• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

I added in "Malmo" part in edit, he broke win record, 5 years in a row title.

Malmo was awesom because of this guy
H%C3%B6iland.jpg

Jon Inge Høiland

But seriously, most of those wins in the Allsvenken came at the expense of other clubs being rubbish. In 2004 they were awsome, but after that, they were less so.

Interesting stat: Steven Caulker has eight clean sheets in 18 games for Swansea (44%). Only Zabaleta, Kompany, and Hart have a higher clean sheet ratio.

Anyway, now I've got something football related in, have we all seen the video of the girl from N-Dubz blowing some dude?
I only seen 4 pictures of it and I didn't even think the girl looked like her. Also, supposedly it was leaked on a site called nottulisa.com/net/whatever. Tulisa would get it.

WJD

Really good news about Muamba. He's so lucky to have had such good medical staff so close to him when he collapsed. Just imagine if it was one of us at a typical 5-a-side game...

Scary stuff.

I only seen 4 pictures of it and I didn't even think the girl looked like her. Also, supposedly it was leaked on a site called nottulisa.com/net/whatever. Tulisa would get it.

I saw it, it looked (and sounded) like her. She needs to up her game though, was a pretty lazy blowjob.

Cracking rack mind!

Clegg

Really good news about Muamba. He's so lucky to have had such good medical staff so close to him when he collapsed. Just imagine if it was one of us at a typical 5-a-side game...

Scary stuff.

A lad I knew died from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. He was training with his local football team and had a seizure while doing some running drills. The emergency services were called but they couldn't revive him. His parents were told that he was probably dead before he even hit the ground. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone. It devastated the local commumity, his club, and especially his parents. I can imagine what the people close to Muamba must have went through before they were told he was stable.

Here is an article about him if anyone wants to know more.
http://www.independent.ie/national-...llapses-and-dies-during-training-2996533.html

WJD

A lad I knew died from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. He was training with his local football team and had a seizure while doing some running drills. The emergency services were called but they couldn't revive him. His parents were told that he was probably dead before he even hit the ground. It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone. It devastated the local commumity, his club, and especially his parents. I can imagine what the people close to Muamba must have went through before they were told he was stable.

Here is an article about him if anyone wants to know more.
http://www.independent.ie/national-...llapses-and-dies-during-training-2996533.html

Yeah, I think my girlfriends sister died from something like that when she was around 20.

I hate the randomness of a death like that; it must be so frustrating to try and deal with as a friend/family member.

Spain- Real Madrid.
Italy - Juvenile (maybe)
Germany - Borrussia Dortmund ( maybe)

Obviously United is my first love and I can't even support other clubs as passionately I aupport United.

But the coverage of Italian and BL is so bad in India I don't feel like watching these leagues a lot. The commentary is just awful.
Italy - Fiorentina (Batistuta)
Spain - Rayo Vallecano (went to a match with a friend)
Germany - FC Union (cool Berlin team)

italy - milan, also partial to palermo
usa - red bulls
england - arsenal

i don't have time to watch the spanish and german leagues week in and week out. i am partial to bilbao though (after last week :p and because of their recruitment policies) and werder bremen (ever since they knocked milan out of the EL.)

Hixx

Got a soft spot for Inter since I was a kid. Bit of a one for Bilbao too seeing as their formation came about via Sunderland lads.

FootballFan

How have you guys gone and chosen teams to support outside of your preferred league? I've been looking for teams to support outside Italy and can be persuaded in exchange for Juve love :p

Let me just say that Pirlo and Del Piero are damn amazing. Juve is looking great.
join the Barca crew, only the coolest are in, me, Fady, Messi, Error, Sunhi etc
And Busquets is amazingly awesome. <3

Happy to see Afellay training again, it's been way too long. Hope he'll be fit for the Euros.

Hell yeah, glad to see he is back. He had just come back from an injury only to get injured again in training in September, taken so long :(

Sporting´s starting 11 for tonight´s match away at Gil Vicente:

Rui Patricio; João Pereira, Xandão, Polga, Insua; Schaars, Elias, Matias Fernandez; Izmailov, Capel and Wolfswinkel.

Let´s see if the boys can keep up with the good perfomances, a win would be important to keep the champions league dream alive.

FootballFan

Always makes me smile when the footballing world comes together like this...

http://www.redcafe.net/11355975-post98.html

Same goes for Muamba.

Yeah it is great to see. Poor Abidal, the guy has been one of our better performers in the last 2 seasons. I have a feeling he won't be back to playing for us again.
Him lifting that CL trophy, wow, that was a great moment, Puyol is the man for coming up with the idea to give him the captains armband and making him lift it.

Also good to hear that Muambas situation is improving, moving and heart beating on its own. Hope his situation keeps improving.

edit:
Sporting´s starting 11 for tonight´s match away at Gil Vicente:

Rui Patricio; João Pereira, Xandão, Polga, Insua; Schaars, Elias, Matias Fernandez; Izmailov, Capel and Wolfswinkel.

I used Sporting on Fifa yesterday, beat my friend 5-3 on aggregate, he was Napoli. Elias and Capel were awesome. I remember when Capel was at Sevilla, all he did was go left and sprint, still the same?

I support Aston Villa. That's the only true loyalty I have. Otherwise it limits the variety of kits I can get. :p
(although I don't support Barcelona) ¡Hala Madrid!

Let me just say that Pirlo and Del Piero are damn amazing. Juve is looking great.
join the Barca crew, only the coolest are in, me, Fady, Messi, Error, Sunhi etc
And Busquets is amazingly awesome. <3

Of course Fady likes Barca and Chelsea. Busquets and Drogba are cut from the same cloth. :p

I think I have to support a top 4 traditional EPL team, it'd probably be United given their epic history with Juve. Maybe Liverpool for similar reasons, plus Suarez is entertaining as fuck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No Buffon, Barzagli or Matri for Milan's game. :(

I know about the first two, but it's surprising not to see Matri called up. I don't want to see Borriellol again ffs :(

How have you guys gone and chosen teams to support outside of your preferred league? I've been looking for teams to support outside Italy and can be persuaded in exchange for Juve love :p

For Juventini, the obvious choice is United! The grinta is there!

Sir Alex Ferguson "Juventus was an example for my Manchester United. I showed my players videotapes of Lippi's team and I said do not look at the tactics or technique, that we already have there, you must learn to have the will to win."

However, I enjoy watching the PL much more staying neutral.

Go for Blackburn because hating on Steve Kean is fun :p

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403886_327563717292493_121754994540034_833808_1591197230_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL perfect!!!!

I used Sporting on Fifa yesterday, beat my friend 5-3 on aggregate, he was Napoli. Elias and Capel were awesome. I remember when Capel was at Sevilla, all he did was go left and sprint, still the same?

Yeah, it´s almost all he does. My father calls him the "wild cow" because he spends the whole game charging forward with his head down. He´s been quite good for us, he rarely gives up on the ball.

How have you guys gone and chosen teams to support outside of your preferred league?

Well I saw Chelsea play when I was a kid and just kind of liked them since then. Palermo was kind of a mix of a funny team, crazy management and having to find a team to follow in the best league in the world after England was dethroned. Also of course they wear pink which makes them awesome.

I think Matri needs a game off, to be frank. He's been good but he needs to be better, clear his head for this weekend. If we're going 4-3-3, I guess we're playing with Del Piero in the centre. Conte only seems to 3-5-2 when he's mirroring another team, so I'm imagining Giaccherini, ADP, Pepe?

I'm still trying to figure out how Elia got on the pitch two games ago. Do you think it was because Conte wasn't on the bench? I'd like to see Elia tonight. Wouldn't mind Krasic either but I reckon I'm alone in that one.

Edit: We were the first Italian team to wear pink, WoodenLung. I think it's time to come home.

Edit: We were the first Italian team to wear pink, WoodenLung. I think it's time to come home.

You didn't when I was looking for a club though. Actually I don't even think you were in Serie A. I should get some German team to get into, just can't enjoy a league if I don't have a team to support, as I hate myself I should just go with HSV like all other Copenhagen supporters. Already bringing them to the top of the Bundesliga!

cXlSp.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of course Fady likes Barca and Chelsea. Busquets and Drogba are cut from the same cloth. :p

I think I have to support a top 4 traditional EPL team, it'd probably be United given their epic history with Juve. Maybe Liverpool for similar reasons, plus Suarez is entertaining as fuck.

Salazar won't allow you if we somehow end up with Pogba
Uk9d9.gif

I'm quite fond of Suarez, I'd pay crazy money to get him!

Well I saw Chelsea play when I was a kid and just kind of liked them since then. Palermo was kind of a mix of a funny team, crazy management and having to find a team to follow in the best league in the world after England was dethroned. Also of course they wear pink which makes them awesome.

Everyone loves Palermo
Uk9d9.gif
Uk9d9.gif

No team will ever match my love for Juve. But if I'm going to watch the EPL or La Liga it'd be nice to follow a team with more than just a casual interest in how they perform.

Fry

Sometimes when I'm watching Crouch, I fear his legs are going to break whenever he kicks the ball. It's so weird to watch him playing.

I can only be a fan of a team from a league that I will follow constantly, and I can't watch more than 2. Both are the best in the world anyway. :p

I only follow Premier League and whatever league Farnborough are in. The only other matches I watch are Barcalona vs Madrid. I need to start watching other leagues :/

FootballFan

No team will ever match my love for Juve. But if I'm going to watch the EPL or La Liga it'd be nice to follow a team with more than just a casual interest in how they perform.

My honest answer would be:

In Spain: Valencia, they are awesome, great players all over the pitch, they will beat everyone in the league except Barca and Madrid (beat Bilbao 3-0 the other day, IN SAN MAMES!). Entertaining too. Piatti(Messi copycat but shorter), Soldado, Banega, Jordi Alba, Mathieu, Tino Costa, Feghouli, Pablo Hernandez etc are all really good.

England: I say Tottenham, fun team to watch and they are on the up. Plus, Gareth Bale is there. And you get to see Redknapp every now and then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Matri needs a game off, to be frank. He's been good but he needs to be better, clear his head for this weekend. If we're going 4-3-3, I guess we're playing with Del Piero in the centre. Conte only seems to 3-5-2 when he's mirroring another team, so I'm imagining Giaccherini, ADP, Pepe?

I'm still trying to figure out how Elia got on the pitch two games ago. Do you think it was because Conte wasn't on the bench? I'd like to see Elia tonight. Wouldn't mind Krasic either but I reckon I'm alone in that one.
Nah, Angelo Alessio was just a puppet, his late subs gave him away :p Conte planned it all.

About the formation, that's what he said a few hours ago "4-3-3 and 3-5-2 are relatively interchangeable. I can also use them during the same game. The attitude is the most important thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom