• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

My honest answer would be:

In Spain: Valencia, they are awesome, great players all over the pitch, they will beat everyone in the league except Barca and Madrid (beat Bilbao 3-0 the other day, IN SAN MAMES!). Entertaining too. Piatti(Messi copycat but shorter), Soldado, Banega, Jordi Alba, Mathieu, Tino Costa, Feghouli, Pablo Hernandez etc are all really good.

England: I say Tottenham, fun team to watch and they are on the up. Plus, Gareth Bale is there. And you get to see Redknapp every now and then.

Arsenal, Newcastle, Bilbao or Atletico would be my other picks, but those in the quote I think would be better.
edit: new page. The football threads this season have been moving quick.

Hixx

Oh shit. That Greek lad will be playing tomorrow against Blackburn. Which probably means O'Shea at right back, nooooooooo :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
AkDBd.jpg

FootballFan

Any predictions for the City v. Chelsea game?

I want City to win to keep pressure on ManUnited but I want Torres to continue his hot run of form.
I would like 4-3 to City. Yaya Hattrick, Torres to score a hattrick for Chelsea and a 90th minute goal from Savic to win the game for City.
Won't happen but one can dream.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^ Love it
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Wooden posted it a few hours ago!

But he uploaded it on minus so yours is superior by default.
I swear I'm kidding

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Goddammit my stupid girlfriend is acting all up dammit. Night ruined. ANY positive news here on footy-gaf before I go to bed?

*rage*

A statement from Bolton: "Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital. He is continuing to show signs of improvement this evening.

"He is currently able to breathe independently without the aid of a ventilator. He has also been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately.

"These are all positive signs of progress. However, his condition remains serious and the medical staff in intensive care will continue to monitor and treat him.

"His family and club would like to thank the media for continuing to respect their privacy at this time."

A statement from Bolton: "Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at The London Chest Hospital. He is continuing to show signs of improvement this evening.

"He is currently able to breathe independently without the aid of a ventilator. He has also been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately.

"These are all positive signs of progress. However, his condition remains serious and the medical staff in intensive care will continue to monitor and treat him.

"His family and club would like to thank the media for continuing to respect their privacy at this time."
That's great. Hes recovering way faster than I wouldve hoped for.

Gf mad at me and calling me selfish for asking her to stop calling with another guy and instead speak with me. Wtfisthisshit.jpg *hysterical laughter*

And now off to bed, good night.

Slizz

Excellent stuff.

Reminds me of a college football player Eric Legrand. Average player, hard-worker, covering a kick-off makes an awkward tackle and is left with neck and spine damage. Took a very long time to remove him from the field and when they finally diagnosed it was said he wasn't going to be able to walk ever again. Now he's standing under his own power and taking small steps all on his own and continues to rehab. He's very active on twitter and super positive, great guy.

This happened this past school year:

Eric LeGrand Leads His Rutgers Scarlet Knights Onto The Field

"I left tire marks on the field that day, the next time I leave footprints" -Eric Legrand

I hope Muamba has a full recovery and can be another inspiration for people.

avaya

Having recently had a family member go through a very rough recovery from a double bypass, not breathing without the aid of a ventilator is a very common occurrence for around 1-3days post opp. So not so surprised by Muamba staying on it for 2 days. His main issue right now will be fluid in the lungs/water retention as a result of his heart not pumping with enough force, depends on how long it'll take it to recover sufficiently.

I will be shocked if he doesn't have some sort of physical impairment to his brain though, he was not getting sufficient oxygen to his brain for a long time...

I just remember every improvement and every issue being an emotional rollercoaster, the family will definetly appreciate the support they are getting.

dschalter

Excellent stuff.

Reminds me of a college football player Eric Legrand. Average player, hard-worker, covering a kick-off makes an awkward tackle and is left with neck and spine damage. Took a very long time to remove him from the field and when they finally diagnosed it was said he wasn't going to be able to walk ever again. Now he's standing under his own power and taking small steps all on his own and continues to rehab. He's very active on twitter and super positive, great guy.

This happened this past school year:

Eric LeGrand Leads His Rutgers Scarlet Knights Onto The Field

"I left tire marks on the field that day, the next time I leave footprints" -Eric Legrand

I hope Muamba has a full recovery and can be another inspiration for people.

realistically, this is probably a much worse situation (likely brain damage), but we can only hope for the best.

Slizz

realistically, this is probably a much worse situation (likely brain damage), but we can only hope for the best.

Yea it's 2 different things, an injury on executing a play and a freak accident. Spinal injury and heart.

And yea always hope for the best.

FootballFan

Still don't know about EPL but it looks like I'm gonna have to be a Barcelona fan for La Liga. Found out today that a guy I work with is from Barcelona and is a big fan so at least I'll have one person to talk to about soccer.

Yeaaaah!!

Also now that you are part of us, Allasfcb2 - Great youtube channel for Barca supporters, totalbarca.com is also nice for news.
:p

Salazar

Howard Nurse ‏ @howardnurse
Mathieu Debuchy, 26, of Lille again linked with #MUFC summer move. I've been saying for two years that a decent right-back is much needed!

The fuck is wrong with you, Howard.

LEFT BACK. WE WANT LEFT BACKS.

Yeaaaah!!

Also now that you are part of us, Allasfcb2 - Great youtube channel for Barca supporters, totalbarca.com is also nice for news.
:p

Excellent. Thanks.

Watching Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia right now (getting caught up) and Valencia is running away with it.

And earlier I just finished up Udinese vs Napoli from the weekend. So glad Udinese was able to at least keep it tied after all the shit calls and the red cards against them.

EDIT: Time for Roma vs Genoa

FootballFan

Excellent. Thanks.

Watching Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia right now (getting caught up) and Valencia is running away with it.

And earlier I just finished up Udinese vs Napoli from the weekend. So glad Udinese was able to at least keep it tied after all the shit calls and the red cards against them.

Yeah saw the highlights for that game, Soldado beasting it. Check out Jordi Alba(left back but can play wing) for Valencia. Our main target for the next transfer window, depending on what happens with Abidal.

The Napoli game was good, lots of action. Red card even though the player blatantly dived , missed penalty, late goals.

LEFT BACK. WE WANT LEFT BACKS.

Milan needs a left back too, and so do we depending on how Abidals situation turns out.
Jordi Alba is a must for us in the transfer window. So good, fast and young.
Though I hate taking players from other La Liga teams.

elsk

Banned
Milan needs a left back too, and so do we depending on how Abidals situation turns out.
Jordi Alba is a must for us in the transfer window. So good, fast and young.
Though I hate taking players from other La Liga teams.

We also need a left back...
Manchester United should buy Emilio Izaguirre from Celtic :D

The only team I support is Everton. Nothing else. What is wrong with you lot?
The only team I support is Chelsea. I like what I seen of Bilbao recently and wouldn't mind following their progress but I can't say I would support them. I want to know what people who support multiple teams do when they meet in Europe.

So it's Rovers Sunderland tomorrow

If we win we could go 6 points clear of the drop zone and sessignon and twattermole are out, you know what that means don't you?

2-0 to Sunderland

Wilbur

Banned
The only team I support is Chelsea. I like what I seen of Bilbao recently and wouldn't mind following their progress but I can't say I would support them. I want to know what people who support multiple teams do when they meat in Europe.

Man U to win every game. Bilbao to win every game but United. Roma to win every game but United and Bilbao. Yeah it's not support per se, I just make an effort to watch their games and take an interest in what's going on

Man U to win every game. Bilbao to win every game but United. Roma to win every game but United and Bilbao. Yeah it's not support per se, I just make an effort to watch their games and take an interest in what's going on
I like how you quoted me before I could change the spelling of meet.

Facism

The playoff for the turkish super league begins in a month or so. Absolutely horrid format. Top four teams have their league points halved and then they play each other twice for more points.

So like a mini-league within a league, except galatasaray, who have pretty much sown up the league this year, have a possibility of losing it to 3 other teams who are nowhere near them in the points tally.

Arnie

So it's Rovers Sunderland tomorrow

If we win we could go 6 points clear of the drop zone and sessignon and twattermole are out, you know what that means don't you?

2-0 to Sunderland

Think I'm gonna put a couple of quid on you to win to be honest. Good odds and I can see it happening.

Speaking of British comedy - Does the host of The Tuesday Club podcast sound like a David Walliams Little Brittain character to anyone else?

Wilbur

Banned
I agree with Jeff. Luxury comedy is the worst thing I've ever seen. Mighty Boosh is painfully average. He's fun on Buzzcocks.

rififi

In Spain: Valencia, they are awesome, great players all over the pitch, they will beat everyone in the league except Barca and Madrid (beat Bilbao 3-0 the other day, IN SAN MAMES!). Entertaining too. Piatti(Messi copycat but shorter), Soldado, Banega, Jordi Alba, Mathieu, Tino Costa, Feghouli, Pablo Hernandez etc are all really good.

I wish Valencia had better financial support, over the past few years, they lost David Villa, David Silva, and Juan Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom