• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

also, barca has to keep on winning every match, not saying that is impossible but i won't be surprised if they draw a match or two

Homeland is so awesome. It gets a bit slow in the middle of the series but comes back real strong. The acting is so so good and the relationship characters have with each other is fantastic. Really enjoyed season 1, can't wait for the next.

Don't read the spoiler if you're still watching.

I still feel like they bottled the ending though.

Fry

Homeland is so awesome. It gets a bit slow in the middle of the series but comes back real strong. The acting is so so good and the way the relationship characters have with each other is fantastic. Really enjoyed season 1, can't wait for the next.

Don't read the spoiler if you're still watching.

I still feel like they bottled the ending though.

I think the finale was awesome, they made the right decision in my opinion. Unless the show was ending in that episode, killing him would have been a mistake.

elsk

Banned
Hey look it's another tournament where the stakes are set so that the US and Mexico meet in the final.

*remembers Beijing*
*remembers Sydney*

Oh. :(

Well, it is kind of made so USA and México can qualify without a problem. Still, I got some kind of hope that we can kick USA out :p

I believe we won the Beijing pre-olympic tournament

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Eight points is still too much of a lead.

Either way: Verano your team disappointed me.

which one? Also, that birria game was fuckin boring over the weekend like almost every MLS game this weekend...ugh..at least Robbie Keane had me happy for his goals.

Are the CONCACAF-gaf guys as excited as I am for the pre-Olympic tournament? :D
As long as we beat Honduras, Panama, t-bag, the nads and qualify in the end under that fuckin idiot coach Tena, I'd be excited.

FootballFan

You still got to play against Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, Valencia. And Barcelona obviously.

Please take out Atletico Madrid, I will change my avatar to C.Ronaldo for 2 weeks if they even get a draw.
A.Madrid have won 4 points out of madrid(4 draws) in 12 years or something along those lines.
Frustrates me how much they suck vs Real then play their hearts out against us.
Since 2002:
Vs Barca their record is 7 wins, 4 draws, 9 losses.
Vs Madrid their record: 0 wins, 4 draws, 16 losses

EDIT:
3/21 @ Villareal
3/24 Real Sociedad
3/27 @ Apoel
4/1 @ Osasuna
4/4 Apoel
4/8 Valencia
4/11 @ Atlético

They do have some tough games coming up though, especially the bolded ones.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Aren't you a Pumas fan?

So basically the same shit we didn't do for Beijing.

cruz azul cabron.

well this group ni puede anotar for shit. They relied on PK's against senegals u-23's without scoring a legit goal to win the game.

Salazar

Add Kevin Garside to the list of thick-as-shit numpty journos on twitter

pleased for Fernando Torres; wonder if Fergie will take a cheeky punt in the summer? Would soon get his confidence back on end of AV crosses

This is probably where the "United swoop for Lampard" shite came from.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ah, sorry. Wait Juve deserved at least a couple penalties in the last 5 or 6 games. :p

We deserved way more than 6, but who's counting -_-

You said second penalty not given to real madrid. Not second obvious dive penalty/offside goal given to real madrid.

I'm pretty sure you're kidding this time :p

Wait who? A regular? Was it Yurt? Tell me Yurt is ok :/

I'm okay for now :D <3

Add Kevin Garside to the list of thick-as-shit numpty journos on twitter

This is probably where the "United swoop for Lampard" shite came from.

United aren't even letting the joint top-scorer from last season get a game to run out against bottom of the table opposition, and people think they are even going to LOOK in the general direction of an out-of-form striker like Torres?

At least the "United swoop for Lampard" bullshit has the right position being in demand at United!

alterno69

Banned
Mexico u-23 is a joke starting with the joke of a manager, they couldn't chose a worse manager for this team. It's also full of average players and some other in pretty poor form. They should still qualify mind you but i don't expect them to do it convincingly if they make it.

Salazar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...2/Chris-Samba-embroiled-Russian-race-row.html

I am shocked, shocked, that Chris Samba is being racially abused in Russia.

Embarrassing. said:
In June, Krylya Sovetov suffered the same punishment when a fan threw a banana at Carlos in Samara.
The perpetrator behind the Samara incident was identified last week, but police said they would take no action after he insisted he threw the fruit out of frustration without any racist motive, and that it landed by Carlos by chance.
However, to their credit, Krylya said they may still ban the supporter, Vyacheslav Prokhorov, and were considering trying to recover the fine from him.
Russia is under pressure to stamp out such high-profile incidents ahead of hosting the World Cup in 2018.

elsk

Banned
Hertha 0 - 6 Bayern gifs, made by the amazing Fry.

iR3LRPREbrwaz.gif

1# Müller
iucOqizhMb8Au.gif

2# Robben
io8G2TuVuhaGD.gif

5# Kroos
ibeYlRZJ7MN8JE.gif

ibnuc0fEpyycSR.gif

panty

I think this'll affect Real's form momentarily. My bet for the next three la liga matches are 1 victory, 1 defeat and 1 draw. They will lose points but overall it's ours.

elsk

Banned
I think this'll affect Real's form momentarily. My bet for the next three la liga matches are 1 victory, 1 defeat and 1 draw. They will lose points but overall it's ours.

I doubt it, maybe one more draw. But they'll be tested after the Barcelona match, if they lose that match it would affect their mental form... and they have to play the CL match a few days later against, possibly, Bayern. It could all go amazing from there, or it could all go wrong.

FootballFan

I hope you are right but I dont think that will happen. I just don't see it happening.
If what you say happens, Madrid would be 3 points ahead right?(assuming Barca wins all their matches) That would make the Clasico in the Camp Nou insane lol.

Blablurn

Disproportionate number of Milan/Juve supporters and Bayern fans reeling from the 2010 final and last year.

to be honest, i never looked back at that game. that was a strange final. normally im always angry and dissappointed after a defeat but i didnt feel anything at all back then. i mean, i dont like inter. but i dont like milan or juve either haha.

dc89

Just read that Muamba was apparently treated by a off duty cardiologist who witnesses claim to see him run from his seat to the pitch side to explain to the stewards he was a doctor. He then was allowed on the pitch to help the medical team.

If true, that's incredible.

Manager

Just read that Muamba was apparently treated by a off duty cardiologist who witnesses claim to see him run from his seat to the pitch side to explain to the stewards he was a doctor. He then was allowed on the pitch to help the medical team.

If true, that's incredible.

It's true, they say he saved his life (apparently). I forgot the English word for it but he's a "heart doctor".

edit
cardiologist

edit2
I now see you wrote that...

Fady K

Crazy week. InshAllah Muamba will heal up soon, and Abidal will have a successful transplant. Truly scary to be so young in the middle of a game and suffer from a cardiac arrest...

On the bright side, this has been the best football week in ages for me. Barca beating Sevilla away after that 0-0 draw at Camp Nou was brilliant, Madrid drawing for a change was great (though 8 points is impossible to lose, Barca will drop a few points for sure anyway - though their form has improved quite a bit).

Chelsea under Di Matteo have been FAR more interesting on the attack and in defense, and they have played FAR more entertaining games than during AVB's era. I understand there are many claims that the players were not working hard for AVB; but then you look at someone who definitely seemed to be supporting him like Luiz, and there was a HUGE difference between his performance against Napoli under AVB and under Di Matteo.

Torres scoring a brace, and 2 assists, and a few great attempts, couldn't be happier. Many Chelsea fans here had to deal with scrappy wins, and we could not believe the feeling of 3 points when it finally came; hence Di Matteo winning 4 games very convincingly is a breath of fresh, fresh air. Can't see this amazing run being extended too much with away games to City, Liverpool, and Arsenal, as well as a home game to Tottenham. Plus, Benfica will be extremely tough. But at least, unlike in the recent AVB days, I actually look forward to the games.

Also, Downing scored! Juventus did not draw! Newcastle held on! Madrid drew at home! Coolest football week for me this year.

Torres is well up for it today.

I have been very happy with him this season by the way. He did not start many games and when he did start he barely got ANY support. But for the most part he has been fighting hard, and has more assists to his name than any other Chelsea player outside of Mata. 2 goals and 2 assists in one game is a nice boost for him, no doubt.

I wonder does Sturridge know he's aloud to pass the ball.

Holy shit. Torres Scores. Moments later Sturridge passes. Madness.

What an unusual weekend it has been.

So unusual that Newcastle might even win a game!

LOL :D
What a strike by Cisse.

Torres on fire! About time El Nino!

It's been a good week Yurt! You also gave Amauri a good tour of the team last time :D

I feel quite happy that Torres passed to Meireles there rather than just shooting himself if he felt he was in a better position. A hat-trick from him would be incredible but he showed he's a team player there, passed to his mate so he could bag a goal.

Unselfish and hard working, I love this guy. If only Sturridge could learn from him in that regard. Though Sturridge did improve a bit towards the end of the second half. Guess he felt guilty :p

ic8P7LhwBmRbu.gif

AVB = fady :)

<3 I literally was close to that expression haha!

Mancini is waving fists nowdays
a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_platt.gif

Not sure what Platt is doing though.

LOL at Platt!

If Muamba just survives to live another year it'll be a great outcome, never mind playing again. The statement from the hospital and Bolton suggests he's still in a real real bad way.

That really sucks, he's so young too...I wonder what caused this.

First time poster, long time lurker :)

Went to the Chelsea game today and was also shocked to see Torres score but I hope he is back and it isn't just another one off. It was a really great game and that second Leicester strike was amazing!

If it wasn't obvious I support Chelsea and Farnborough FC (Blue Sq South!) and am actually more interested in Non-League football this year.....

^Starts well, drags in the middle and ends on a high! The finale was brilliant!

Welcome! Chelsea? You need to be baptized by Fady K first.

iUnZVeZKFEiEl.gif

Man your manager's expressions are too good!

i just finished American Nightmare, cool little game if you liked Alan Wake this is a good bite size game

I would love to play it sometime. I wish they continued the plot though rather than go with a complete spinoff :/

Acidote

Very important point snatched by Málaga this weekend for the Europa League objective. Champions League will be harder to achieve but if we can end 6th or better, that's fantastic.

faridmon

Glad to be back. Muambas situation was really shocking and I hope he recovers. Forget about his football career, I just hope he goes back to his fatherhood life.

Really dissapointment about the Sunderlands game. We played some of the best football I have seen this season and managed to get snubbed in a few referee decisions. I fear for our chance at Sunderland.

Also, if any of you cares, today is my birthday!

Nope nothing yet.

We need more Everton troops to balance out the filth in this thread. Join
The dark
side.

Yen

Glad to be back. Muambas situation was really shocking and I hope he recovers. Forget about his football career, I just hope he goes back to his fatherhood life.

Really dissapointment about the Sunderlands game. We played some of the best football I have seen this season and managed to get snubbed in a few referee decisions. I fear for our chance at Sunderland.

Also, if any of you cares, today is my birthday!
Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom