• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I open this thread for the first time in a week and what do I find?

Pictures of men in zebra suits.

Keep up the great work, guys.

Bolton want to forfeit the FA Cup tie rather face a replay at WHL. Thought you weren't allowed to forfeit FA Cup games if you can field a team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happy birthday Farid! Welcome back :p
http://i.minus.com/i9s9txuH8uEwG.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mxSMJ.gif
mxSMJ.gif
mxSMJ.gif

Faridmon is back? Welcome back you feminist hater!

Also lol, rumor about United wanting our left back Bryan Oviedo. Sounds like too big a move, must be from some agent although the Costa Rica coach confirmed it too. The guy is married to miss Costa Rica, so maybe they just want some more eye candy over there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
15 - Napoli have scored 15 goals in the last 15 minutes of play this season, more than any other Serie A side. Thrilling

9FupA.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
According to the Guardian, Leon Britton made 100 passes against Fulham with a 96% success rate. Incredible.

FootballFan

15 - Napoli have scored 15 goals in the last 15 minutes of play this season, more than any other Serie A side. Thrilling

[/IMG]

Most of them probably being Cavani goals lol. Saw the highlights from the Udinese match, Cavanis penalty was crap. Good that he scored 2 goals though, surprised he scored a free-kick.

According to the Guardian, Leon Britton made 100 passes against Fulham with a 96% success rate. Incredible.
Wow, that is damn good. Almost Xavi like. Almost :p

edit

Yeah I mentioned it earlier, didn't know there was video footage though.

Barca and Netherlands supporters, Afellay finally got in a training session! Should be back to playing within 2-3 weeks. Abidal also trained. :)
y29tr.jpg

Wonder if he will make the squad for the Euros.

Wilbur

Banned
Also this weekend, Pirlo completed 97% of his 143 passes, Scholes 98% of his 98. Xavi, the only man competing against 11 opponents and withdrawn before full-time, was down at 90% of 88.

Better than Xavi, HA!

9FupA.jpg

Couldn't do it the other night in West London though
jb13ZAWQrUhc4Y.gif

It was a shame that we had to play them and knock them out as they are by far one of the most entertaining things to happen to the Champions League in years. Cavani is just
zLP00.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Also:

Scholes's lack of individual recognition hints at a lesser influence on the grandest stage, and it is not a huge surprise that he cannot boast of such awards. It is a shock, however, to discover that he has not received a single vote in the Ballon d'Or in his entire career. On five occasions he made the 50-man shortlist – 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2007 – yet not a single journalist decided to vote for him. Granted, he may not deserve to have been in the top five in any particular year, but when you learn that players of the calibre of Jan Koller, Papa Bouba Diop and Freddie Kanouté have received votes, you do start to wonder.

from http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/19/paul-scholes-xavi-andrea-pirlo-playmaker

faridmon

Damn! I really hope he gets back beinga father again. My hert stopped for 10 min after an operation on my leg, can't imagine how scary it must be for a heart to stop in two hours.

FootballFan

Hard to score on Handanovic anyway! (50% - Samir Handanovic has saved 7 out of 14 penalties faced over his last two Serie A seasons)

Woah that is a great statistic. Considering penalties have a lot to do with luck and guessing, he must be a master guesser or be a lucky guy.

And wow at Muambas heart stopping for 2 hours? Damn, unreal.

dschalter

Oh that makes it okay then

EDIT: I could pick two or three Scholes volleys just as good.

it's not about quality, it's about the event. the goal itself wasn't amazing, but senegal's victory over france was the biggest world cup upset in quite some time and they even got to the quarterfinals. the ballon d'or makes heavy use of international performances and thus diop got a literally a couple of votes.

pappe

it's not about quality, it's about the event. the goal itself wasn't amazing, but senegal's victory over france was the biggest world cup upset in quite some time and they even got to the quarterfinals. the ballon d'or makes heavy use of international performances and thus diop got a literally a couple of votes.

Messi has won it for the past 3 yrs.

dschalter

Messi has won it for the past 3 yrs.

well, yes, because he's been that much better than every other player, which makes up for the fact that he's only been good with Argentina (and there was no major tournament in 2009 and the Copa America isn't the biggest of events; he also won by quite a bit less in 2010).

Wilbur

Banned

But you said it was a greater goal. I'm not disputing it was a great moment but the goal wasn't greater than anything Scholes has ever done.

Manager

"One in every 300 of the young people that CRY tests will be identified with a potentially life-threatening condition. Every week in the UK, 12 apparently fit and healthy young people, under the age of 35, die from undiagnosed cardiac conditions. 80% of these deaths will occur with no prior symptoms."

Very scary...

Yen

Do professional and semi-pro footballers not get compulsory heart checks? Even a poxy, amateur sport like gaelic football does, and it's vital, many lives have been saved.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WAT

I need an explanation.

"The narrator claimed that Barcelona's formation represented arms smuggling routes to Syrian rebels. The players represent the smugglers, the narrator said, while the ball's position represents the current location of the weapons.

According to the narrator, when Barcelona star Leo Messi passes the ball it indicates that the weapons have reached rebels in Dir al-Zur. "

dc89

Fire alarms have gone off at London Chest hospital. Evacuation taking place.

James Pearce has put it on twitter. He's the BBC sports and Olympic correspondent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom