• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Couldnt have said it better. Barça elevates football to a state of art while Madrid players all seem like cunts to me. But Im a little biased...

well not all. I simply cannot hate casillas. he's a great person.

pepe on the other hand.....

and for the love of god someone please tell me what exactly happened in the real game. why the red card for ozil?

well not all. I simply cannot hate casillas. he's a great person.

pepe on the other hand.....

and for the love of god someone please tell me what exactly happened in the real game. why the red card for ozil?
I only feel sympathy for Casillas. Theyre all great footballers I just do not like them

rififi

Couldnt have said it better. Barça elevates football to a state of art while Madrid players all seem like cunts to me. But Im a little biased...

I'm originally from Madrid, I have always been and always will be a Real Madrid supporter. While I despise Barca, I still respect them as a team and the way they (generally) play . . . . . . however, I still think both Madrid and Barca have a fair share of cunts. It doesn't matter which color shirt they wear, a cunt is a cunt.

And yes, I agree Barca elevates football to a state of art . . . . . theatre is still considered an art right?

I'm originally from Madrid, I have always been and always will be a Real Madrid supporter. While I despise Barca, I still respect them as a team and the way they (generally) play . . . . . . however, I still think both Madrid and Barca have a fair share of cunts. It doesn't matter which color shirt they wear, a cunt is a cunt.

And yes, I agree Barca elevates football to a state of art . . . . . theatre is still considered an art right?
Busquets could easily play a show on Broadway haha. Greatest dramatic deathscenes ever.

WJD

I have no vested interest in either team, but if you can't accept that Barca play the better football out of the two teams, then you're clearly just a bitter, bitter Madrid fan.

There are times this season when Madrid have played excellent direct, fluid, attacking football. Very different to Barca but it's apples and oranges. Though admittedly they've been pants recently.

FuturusX

Madrid have played some nice stuff. Very direct. But at times. Barca and Messi have been on another planet. I don't care who you support. That's undeniable.

FootballFan

Barca plays beautiful technical football while Madrid plays rugby football just a level below Stoke.

That is what really annoys me, Valencia, bilbao etc all play so much better. Buy "the best coach in the universe and history" spend 500million on players only to play like Stoke city with much better players.

This league is still Madrids, 6 points is heaps. Still hilarious just seeing them scared lol.

edit
what barca fans? me, messi and???

and me! :p

Lightning

Banned
Celebrating a 1 point lead when you're still 15 points off the league leaders is a bit small time imo.
Really? I don't think so. We know it's been a bad season for us but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our recent success or Spurs recent run of bad results. After all, when we were struggling we were basically written off finishing in the top 4 and now here we are with 3rd spot a real possibility. I see no reason not to be happy about that.

It's disappointing that we are so far behind the leaders but oh we'll, there is always next season.

dc89

I thought the music City played at the final whistle tonight was familiar. Turns out it the same Madness tune that Chelsea play when they win.

Someone at City knows how to troll.

Fantomex

So from listening to Radio Marca and hearing the audio.

Mourinho got kicked out for yelling to the ref: Solo Robais, Solo Robais = All you do is steal, all you do is steal.

Ozil was kicked out for as the ref report says: Clapping after I made a decision being sarcastic.

Madrid players went into the tunnel saying: Vaya Atraco, Vaya Atraco = Highway Robbery

It seems the Madrid press is actually taking the side of the ref and really getting on the players. Supposedly after the game Pepe cursed near the cameras and might face a fine by either the club or the league.

Wilbur

Banned
That's not true.

Anyways, i'm not a Barça fan but can't stand Real Madrid and his fans, so whatsoever is prejudicial to Madrid makes me happy :)

I can't ever recall you posting apart from when that happens.

And Madrid don't play like a rugby team, not in the slightest. Against Barca they do, but saying they do all the time is stupid.

Noirulus

Nice to see the barca gloryhunters come out the woodwork. We play the best attacking football in the world, today was an anomaly thanks to a shitty referee that can't do his job properly

Arnie

If I was in Arsenal's position I'd be doing loops. Any mass rejoicing from Arsenal fans is much deserved in my opinion.

6 points is still a lot considering Real aren't exactly chumps.

Certainly difficult but no longer unassailable. Barca have to be damn near perfect up until the Classico where they would be favourites to win. If Real drop 3 points between now and then (not impossible with some tricky away fixtures) then that game could be a title decider. Mourinho has form for dropping points towards the end of a season - It nearly cost Inter the title in his first season (or was it the second, can't remember). There is much more pressure on Madrid than on Barcelona. That old dog Guardiola was a sly one when he said the title was over. Since he did it, it seems to have spurred the Barcelona players on and heaped all the pressure on Real.

Madrid haven't played well away for the best part of two months. They were lucky against both Betis and Rayo. At some point luck won't be enough anymore.

FootballFan

Nice to see the barca gloryhunters come out the woodwark. We play the best attacking football in the world, today was an anomaly thanks to a shitty referee that can't do his job properly

:D

Still 6 points ahead, that is heaps.

People say some dumb shit that they no doubt don't mean when they are angry, not something new and will never stop. No doubt said worse things myself, especially about Ovrebo.

True I guess.

3/21 @ Villareal
3/24 Real Sociedad
3/27 @ Apoel
4/1 @ Osasuna
4/4 Apoel
4/8 Valencia
4/11 @ Atlético

They do have some tough games coming up though, especially the bolded ones.

Osasuna away is going to be vital.

edit
That old dog Guardiola was a sly one when he said the title was over. Since he did it, it seems to have spurred the Barcelona players on and heaped all the pressure on Real.

Learning from the Special One

All football players are filthy divers!

that's the "reason" my friend doesn't watch football.

Sadly that is close to the truth. Nearly every players throws himself to the ground with any slight contact and over dramatize everything. Some of course much more than others but it's kind of pathetic, especially when you see your own team doing it.

barca bitch and moan about refs, madrid gets screwed 2 games straight

Screwed by the Refs? Villarreal had legitimate claims for 2 penalties in the first half, neither of which they were awarded. Both Barca and Madrid have had the benefit of refereeing decisions over the last 3 to 4 years. If anything this season Madrid have had far more contentious decisions go their way this season than against them.

If Madrid want to win this league they will need to improve their away form before it costs them dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom