• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

How have you guys gone and chosen teams to support outside of your preferred league? I've been looking for teams to support outside Italy and can be persuaded in exchange for Juve love :p

Spain- Real Madrid.
Italy - Juvenile (maybe)
Germany - Borrussia Dortmund ( maybe)

Obviously United is my first love and I can't even support other clubs as passionately I aupport United.

But the coverage of Italian and BL is so bad in India I don't feel like watching these leagues a lot. The commentary is just awful.

Manager

How many players in Arsenal's current team were raised by Arsenal btw?

Wilshere, Chesney (arrived @16), Djorou, Frimpong and Gibbs?

Is such a thing even possible? Not every youngster stays at Arsenal/Barca/RM etc.

I meant that Barca accepted that and bought in players. Wenger, for a couple years, seemed to believe he could raise a world class team by himself and their academy, using his own youngsters (and buying youngsters to develop). The Arsenal cycle etc.

bjaelke

You guys watch Eastbound and Down? Ive watched the first season and the first 2 eps of season 2 yesterday. Shit is awesome.

"You have clothes like a fucking dickhead!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRQkbfrt88
Season 3 is fantastic. Haven't seen last night's episode but I can only imagine it's as good as the rest of the season.

"Toby, in an attempt to make peace, so you stop f*cking up my sh*t, I present you with this, your first pet. It’s a hermit crab, and I believe his name is Spurgeon..."
CL Final
Chelsea vs Madrid
Teams walk out onto the pitch to the theme of Jurassic Park to symoblise Chelsea's dinosaurs
John Terry is holding a black baby which he hoists into the air as he \leaves the tunnel
The game kicks off
Chelsea are dominating due to bizarre Madrid tactics
Torres misses 10 open goals including one where he runs onto the line after taking on the entire Madrid team and goes to roll the ball in with his head but somehow manages to hit the bar
Second half
Madrid score quickly after Ronaldo falls to the floor clutching his face and a wayward Torres shot deflects off of him and goes in
Last minute
Can Chelsea score? They always score.
When Torres isn't playing
Chelsea get corner
Cross in
EBJT (Englands Brave John Terry) jumps 20 foot into the air and powers a header in off the post, celebrating by shouting 'FOR MUAAAAMMMMMMMMBA'
Kick off
Chelsea get the ball again
David Luiz tries to be Messi
Pepe notices and attempts to murder him
As he fly kicks Luiz in the skull the ball trickles to Torres
He's through
He rounds the keeper
He shoots
Its going over the bar
Suddenly, the ghosts of Gary Speed and Sir Bobby Robson appear
They simultaneously head the ball
It goes in
Chelsea win
Mourinho runs onto the pitch with a piece of paper
its a contract he signed with Chelsea 2 days before
He was Chelsea manager the whole time
EBJT and JM embrace on the pitch
Hj79R.gif

dc89

A lad that went to my school plays for Arsenal. Kyle Bartley, currently on loan at Rangers.

--

Great to hear about Muamba! Keep going fella!

Manager

Anyone bought the new Ipad btw? I keep hearing about heating problems, yet some people say they have no problems. The giant thread is similar.

I'm a bit scared to by one of earlier ones if it's a manufacturing issue... apparently there's some issues with the screens as well.

bjaelke

Anyone bought the new Ipad btw? I keep hearing about heating problems, yet some people say they have no problems. The giant thread is similar.

I'm a bit scared to by one of earlier ones if it's a manufacturing issue...

Awesome Animals was posting from one the other day.

In recent years I've been partial to Real Madrid, definitely, but only sort of as a reaction against Barca. Their game is obviously miles better, but I just can't stand Busquets. He ruins it all for me, even more than Pepe would ruin it for Real. Bilbao is exciting because of what they've done with their policies, and Llorente is insane.

I like Bayern quite a bit from Luca Toni's days with them. Still sad when I think about how he got sent to the reserves. But if you asked me today which team I prefer it's probably Borussia Dortmund.

Partial to Porto, Rangers (but Nakamura is a fucking champ), Lille, PSV. Can't find an EPL team that I can give a shit about. QPR is the closest because I like the history but I'm hard pressed to support a team I know won't compete for anything, ever, and will probably be relegated this season. City does have a nice website, though. And Noel Gallagher :p

Copenhagen, obviously, for their manager alone. :)

^^You should join the Aston Villa train :D^^

I'm a bit scared to by one of earlier ones if it's a manufacturing issue... apparently there's some issues with the screens as well.

I don't think I've noticed any heating issues, but I haven't used any gpu or cpu intensive apps yet. I love the thing. I'm probably going to delve a bit more into Spacechem mobile tonight, and can let you know after that.

Manager

I don't think I've noticed any heating issues, but I haven't used any gpu or cpu intensive apps yet. I love the thing. I'm probably going to delve a bit more into Spacechem mobile tonight, and can let you know after that.

Awesome, thanks! I could understand if it was heated when playing games and stuff, but it would be irritating when reading books or web browse.

I wonder if a case would just make it warmer.

Awesome, thanks! I could understand if it was heated when playing games and stuff, but it would be irritating when reading books or web browse.

I wonder if a case would just make it warmer.

I did read for a good chunk of Saturday morning on it before switching back to my kindle, and I don't remember any heat. I'm not saying it never got warm, but it was never something that was noticeable or inconvenient in the least.

The bald guy Woodenlung's constantly posting pictures of? He's managing FC Cologne right now.

Also please don't support Copenhagen.

Will be back next year for CL when Cologne has fired his ass. He needs a team that he can watch play and there will be plenty of opportunities for that the next 2 years in Champions League!

ALL HAIL STÅLE

ibbZR5htYfF3sw.gif

SAFC squad put a signed shirt down for Muamba at the Reebok.

So how long before some thug steals it?

Slizz

fucking fifa community only consists of quitters (generalization mode). but seriously. even on the vita they quit all the time.

Sometimes if I get up big in the first half like 2-0, 3-0 I feel like I need to take it easy and not rack up anymore goals for fear of the person quitting next goal. They always quit when I score some magnificent goal nowadays.

Started Friday Night Lights, it better be good Awesome Animals!

Make sure you get at least 6 episodes in, they stop focusing on the sport so much and the character development truly happens. Also stick with it after season 2, that is its weakest season. They were having trouble in the ratings department, so they tried to change up the style of the show, only the ratings didn't improve and the critics were confused. They get back to the amazingness in season 3 and beyond.

Sometimes if I get up big in the first half like 2-0, 3-0 I feel like I need to take it easy and not rack up anymore goals for fear of the person quitting next goal. They always quit when I score some magnificent goal nowadays.

That's why we need to play together more. I won't rage quit.

faridmon

http://i.minus.com/iYRtKM5RchnCE.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bold people should be ashamed of their head because of him existing.

[quote="Manager, post: 36173448"]The threads needs more Roland Nilsson![/QUOTE]
Indeed

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Roland_Nilsson.jpeg

Dat sexy Hair.

Make sure you get at least 6 episodes in, they stop focusing on the sport so much and the character development truly happens. Also stick with it after season 2, that is its weakest season. They were having trouble in the ratings department, so they tried to change up the style of the show, only the ratings didn't improve and the critics were confused. They get back to the amazingness in season 3 and beyond.
I'm up to about episode 8, quite enjoying it so far. I like American Football as it is so I don't mind that too much.

The man won you the league though...
SoccerSwedenFlagSmiley.gif

He didn't win anything, only was here 6 months. Roland actually got the highest points average of any Copenhagen manager ever, but it was weird, he had no respect with the players and he wasn't very motivational at all, he had the assistant manager stand and yell at the players instead of himself.
KuGsj.gif

Of course he also crashed us out of Europe and also wanted to change our play style it seemed, which is a big no no in the club, we have been locked in on 442 ever since Roy Hodgson was here and revolutionized the club/made the master plan. Yeah you heard right people. Roy Hodgson is the main reason behind Copenhagens success.

Does he get full pay?

No idea but I assume so.

I'm up to about episode 8, quite enjoying it so far. I like American Football as it is so I don't mind that too much.

Well, that was something I kept telling the gf who doesn't care about Am. Football at all, now she can't stop watching. It's different for me because I grew up playing Am. Football, and did so until I was 18, so I know I'm going to be much more into it from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom