• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not nervous in the slightest about tomorrow.

Which usually does not bode well
KuGsj.gif
Hope you win to be honest. I like to see my fellow Irish man O'Neill do well.

They were both very good, but I was extremely surprised by how well Chelsea pressed during much of the game. Dat Islam Feruz, he was something else . Piazon was excellent too. Just for comparison's sake - Chelsea's youth lost to United's youth 4-1 at Old Trafford.
It's a shame none of these kids will ever grace the first team. Shame.

Edit:
It was a good game. Chelsea were worthy winners, just about, I'd say. Chelsea dominated the first half hour. United came back into it a little towards the end of the first half but did really well for the first 20 or so minutes of the second period in which we scored of a lucky break. Feruz's goal was very well taken and after that it was pretty even either way.

Chelsea looked a better side on the whole with a touch more quality. It's hard to judge at this level but comparing against United's youth team of last year, this one is certainly well short of that one.

Feruz looked dangerous but Piazon was certainly the best player on the pitch for me in terms of obvious quality he has. Of all the players out there he was the only one who I could see stepping up to first team level within the next year or so.
Cheers for the report. Yeah Piazon is one of the very few I see with a chance at Chelsea, how we work with our youth is about as bad as you can get. Hopefully the 2nd leg is televised so I can get on that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not shocked we draw Milan, I knew we were going to get a difficult draw. Madrid got the easiest draw, now Xabi Alonso being unable to play in the first leg of the qf means jackshit. then they talk crap about UEFA being pro-Barca.

3YOrv.gif

Fady K

Nortei Nortey is the best Chelsea youth player.

Definitely the best named :p

Hope you win to be honest. I like to see my fellow Irish man O'Neill do well.

It's a shame none of these kids will ever grace the first team. Shame.

Every time we get a new manager I feel there may be hope. Piazon and Chalobah should feature more regularly in the next couple of years, no doubt. They already featured as subs - and that was in AVB's time, so there's a bit of hope. I want Feruz to make his debut though, badly.

sneaky77

San Mames sold out for the match vs Valencia, we need a win to get within 4 pts of 3rd place but it will be tough, the only good thing is Valencia also played on Thursday but they are a good team and always gives us shit

Just got around to watching Manchester City vs Sporting. I nearly shit my pants when the header from Hart in the final second was flying towards the goal. Too bad for City they played a great game.

dc89

Just got around to watching Manchester City vs Sporting. I nearly shit my pants when the header from Hart in the final second was flying towards the goal. Too bad for City they played a great game.

It was a incredible moment. When Hart ran up I posted 'Hart to get the winner' and then he came so close!

Yen

Shawcross gives his Suarez verdict:

"He’s a top player, and a lot of top players throughout all the leagues go down quite easily," added Shawcross.

"But I don’t think he does it particularly. He’s shown this season what a top player he is, and no-one really mentions the amount of times he gets kicked and stays on his feet.

"What he has, though, is an ability to beat people one-on-one and get into the spaces that defenders don’t really want to go into.

"He’s proven this season what a top player he is. He’d probably like a couple more goals, but he creates them for other players - like he did for Steven Gerrard in midweek.

"He’s one of the top players in the Premier League."

Salazar

I'm no UTD lover, but I always really liked him as a player.

Yeah. I'm tentatively prepared to suggest that of the ex-United players who have gone into management, he might be the one with the best chance of not being a muppet. (Stiff competition, I know.) Yet to face big league pressure, really, but he comes over as a supremely well-rounded bloke.

Yeah. I'm tentatively prepared to suggest that of the ex-United players who have gone into management, he might be the one with the best chance of not being a muppet. (Stiff competition, I know.) Yet to face big league pressure, really, but he comes over as a supremely well-rounded bloke.
Just watching the video. He does seem like a top bloke indeed. His accent is great :lol

Wilbur

Banned
And it's not me this time, brilliant. I was supposed to go out but I got out of the shower, lay down to read and fell asleep.

Oh well, St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, I'll embrace half my blood

Messi

And it's not me this time, brilliant. I was supposed to go out but I got out of the shower, lay down to read and fell asleep.

Oh well, St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, I'll embrace half my blood

fiulls bloowds represnwt! patttys day! wooot woooorrt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom