• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Cheers. What kind of tests would you have to do to find heart defects like Marc Vivien Foe's before their life is threatened by them?

Someone linked above a wikipedia article on the defect. It's undetected because one of the walls in the heart thickens over time. Very difficult, constant scanning I guess.

Eye witness's say that Muamba was still receiving treatment to revive him as he left in the ambulance.

Salvadora

Middlesbrough defender Justin Hoyte, who came through the Arsenal youth team with Muamba: "I seriously hope my best friend in football is OK. Stay strong bro please please stay strong. God is with you remember that."

Brought a tear to my eye :(

elseanio

I'm scared that he died on the pitch but they didn't want to announce it at the time

Please be ok :(

Yeah, fear the worse too :( 10 minutes on the pitch isn't a good sign, but the medical staff at Spurs/Bolton have probably done everything right, and it will be thanks to them if he recovers.

dc89

How on earth are the players who played this game meant to return to WHL and play the game at a later date. That's going to take some real doing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm scared that he died on the pitch but they didn't want to announce it at the time

Please be ok :(

I'm dreading this as well. The look on the faces of the players was horrible.

dc89 said:
How on earth are the players who played this game meant to return to WHL and play the game at a later date. That's going to take some real doing.

We've got a PL game at the Lane on Wednesday. I very much doubt that will go ahead, and if the news on Muamba is bad I doubt tomorrow's games will go ahead either.

JesusTom

That's what I was thinking. It'll take a strong character to be the replacement for him in that line-up.

Really hope he pulls through, horrible thing to happen :(

nothing like playing like complete shit and getting the three points anyway. this must be how inter feels every time they win.

horrible about muamba, hope he's alright.

Let's just hope and pray Muamba recovers.

I think the incident was handled so so well by everybody involved. The medical staff were so quick to the scene, some players seemed to be helping and embracing each other. Howard Webb did a great job of going around and speaking to the necessary people and the fans inside the stadium were amazing, the way they were chanting Muamba's name was really moving.

ESPN's coverage was also very suitable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't really don't know what to do with my evening now. I don't know why but this kind of thing hits so much closer to home than reading about most awful news.
I'm the same way. Reading news it just that, reading. In this instance we saw it transpire live and feel more distressed due to powerlessness of being able to do anything. There's probably also a factor that this is entertainment and it's the last place you expect to see a human possibly die whereas for news you're mentally prepared to read about it.

Bo-Locks

Only just heard about this. Really awful news.

I don't really have much hope. 10 minutes without oxygen is very ominous. There is something truly awful and morbid about a young fit man collapsing in front of a stadium full of people in a televised game. It really hits you much harder than you might otherwise think.

Hope he pulls through.

Surely they must notify the close ones first whatever the outcome is.
Yeah, and as much as I want to know what's happening, sure we all agree it should now be a personal issue.

When there is a major development, no doubt we will be told. For now, in my mind, no news is good news, there's still hope.

Zutroy

I don't mean to be coming across as grim, but I think if he was resuscitated the news would have made it through to us by now. Seems like they're just trying to find out the best way to break the news just now. =(

Imagine how his family feel right now. Muamba was an interesting guy. I remember reading a few years ago that he was studying medicine to have a career after football, on advice of his parents who always wanted him to be a doctor.

Imagine how his family feel right now. Muamba was an interesting guy. I remember reading a few years ago that he was studying medicine to have a career after football, on advice of his parents who always wanted him to be a doctor.
Worst bit for them is that if they are based in the North West, they are now such a long way away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom