• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Critically ill is the best we could hope for at this point, really.

It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Yep. Nobody could go through what he did and not be in a critical condition.

The Spurs fans at the Lane today were top class, showed fantastic compassion and respect to Muamba. One of the most horrible things I've seen in football but also one of the most touching.

Madridy

Awesome news about Muamba!

Great game by Juve, Although la viola were really awful and the sending off didn't help either. :p

Pirlo as always was instrumental in this win, but seeing Vuci playing good was new to me lol, must have been in a good mood today!

Also this was the first full Juve match I've seen for a while now, maybe since that match were Juve scored awesome goals where one of them had an amazing pass by the youngster Marrone(?).

Edit: wait what? the Sky news "stable" was wrong?!

From knowing nothing, to stable, to critical... horrible, just horrible. In the bathroom at a house party right now, but all I can think about is what happened this afternoon. Don't give a fuck about the FA Cup and what will happen with the result. I just pray he pulls through. Ex Arsenal, ex Birmingham, who gives a fuck...

Korez

ibfMIHrFCVySqI.jpg

3AQmK.gif

Zabojnik

Going down against Juve is such a crime ?

If you're Fiorentina? Pretty much, yeah, since we are the team they hate the most. Also, Fiorentina (hardcore) fans are the worst of the worst. They have never missed a chance to cheer the Haysel tragedy. Scum of the earth.

Someone gif that amazing Buffon save. Best GK of the known universe is back.

P.S.: Thanks, yurt!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo on Fabrice Muamba. "He's our colleague, we pray he gets well soon."

I'll keep my eyes on twitter for any news. It's way faster than checking on websites or TV lately.

Rikkun

If you're Fiorentina? Pretty much, yeah, since we are the team they hate the most. Also, Fiorentina (hardcore) fans are the worst of the worst. They have never missed a chance to cheer the Haysel tragedy. Scum of the earth.

Someone gif that amazing Buffon save. Best GK of the known universe is back.

P.S.: Thanks, yurt!

I've read some of their supporters had english scarves and flags.
Suckers, it must be hard to get slapped to hard in the only match you await in the whole year.

Bo-Locks

To be fair, I think the 'stable' comment was a piece of bullshit that Sky ran with. The BBC didn't bother with it which is very telling, and it obviously wasn't an official statement from the hospital. The official statement came later on that said he was 'critically ill' and in 'intensive care'. You can't stop breathing for 5-10 minutes and then not be critically ill just a few hours later. Muamba just being alive is about the best news that could be hoped for.

was at the spurs game today. just shocking to see everything that happened. thank fuck he is alive as i really thought the worst had happened.

man.

was at the spurs game today. just shocking to see everything that happened. thank fuck he is alive as i really thought the worst had happened.

man.

Must have been awful mate

How did they announce it all there must have been a lot of confusion

Hopefully itv won't show any of the game on their highlight show

it was really silent apart from the muamba chants. after he left we were all just standing there all trying to find out more news. they just announced it on the tannoy after what seemed like ages and everyone appluaded that decision.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Praying for Muamba. I watch games late so I literally just saw the horror. Shit has me in tears right now.

FootballFan

There's been at least 2 professional Spanish footballers that had this happened to them in the last few years.

Yep, Jarque and Puerta :( though Jarque was more recent(2009 I think) Puerta was a couple years before that.
De La Red(real madrid) also had a close call but he survived.

On a lighter note, did Kroos and Ribery really do Rock Paper Scissors to see who will take the freekick? lol
GjLKV.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I was at Notts County today to watch us win 2-0. Excellent game, excellent performance and we have narrowed the gap between us and the Pigs in second place to goal difference.

However, all things put into perspective by Muamba's situation. Really hope he pulls through.

Got to laugh at the thread linked earlier about apparently what football fans are or aren't. A load of horse shit by a load of people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, be it about the sport or the people who support it. As a football fan, I'm proud of the way the football community comes together at times like this.

Salazar

A load of horse shit by a load of people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, be it about the sport or the people who support it.

And when a football match gets played between teams whose fans come from opposing sides of, say, a not-too-distant civil war or a vicious religious hatred, it's clearly football that is the catastrophic social disease that needs eliminating.

Bumhead

Banned
I like the casual generalisations best.

FLARES? CHANTING? MUST BE HOOLIGANS! LOL. SOCCER FANS ARE TERRIBLE.

Worst thread on Gaf by an absolute stretch. Some of the things being typed in there are amongst the stupidest things ever typed by any member of the human race, ever. And that's objectively speaking.

Labadal

Yep, Jarque and Puerta :( though Jarque was more recent(2009 I think) Puerta was a couple years before that.
De La Red(real madrid) also had a close call but he survived.

On a lighter note, did Kroos and Ribery really do Rock Paper Scissors to see who will take the freekick? lol
GjLKV.gif

I've been thinking this for years. When two players can't agree on who should take a set piece. Rock, Paper, Scissors is the real way to go.

sohois

Djourou just tweeted he's been to see Muamba, surprised they allow people into ICU, hope they aren't letting his closest friends in to say goodbye

I don't think they would allow that if Muamba were at death's door, certainly not if its a heart illness; doctors would still be doing everything they could to save him.

Djourou being able to see him does suggest that Muamba has come through the worst for now.

sneaky77

To be fair, I think the 'stable' comment was a piece of bullshit that Sky ran with. The BBC didn't bother with it which is very telling, and it obviously wasn't an official statement from the hospital. The official statement came later on that said he was 'critically ill' and in 'intensive care'. You can't stop breathing for 5-10 minutes and then not be critically ill just a few hours later. Muamba just being alive is about the best news that could be hoped for.

You can be stable but in critical condition. Stable just means that his vitals have stabilized. It does not mean everything is good or out of trouble but that his heart is beating normally and he is breathing ok.

Salazar

Naseem Hamed getting slaughtered for being fat.

I tend to think professional athletes earn the right to eat like Henry VIII when they are done with the sport.

elsk

Banned
GjLKV.gif

Yes, was kind of funny during the match. Ribéry won it btw... and wasted it. Kroos is the true and only master of free kicks. He's the best in the world right now, I believe. So precise.

Meadows

Banned
Yeah, stable is when he is out of absolute imminent danger of death. He may (I pray not) slowly deteriorate to the point that he passes away, but his heart is beating again and he isn't literally on death's door.

Absolute amazing job so far by the medics and ground staff, you know if they're using a defibrillator, his chances were minimal. The defibrillator/CPR is the hail mary of medicine.

God bless Muamba and I hope he comes through okay. He's in my thoughts and prayers.

dc89

Marc Vivien Foe. He was not one of us, but he walked amongst us.

I still see City fans buy a shirt with his name of the back of It. And his memorial garden at The Etihad is incredibly moving.

LegoArmo

You can be stable but in critical condition. Stable just means that his vitals have stabilized. It does not mean everything is good or out of trouble but that his heart is beating normally and he is breathing ok.

I guess to a regular person, "stable" sounds a lot better than "critically ill" though. I mean, if you don't know exactly what it means in medical terms. Stable to me reads like he's going to be okay, critically ill makes me think he could die any minute. That's why the statement made me more upset.

Hoping for the best anyway, and I think visitors (that aren't family) is a good sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom