• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried booking the knockout rounds off from work, didn't check the dates beforehand and now have the two weeks off immediately after the tournament. Gonna be a bit of a struggle getting those weeks off now :(

I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to miss the highlights of both the Euros and the Olympics

dc89

I love Inside City. Ass cracks and all! My favourite part from the last one was Aguero dancing. I need to gif that at some point.

bjaelke

Tried booking the knockout rounds off from work, didn't check the dates beforehand and now have the two weeks off immediately after the tournament. Gonna be a bit of a struggle getting those weeks off now :(

I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to miss the highlights of both the Euros and the Olympics

I'm in the same situation. Got tickets for both Denmark - Germany and Denmark - Holland, but might have to sell because of work
LLShC.gif

Kenka

I see Denmark lose 2-0 to Holland, 2-0 to Portugal and 4-0 to Germany.
I see Holland lose 1-0 to Germany, draw against Portulol and win 2-0 against Denmark.
I see Germany win against Portugnol with 1-0.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Immobile's goal, so good. <3 22 in 28!

He may say that, but he's wrong. In a 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 the front trio or pair function in very different ways. Del Piero only really can work in a front pairing where he's expected to be the creative force. You really can't expect him to be a prima punta in a 4-3-3. He simply isn't that type of player. Quagliarella, Matri, Borriello, even Vucinic to some extent can be that reference point. Del Piero flourishes with a poacher or somebody with great movement. So either we're playing 3-5-2 with one of Quagliarella or Borriello, or I have no idea what our tactics are going to be.

Unless the 4-3-3 is with LWST and RWST and Del Piero in the centre but further back.... I guess.

Yeah, I seriously hope we're not planning to use Del Piero in a prima punta role :/ eh, we can settle for a draw, we're so good at that.
ohqLl.gif

Possible lineup: Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Chiellini, Bonucci; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pepe; Del Piero, Vucinic.

pappe

Immobile's goal, so good. <3 22 in 28!

Yeah, I seriously hope we're not planning to use Del Piero in a prima punta role :/ eh, we can settle for a draw, we're so good at that.
ohqLl.gif

Possible lineup: Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Chiellini, Bonucci; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pepe; Del Piero, Vucinic.

whats a prima punta role?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

A striker who plays far up and is a reference point for attack. Trezeguet, Inzaghi, Berbatov or Chicha. Rooney/Del Piero is versatile, but he thrives more behind a poacher.

http://i.imgur.com/KQWG3.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0dtOi.png[IMG]

Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Hah, good job :D [spoiler]You're with Milan IIRC?[/spoiler]

Paracelsus

An old-school striker that usually wanders all around the penalty area waiting for an assist, a cross or whatever, think Klose. It's a role that's dying pretty fast, modern soccer doesn't allow you to waste players like that.

gurasa

Hah, good job :D
You're with Milan IIRC?
Thanks. I'm a neutral supporter of football, but I do love watching Ibra, so yeah I'm with Milan tonight, though they're already dead. Is there a chance we see Matri tonight? That lad deserves more time on the pitch.

@ Paracelsus, looking good.
15uPu.gif

Zabojnik

I'm still trying to figure out how Elia got on the pitch two games ago. Do you think it was because Conte wasn't on the bench? I'd like to see Elia tonight. Wouldn't mind Krasic either but I reckon I'm alone in that one.

I think it really is over for Elia after his last apparence. He did EVERYTHING wrong. I'm not talking just about him being rusty after a long time not playing, but everything. His attitude was terrible, it felt like he doesn't even care anymore. I can't really blame him, since Conte pretty much pretended he doesn't exist for the better part of the season. On the other hand Conte tends to favour players who work their hardest during the week and has hinted many times that Elia doesn't exactly fall into that category. Apprently he has a hard time learning italian too ... stranger in a strange land syndrome. It happens to foreign players sometimes and I wish him all the best in another team and in another league. I'm still hoping for some kind of a miracle, but I think he's done with Juventus.

Paracelsus one of us! I still can't believe you're the same Paracelsus from the #juve IRC channel! Amazing! :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks. I'm a neutral supporter of football, but I do love watching Ibra, so yeah I'm with Milan tonight, though they're already dead. Is there a chance we see Matri tonight? That lad deserves more time on the pitch.

@ Paracelsus, looking good.
15uPu.gif

Not even in the squad :(

Paracelsus

I think it really is over for Elia after his last apparence. He did EVERYTHING wrong. I'm not talking just about him being rusty after a long time not playing, but everything. His attitude was terrible, it felt like he doesn't even care anymore. I can't really blame him, since Conte pretty much pretended he doesn't exist for the better part of the season. On the other hand Conte tends to favour players who work their hardest during the week and has hinted many times that Elia doesn't exactly fall in that category. Apprently he has a hard time learning italian too ... stranger in a strange land syndrome. It happens to foreign players sometimes and I wish him all the best in another team and in another league. I'm still hoping for some kind of a miracle, but I think he's done with Juventus.

When Conte during a recent press conference grouped Elia with Krasic I thought it was weird, since Krasic knows only one way to feint and it results in him getting ridiculized, losing the ball and causing counterattack after counterattack. Elia is supposedly nothing like that, he knows how to feint and somehow tries to defend, even if it means kicking you down.

Then I saw him against Genoa, first thought was "who is he learning "Italian" from? Krasic?".

I think he's done for but not because he's not good for Juventus but because he is nothing like what Conte expects from a winger.

EDIT: Matri is another one you can see Conte is keeping just because he can score, he makes him work like a mule all over the attack zone when he's clearly an Inzaghi.

Zabojnik

I think he's done for but not because he's not good for Juventus but because he is nothing like what Conte expects from a winger.

My thoughts exactly. Except I would broaden it by saying that he's nothing like what Conte expects from a player, be it a winger or otherwise.

Matri is another one you can see Conte is keeping just because he can score, he makes him work like a mule all over the attack zone when he's clearly an Inzaghi.

Was about to post the same damn thing. That's part of our scoring problem. Sometimes I wish we would sacrifice some of our possession based, 'collective' football style in order to let Matri be Matri. What we really need to do though is maintain the current way of playing and just sign a couple of true top players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Was about to post the same damn thing. That's part of our scoring problem. Sometimes I wish we would sacrifice some of our possession based, 'collective' football style in order to let Matri be Matri. What we really need to do though is maintain the current way of playing and just sign a couple of true top players.
Matri must play the full 90 minutes. I don't like seeing him subbed on the 60-70th minute for Borriello or Quag. I don't see the first scoring in the last 15-20 minutes (or ever), and the latter is not the player he used to be.

If we sell Elia, Krasic, Melo and
Quag
. We'll net a decent amount money for a proper striker!
Like Super Tom :(

What about Super Pogba!

Balls, Allegri knows Juventus will go fullspeed in the first half so he will save them for the second one.

i dunno, that makes sense for ibra but not for silva. we will see.

i personally would just field a team of primavera players and guys like yepes/pippo/maxi etc. why risk more injuries in the coppa when we are playing barca in a week.

So, its been said numerous times before, but New Star Soccer is incredibly addicting.

I hope FSC is nice enough to air the Rovers/Sunderland game today since the Aston Villa/Bolton game they were going to air is canceled.

Not necessarily a bad thing. That could have been dreadful football with the way Aston Villa have been showing up against the relegation teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom