• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just seen that particular moment when Muamba is lying on the ground: I've never been so scared from something related to football. Hope he pulls through.

For those who did not experience the incident when it happened, there were no players near Muamba when he collapsed. Within 10 or 20 seconds it became apparent that something very serious had happened, and we soon found out that he had stopped breathing. He was treated on the field for almost 10 minutes, with a defibrillator used in an attempt to resuscitate him, before being taken off on a stretcher. Howard Webb took the players off the field, and the game was officially abandoned a few moments later.

The last we heard was that Muamba was on his way to hospital, that he was not breathing and that he was still receiving CPR. That was 40 minutes ago.

:(

Rafael Van der Vaart (who was playing) has just tweeted.

Terrible what happened with Muamba during the game. We're all praying for him.

For those who haven't seen the incident, you can view it @ 101greatgoals.com

Stimpy

Dan O'Hagan ‏ @danohagan
Ståle Solbakken suffered a heart attack, and was clinically dead for around 10 minutes, and made a full recovery. There's always hope.

Hopefully Muamba will make it too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham-and-Bolton-play-007.jpg

I've never seen anything like this. Please be OK, Fabrice.

WJD

Rafael Van der Vaart (who was playing) has just tweeted.

For those who haven't seen the incident, you can view it @ 101greatgoals.com

Images of him sat praying floating around twitter too.

Sometimes player reactions have more of an affect on me than the actual incident does. Scary stuff.

430596_367088313331604_217411898299247_1114737_1429761073_n.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Yeah this no news is reminding me about the hour after Simoncelli's accident in MotoGP a few months ago :(
Hope the news are better this time, suckshaving to watch this kind of stuff :(

Edit: Hope that's true!

Labadal

Haven't watched any football today, so I watched the score in all games. I saw the Spurs - Bolton game was suspended and thought some idiot in the crowd had done something. Then I read what happened to Muamba. Fuck, guy is younger than me. Please be well. I was going to watch footage of the event, but I can't do it.

IceCold

Fuck, I hope he's ok. Nobody deserves to die at such a young age. Plus I just heard that Abidal will need a liver transplant...

There is hope for him, the fact that they got the defibrilator out means he must have some kind of beating coming from his heart, as they can't restart a flatline. He looked like he had a seizure and couldn't start breathing, which is a problem a hospital can do a lot to try to fix.

elsk

Banned
Irrelevant right now mate.

Just seen this posted - BREAKING: Ambulance crew confirms that they got Muamba breathing again.

Obv no source though.

Sorry. I'm reading the updates of the lad on twitter. Still I don't see the point in keep posting more about him as long as we don't get new information. Didn't want to be disrespectful.

Bo-Locks

There is a lot of conflicting information floating around, originating from people who know nothing. It is unlikely we will hear anything until the morning, given that his family have to be informed of any developments first. Think what they are going through right now, given that they are probably based 200 miles further north.

Please don't post/propagate important developments without a source.

He seems like a really nice person, too. Such a shame.

sneaky77

Holy crap the goal Messi just scored.

and yes I am aware what is going on, but we are not going to have any further developments for a bit. The problem with heart issues is that sometimes they cannot be detected. Is happened in soccer before, it's happened in other sports and is a tragedy.

Scary stuff. It emphasizes how silly our bickering is about players and teams when something as terrifying as what's going on right now happens.

Forces an necessary perspective adjustment.

Manager

BBC Radio just put out an update and they didn't mention anything about him breathing again. It was said to be the original source for that news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom