• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Guardiola reckons Valencia is the best winger in the world right now.

Hands off!

I think Valencia is one of the few players in the world who probably couldn't be temped to Barcelona. He's a quiet, hard working family man who seems settled. I can't envisage him rushing to the phone right now, calling his agent who he sacked a few months ago because he doesn't have a use for one, wetting himself at the prospect of signing for Barcelona.

What a player.

Thanks for the info fellas. And I was just looking at at the UEFA schedule - AC Milan vs Barcelona should be entertaining. Looking forward to that.

gurasa

Who is playing APOEL? I really want them qualify furthur into the competition.
j3E7I.jpg

Granero? Better than Valencia on the wing? Hmm, i'm not sure about that. Haven't really seen enough of Granero in that position but i'm not convinced.

Anyhow, I am obviously biased but I really think Valencia is an awesome player and in a couple of years will be rated very very highly across Europe.

Noirulus

lol Valencia was the worst player on the pitch for Man U last year in the CL final against Barca. Almost feels like Pep is trolling. He's a great player but he's still young so give him time.

Rad-

Valencia is definitely not the best wing player (Ronaldo!) but he is one of the best "wingers". Robben, Ribery and Ronaldo are not really wingers in their original meaning. Valencia is as pure winger as one gets.

lol Valencia was the worst player on the pitch for Man U last year in the CL final against Barca. Almost feels like Pep is trolling. He's a great player but he's still young so give him time.

He played central midfield basically in that match though.

Kenka

Artjoms Rudnevs from Lech Poznan has the potential of becoming a very valuable striker/winger. He has been consistently good for almost three years and it's more than time for him to move to a bigger structure.

Just hit 29 in New Star Soccer Arcade mode! According to Game Center that puts me in the top 18 of all time :p

It just probably hasn't updated yet :(

Noirulus

He played central midfield basically in that match though.

Mm, that makes it more excusable. I was quite disappointed though because I was expecting big things from him that match (He played great in a few other Man U matches I've seen) and he killed the hype I had for him.

Mm, that makes it more excusable. I was quite disappointed though because I was expecting big things from him that match (He played great in a few other Man U matches I've seen) and he killed the hype I had for him.
He really was very poor that night, it was a shame. He's been so so good for us since joining though. Amazing how he's come back from his leg break too.

As mentioned above, I wouldn't swap him for anybody. He's cool as.

faridmon

He really was very poor that night, it was a shame. He's been so so good for us since joining though. Amazing how he's come back from his leg break too.

Wigan have a knack of producing amazing Wingers. Valancia, Baines, Moses, N'Zogbia, etc...

Artjoms Rudnevs from Lech Poznan has the potential of becoming a very valuable striker/winger. He has been consistently good for almost three years and it's more than time for him to move to a bigger structure.

Rumors about him joining Dortmund, not sure if there's any truth in it, though. We'll need a new striker in summer and there are connections to Poland because of Kuba, Piszczek and Lewandowski. Sounds believeable but is easy to make up, too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Not even Krasic? Let's be realistic here.

TeegsD

Totally did not know that Benfica and Porto played each other today. This should be an awesome game as always until the end of the first half, beginning of second half when everyone just wants to beat the shit out of each other.

faridmon

Well, he is, isn't he? Don't know why you put him as a winger. That's like saying Lahm is a winger.

He plays more like a winger than a full back. His defensive abilities have been questionable to a point that if it wasn't for his defensive skills, he would have been the best full back in PL for the past 2 years or so. He is only there because we don't have any feasble solution to our left back, but Moyes bought him originally to play as a winger.

Lahm have a great defensive sensibilty and can produce great tackles, which can help describing him as a full back.

Hixx

Oh wow, Blackburn haven't beaten us in their last 7 attempts.

edit: O'Shea dropped or injured, what the fuuuuuck. Colback dropped, at least Vaughan's back but should be at Gardner's expense instead. Still a strong team from us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Amelia, Mesbah, Thiago Silva, Mexes, Antonini; Seedorf, Muntari, Aquilani; Emanuelson; El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic

elsk

Banned
He plays more like a winger than a full back. His defensive abilities have been questionable to a point that if it wasn't for his defensive skills, he would have been the best full back in PL for the past 2 years or so. He is only there because we don't have any feasble solution to our left back, but Moyes bought him originally to play as a winger.

Lahm have a great defensive sensibilty and can produce great tackles, which can help describing him as a full back.

I watched a couple of Everton matches and Baines remained me of Lahm everytime. Lahm as LB plays almost exactly as Baines. Less defensive and more attacking attitude.

He should've joined Bayern :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom