• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

I wish Valencia had better financial support, over the past few years, they lost David Villa, David Silva, and Juan Mata.

Well that was their own fault for getting way too deep into debt trying to build the new stadium, thinking selling the old one was going to be easy and a done deal for the money they wanted. Not to mention Valencia has usually sold their biggest players.

Wilbur

Banned
He just comes across as so self aware of his quirkiness and does everything he can to make people think he's some sort of jesus space wizard. Not for me.

Nah, Angelo Alessio was just a puppet, his late subs gave him away :p Conte planned it all.

About the formation, that's what he said a few hours ago "4-3-3 and 3-5-2 are relatively interchangeable. I can also use them during the same game. The attitude is the most important thing"

He may say that, but he's wrong. In a 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 the front trio or pair function in very different ways. Del Piero only really can work in a front pairing where he's expected to be the creative force. You really can't expect him to be a prima punta in a 4-3-3. He simply isn't that type of player. Quagliarella, Matri, Borriello, even Vucinic to some extent can be that reference point. Del Piero flourishes with a poacher or somebody with great movement. So either we're playing 3-5-2 with one of Quagliarella or Borriello, or I have no idea what our tactics are going to be.

Unless the 4-3-3 is with LWST and RWST and Del Piero in the centre but further back.... I guess.

FootballFan

After an official recount, it is now confirmed that Messi is actually only 1 goal, not 4, away from equaling the record of Cesar Rodriguez to be the top scorer for FC Barcelona of all time, at the age of 24.
Granada watch out, Messi is on a mission.
Link from FCB site

FootballFan

Sorry man, you had such hope as well :) At least pick a non top six team fro the EPL to make up for the Barca glory hunting :)

He has made the right choice. One of us now. We are growing, slowly but surely. Barca-GAF high-5!
ohnCF.jpg

bjaelke

A photograph of what Panathinaikos fans smuggled into their own stadium in order to cause havoc and destruction. Brutal.

NorRe.jpg

The only team I support is Chelsea. I like what I seen of Bilbao recently and wouldn't mind following their progress but I can't say I would support them. I want to know what people who support multiple teams do when they meet in Europe.

Pick a second team that don't get that much European exposure.

Brøndby have only played Liverpool one time and that was back in 1995: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0-p8T5rpdc

A photograph of what Panathinaikos fans smuggled into their own stadium in order to cause havoc and destruction. Brutal.

NorRe.jpg

Greek fans.
rage_lol.png
Any excuse to raise havoc in Greece last few years.

Like Panathinaikos is doing well this season. We lost 3 major games in a row. As strange as it sounds, losing Cisse cost us a bunch.

Salazar

From France Foot - includes salary and commercial earnings.

1 Messi €33m (per annum)
2 Beckham 31.5m
3 Ronaldo 29.2m,
4 Eto’o 23.3m
5 Rooney 20.6m
6 Aguero 18.8m
7 Yaya 17.6m
8 Torres 16.7m
9 Kaka 15.5m
10 Lahm 14.3m
11 Zlatan 14m
12 Schweini 13.9m
13 Neymar 13.8m
14 Anelka 13m
15 Lampard 12.9m

Did a search and found nothing, mock if old ...

"Did I miss something — did Chelsea win the Champions League on Wednesday?

"When you see the manager on the pitch, a player waving a flag going down the tunnel and team-mates milking applause 10 minutes after the final whistle, they are the scenes I associate with winning a trophy.

"We saw Frank Lampard and John Terry interviewed on TV saying it was one of their best European nights.

"What had Chelsea done? They had qualified for the quarter-finals. That's all.

"I was confident they'd win at Stamford Bridge — and good luck to them.

"But when I saw Didier Drogba with a flag in his hands and all of the other over-excited reaction, it really made me wonder.

"They hadn't even overturned a great team.

"Napoli are a decent side but they're in fourth in Serie A and haven't won a major honour in more than 20 years.

"If beating them is enough for singing and dancing, I give up."

Gotta love that cheeky bugger :) :p

xbhaskarx

WTF....

Barcelona accused of being part of an anti-Assad plot by Syrian TV with the clue, apparently, in their formations
A state-owned Syrian TV channel has claimed that analysis of Barcelona's formation "represents arms smuggling routes"

Al Dunya TV believes that infinitely more reputable media outlet Al-Jazeera Sport was "distorting the facts" in their post-match breakdown of Real Madrid v Barcelona last December.

The clip above proposes that an analysis of Barcelona's passing movements gives clues about weapons routes to Syrian rebels attempting to oust President Bashar Assad.

The ball, apparently, represented the weapons. The Barcelona players, allegedly, are the smugglers. Real Madrid's, it claimed, represented blockages as weapons were brought in from Lebanon.

So when the analysts showed the ball moving from one player to the other, and getting round Real Madrid's defence, the rebels were made aware of the location of the weapons. Obviously.

The voice-over informs us that when the ball is passed by Lionel Messi it means that weapons have reached rebels in Dir al-Zur. It's all so clear now, isn't it?

FootballFan

From France Foot - includes salary and commercial earnings.

1 Messi €33m (per annum)
2 Beckham 31.5m
3 Ronaldo 29.2m,
4 Eto’o 23.3m
5 Rooney 20.6m
6 Aguero 18.8m
7 Yaya 17.6m
8 Torres 16.7m
9 Kaka 15.5m
10 Lahm 14.3m
11 Zlatan 14m
12 Schweini 13.9m
13 Neymar 13.8m
14 Anelka 13m
15 Lampard 12.9m

Messi deserves more. :p

Someone else posted that, still hilarious though lol. wtf indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom