fan, Dad was for Inter and my sister liked Juventus."

I hope his sister is hot.
Is he promoting his latest hair product or something? Because from the sound of it he has pinpointed his target demographic.

sneaky77

It's not the going down under minimal contact that annoys me, as has already been said, lots of players do that. It's the rolling around clutching the shin and grasping the air which fuel my intense dislike of him.

Unfortunately a lot of players do this

Arnie

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but that's bullshit. Look at his shin pad move, that's not minimal contact, that's a clash, and at that point any player is entitled to look for the penalty. You're letting your dislike for the player cloud your judgement on this particular incident, as were most people at the time, to my disdain; people who now look foolish with the close up gif.

It frustrated the fuck out of me when Nani did similar and curled into his infamous foetal position but to his credit, he's cut that out now. It'd just be nice to see players like Suarez doing the same.

That's fine and I appreciate your point, I'm not greatly fond of it myself. What irks me is when people jump to ridiculous conclusions based on this dislike, as evidenced by the page of posts saying Suarez dived today, when he didn't. For reference, this is a dive:

iBjNpsage2vpf.gif

FootballFan

Yeah there's no need, but how many other players would have gone down there? Nani, Cr7, Pedro, Di Maria, Eboue and so many others. Suarez isn't an angel(not even close lol), but I do think that the hate for him is a bit too much.

Although I have to say he does bring a lot of the hate to himself, whether its the handball at the World Cup, the whole Evra fiasco, diving and so on.

You must hate majority of the players out there because almost all them do this. I've seen a lot of players do it week in and week out but it gets blown out of proportion when Suarez does it. I'm not saying its a good thing and I find it annoying but people like being very selective.

Fantomex

Why is it that the Suarez defense force always has to compare his actions to other players doing them same thing? I can compare myself to shitty players in order to look good. A man is responsible for his OWN actions.

Clegg

Wonder who it'll be.
Heskey
I'm sorry to be so blunt, but that's bullshit. Look at his shin pad move, that's not minimal contact, that's a clash, and at that point any player is entitled to look for the penalty. You're letting your dislike for the player cloud your judgement on this particular incident, as were most people at the time, to my disdain; people who now look foolish with the close up gif.
Arnie that is minimal contact. Their shins brushed against each other and nothing more.

It's your right as a Liverpool fan to defend him but don't call that a clash.
It's rubbish that players think they're are entitled to look for a penalty under the slightest provocation.

It makes a mockery of the sport and thats exactly what players like Suarez and his ilk are doing. I dislike seeing United players doing it. I dislike seeing Irish national team players doing it. I'm not singling out Suarez here.

WJD

That's fine and I appreciate your point, I'm not greatly fond of it myself. What irks me is when people jump to ridiculous conclusions based on this dislike, as evidenced by the page of posts saying Suarez dived today, when he didn't. For reference, this is a dive:

iBjNpsage2vpf.gif

Yeah, there's definitely a distinction between the two but to be fair the people branding him a diver they're most likely just using it as a blanket statement for any act of either genuine diving (ala Bale) or exaggeration (ala Suarez).

FootballFan

Why is it that the Suarez defense force always has to compare his actions to other players doing them same thing? I can compare myself to shitty players in order to look good. A man is responsible for his OWN actions.

I think its mainly cause the reactions from fans differ so much. If I remember correctly, when Rafael dived, like really badly. Most posts were: "SMH Rafael" "lol rafael" Compare that to when Suarez does anything close to a dive. I think that's what is mainly being argued by the L'pool guys, Suarez hate clouding peoples judgement on everything he does.
I personally cant really tell if it was a dive against Arsenal, even if there was contact, it was very minimal. So more like overreacting/play acting(busquets/pepe like)
which is horrible to watch

It makes a mockery of the sport and thats exactly what players like Suarez and his ilk are doing. I dislike seeing United players doing it. I dislike seeing Irish national team players doing it. I'm not singling out Suarez here.

I remember when we got dumped out of the FA cup by Reading back in 2010 due to a really really soft penalty. I came on GAF and almost everyone on here was not criticizing the player for going down so easily. Almost every post was LOLPool and such. I'm not saying you were one of these people, I'm just pointing out that a lot of people on here tend to be hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom