• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

What's Conte waiting for? We need someone who can hold and protect the ball up front. Vucinic out, Delpo in. Is that simple.

Arnie

Why is it that the Suarez defense force always has to compare his actions to other players doing them same thing? I can compare myself to shitty players in order to look good. A man is responsible for his OWN actions.
Like what? That Bale gif illustrated what a dive was, in comparison to the Suarez one. That's not avoiding the problem of Suarez making a meal of challenges, it's a completely separate matter. It's not justifying any ill behaviour on Suarez's part. Think you're just bent out of shape at any post arguing for Suarez.
Are you drunk again Arnie?
Nope. Sober as a judge. Eating cod in butter sauce with mash and peas.
Heskey

Arnie that is minimal contact. Their shins brushed against each other and nothing more.

It's your right as a Liverpool fan to defend him but don't call that a clash.
It's rubbish that players think they're are entitled to look for a penalty under the slightest provocation.

It makes a mockery of the sport and thats exactly what players like Suarez and his ilk are doing.
There's tons of shit today that I wouldn't defend him for: rolling around on the floor, lifting his hand up as if to signal the medical staff, rolling down his sock to reveal his shin pad. In this particular instance, as I said immediately at the time, I think the reactions of many members here were over the top and frankly ridiculous.

Debating what a clash is is pointless. I think that's a clash, you don't. What's unarguable, by you or anyone in this thread is that there was contact there. Szczesny came and missed and subsequently caught Suarez. He's at fault, not Suarez. Yet you come into this thread and it's just reams of people saying Suarez dived, which he objectively did not.

It's pathetic, and petty.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brilliant defending
ZafI5.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte took too long to do everything.

Del Piero on for a minute and already looks way better than Vucinic.

Kweh

Most of Arsenal GAF will probably disagree but Diaby needs a chance. Just one full season behind him and I'm sure he will show what a great player he is.

I am a fan of his, the way he gets past players with very little effort is brilliant to watch, however I don't see him ever getting a good run of games together, he is so injury prone.

Arnie

Someone needs to gif that Chevo player grabbing the keeper's shorts. Funny as.

Matri looks like Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights.

Moobabe

I am a fan of his, the way he gets past players with very little effort is brilliant to watch, however I don't see him ever getting a good run of games together, he is so injury prone.

Yeah; he's had games where he's looked as good as Viera, other where he's looked like Djemba-Djemba. I wouldn't offer the lad a new contract though; he's far too injury prone and probably just needs a change of scenery.

Need something to focus my mind on. But I'm in one of those moods where I don't really want to do anything. Hate these weekends.

I've been like that all day. Probably could have done some uni work but just didn't feel in the mood.

Least the derby tomorrow will keep me occupied.

Clegg

Like what? That Bale gif illustrated what a dive was, in comparison to the Suarez one. That's not avoiding the problem of Suarez making a meal of challenges, it's a completely separate matter. It's not justifying any ill behaviour on Suarez's part. Think you're just bent out of shape at any post arguing for Suarez.

Nope. Sober as a judge. Eating cod in butter sauce with mash and peas.

There's tons of shit today that I wouldn't defend him for: rolling around on the floor, lifting his hand up as if to signal the medical staff, rolling down his sock to reveal his shin pad. In this particular instance, as I said immediately at the time, I think the reactions of many members here were over the top and frankly ridiculous.

Debating what a clash is is pointless. I think that's a clash, you don't. What's unarguable, by you or anyone in this thread is that there was contact there. Szczesny came and missed and subsequently caught Suarez. He's at fault, not Suarez. Yet you come into this thread and it's just reams of people saying Suarez dived, which he objectively did not.

It's pathetic, and petty.

TBH I thought it was a dive when I saw it without the close up. You're right about our different interpretations on challenges. I hate it when Ashley Young does his "drawing a foul" routine. It's just taking the piss out of decent footballers trying to play the game in the right way.

The reaction on GAF to Suarez may be over the top but you have to admit that he isn't helping himself. I'm guilty to a bit of one eyedness myself at times. Nani still dives and even though he's cut that out significantly I still sometimes try to justify his actions.

I'd hate it if Suarez played for United. I wouldn't know what to to :/

I'm getting more into Serie A but still don't know what team to support. I'm leaning more towards Napoli at the moment. I used to be a backseat Juventus supporter with my wife friend's husband until he cheated on her and fucked her over with her bank account.

I'm getting more into Serie A but still don't know what team to support. I'm leaning more towards Napoli at the moment. I used to be a backseat Juventus supporter with my wife friend's husband until he cheated on her and fucked her over with her bank account.

most juve fans are like that.

napoli would be a good choice, but milan would be the best choice if you're looking for a team that will compete for the highest honors for the foreseeable future and plays sexy football.

Clegg

Sounds like something a Juve fan would do.

I'm so sorry Yurt. I had to make that joke

Smeghead

Fucking bullshit.

Fuck Vucinic and Bonucci.

Scratching my head at the absolute wank subs as well, taking off Marchisio was a mistake.

Matri had zero service all game from the 2 greedy cunts either side of him (Vucinic especially).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
will cunte complain about the refs again?

they should have lost though, their goal was offside.

We can, two soft penalties denied. :p But I hope we don't. Because we all know he made a mistake with the 4-4-2 and the subs and that's mainly what killed us.

man, i really hope urby isn't hurt. if he is, we are almost out of midfielders again . . . we would only have van bommel and nocerino against arsenal (we play with four midfielders LOL.) we could get away with el-shaarawy or robinho at CAM but i am not looking forward to seeing antonini play midfield . . .

actually, antonini may have pulled his thigh muscle today. thiago silva in midfield again? this is unreal. i hope aquilani gets fit fast.

Lightning

Banned
Sun's headline getting more ridiculous by the day:
sSfJU.png

DvFUO.gif
Hahahahahaha

Arsenal were really lucky today. Even Van Persie commented how lucky we were and that Liverpool played better than us. But as RVP says, I don't mind as we got the 3 points and that's what counts!!!

TeegsD

This match is so shitty. We are gonna finish the season below fucking Maritimo.

A penatly? Please let Matias take it

Kyoufu

It's absolutely amazing how he puts so much power into his shots. I mean, he doesn't even have a sprint to the ball or pull his leg all the way back, in just a tiny little time and space BAM, 108 Km/h.
And the sound of the ball hitting the net lol

Amazing.

It's almost as if he's actually Hulk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom