• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
luZmu.jpg

Why so sad, Phil?

Sloosha

Arrived at Heathrow. Luggage is missing.

Carrying on with my coat, wallet, and iPad. Anyone in Oxford want to drink moderately hard this evening ?

Hopefully you get your luggage back soon. Nothing worse then slogging your way through immigration and customs after a long flight... and to lose your luggage just sucks.

Manager

Ummmm OBVIOUSLY Tevez's onfield actions have helped Mancini and City directly. What I'm referring to is how Tevez did what he did and was still able to come back to the team at the end of it all despite all the very public displays of intolerance and attempts by the club to sell him. In a team filled with so many world-class players, the manager needs to maintain an iron grip or else he will get undermined by players who think they are bigger than the club. The way Tevez was deployed (at a crucial time in the game) and what he ended up doing (being vital in securing the goal) makes matters even worse. It sends all the wrong signals.

Mancini is an idiot.

The whole squad has gone out and said they want Tevez back. They all also said he needed to apologise to them all incl Mancini before that. Mancini kept him out for six months. A spineless manager wouldnt force him out to begin with. And he never begged for Tevez to return, which I bet he expected.

(I know Tevez left on his own will, but Mancini helped forcing him out)

In the end, it all cost Tevez over £9m and as I said, what should Mancini had done? Let him rot in the reserves, paying 4-5m in salaries before summer? THAT would make him an idiot. And you negatives would say he was wasting money and he should swallow his pride.

panty

This all makes sense to me. I can see ozil getting a 2nd yellow for that. I assumed he had said something to the ref.

Anyone saying that the ref's are screwing real or barca is fucking crazy. both teams have games where stupid shit happens. Its because the refs in spain are CRAP.

brother sends me a text saying, 'I see real got robbed by the ref's again, uefalona' fucking idiot.

Did you even watch the game? Özil got a straight red.

dc89

The whole squad has gone out and said they want Tevez back. They all also said he needed to apologise to them all incl Mancini before that. Mancini kept him out for six months. A spineless manager wouldnt force him out to begin with. And he never begged for Tevez to return, which I bet he expected.

(I know Tevez left on his own will, but Mancini helped forcing him out)

In the end, it all cost Tevez over £9m and as I said, what should Mancini had done? Let him rot in the reserves, paying 4-5m in salaries before summer? THAT would make him an idiot. And you negatives would say he was wasting money and he should swallow his pride.

The blind, I don't even if I can call it hate (is it more jealousy?) is incredible. People don't want to see Tevez back in the City side because they know underneath the dickish attitude is a incredible, world class footballer. His record over last season and the one before was incredible, he was a world class striker and he still is. They don't want to see any more world class players at City, Tevez included. Maybe because they are worried of City having success which breeds more success?

But the bottom line is, he is back and he wants to prove a point.

Mancini is no mug. Just about every manager in the League praised his stance and approach to the whole sorry saga. And we couldn't just let him rot in the reserves, because a professional player signed on a first team contract have to play a set minimum number of games of first team football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Mastadon

Banned
The blind, I don't even if I can call it hate (is it more jealousy?) is incredible. People don't want to see Tevez back in the City side because they know underneath the dickish attitude is a incredible, world class footballer. His record over last season and the one before was incredible, he was a world class striker and he still is. They don't want to see any more world class players at City, Tevez included. Maybe because they are worried of City having success which breeds more success?

Mancini is no mug. Just about every manager in the League praised his stance and approach to the whole sorry saga. And we couldn't just let him rot in the reserves, because a professional player signed on a first team contract have to play a set minimum number of games of first team football.

It's not jealousy. I think we all appreciate that Tevez is a fantastic player, but if you can't see how this situation could potentially have wide reaching negative implications on the game then I don't know what to say.

I honestly can't comprehend how City fans are so willing to forgive him for essentially abandoning the club for six months, and then trying so fucking hard to leave at the earliest opportunity. It smacks of desperation. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Liverpool.

Coates scoring it made it more awesome!

I think Kenny should go ahead and swap Coates and Carroll.

spidye

I still rate Hummels higher, but my God, is Badstuber becoming a good defender after all!
He was outstanding in the Gladbach match, he's becoming the leader of the defense line... van Gaal was so right after all, the dutch is insane but he really has a good eye for young talents.

I don't normally do this but I TOLD YOU guys. nobody wanted to listen

ElyrionX

This is incredible. Are you truly that narrow-minded to actually believe that people are only making these remarks because they are jealous of your team? And let's not forget that this very team that everyone is supposed to be jealous of has not accomplished anything of significance thus far. Besides, the whole damn world knows that your oil-funded club can go out there and buy over the entire Barca team if you really wanted to. So no one is under any delusion that you can easily replace Tevez with another equally skilled player if you so choose.

FootballFan

This is incredible. Are you truly that narrow-minded to actually believe that people are only making these remarks because they are jealous of your team? And let's not forget that this very team that everyone is supposed to be jealous of has not accomplished anything of significance thus far. Besides, the whole damn world knows that your oil-funded club can go out there and buy over the entire Barca team if you really wanted to. So no one is under any delusion that you can easily replace Tevez with another equally skilled player if you so choose.

Nah doubt it, Messi alone would be too much :p
Tevez is a great player no doubt, though he can be replaced(but not very easily)

Ahh good to see La Liga title is still up for grabs, not just that lame ass pichichi award lol.

My bad, was reading ipad/halfwatching the game.

gah. My brother does that every time he comes over to watch a game.

God dammit man, either watch the damn game or go back home and play on your iPad, you simply can't do both at the same time. For realz

Goals get scored or chances are missed and he's just tapping away there, I don't get it. o_O

Wilbur

Banned

God dammit man, either watch the damn game or go back home and play on your iPad, you simply can't do both at the same time. For realz

Goals get scored or chances are missed and he's just tapping away there, I don't get it. o_O

He doesn't support Madrid, I do this with every game but United games. Keep an eye on the match while on FM or on the phone

Messi

I was watching for a score, I don't support Madrid

He doesn't support Madrid, I do this with every game but United games. Keep an eye on the match while on FM or on the phone

Fair play to that I guess.

I guess it just annoys me because in my case he's always "OH OH IS THERE FOOTIE TONIGHT? I'M COMING OVER TO WATCH!!! "

And then he never watches anything other than maybe a goal replay. I'm just venting my own frustrations I guess.

I was watching for a score, I don't support Madrid

Fair enough mate. :)

zLiUs.jpg

Panucci should just put on the football kit again, can't be worse than Palermos current right backs. But well currently just a technical director, seems like he might end up being the coach though whenever Mutti gets sacked, Zamps says he is building for the future and to make everything smooth for the Arabs! Also dat bulge.

Bayern has more elves? http://i.imgur.com/sirgJ.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]We're in the same position :([/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]
yup, [B]10 times[/B] as much as Dortmund and they still complain about refs, lol.
The GD right now is 10 goals btw..

According to some Spanish newspapers Barca is eyeing [URL="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/christian-fuchs/profil/spieler_6636.html"]Christian Fuchs (Schalke, wingback)[/URL]
If true - wtf is wrong with Barca?? o_O

/edit
source: [url]http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/fuchs-siqueira-lista-recambios-del-barca-1572681[/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vrkb3.jpg

So, GAF being down yesterday...crazy? What were the reasons why?

Also, directed mainly at Clegg and Wilbury: The Black Keys were amazing. All of my worries about the concert were needless, and next time I see them I will absolutely be paying any price I must to get onto the floor. Also, I like their new album a lot more after seeing them perform those songs live. They started off with a few hits then went into a lot of their older music. About 45 minutes in they started playing some of their new album, and then finished off the initial show with Tighten Up and Lonely Boy. They played a 3-song encore which was the best part of the show. Auerbach knows how to fucking rock out and it is amazing to watch him play the guitar. Like I said, I will definitely be getting general admission tickets the next time I see them. My only complaint is that I don't think they played up the fact that it was a hometown show enough, but that's a minor gripe, and everything I've read suggests that they wouldn't anyways.

Found this:

417106_305884676133340_138589062862903_764380_1372230415_n.jpg

Yeah ok... assuming this is over the Premier League period, what the hell are those trophies that we have? They look like old second divison titles.

edit: Yeah that seems like a strangely selective period of trophy wins. Actually two selective periods, because it leaves out every FA Cup we've ever won.

Wilbur

Banned
So, GAF being down yesterday...crazy? What were the reasons why?

Also, directed mainly at Clegg and Wilbury: The Black Keys were amazing. All of my worries about the concert were needless, and next time I see them I will absolutely be paying any price I must to get onto the floor. Also, I like their new album a lot more after seeing them perform those songs live. They started off with a few hits then went into a lot of their older music. About 45 minutes in they started playing some of their new album, and then finished off the initial show with Tighten Up and Lonely Boy. They played a 3-song encore which was the best part of the show. Auerbach knows how to fucking rock out and it is amazing to watch him play the guitar. Like I said, I will definitely be getting general admission tickets the next time I see them. My only complaint is that I don't think they played up the fact that it was a hometown show enough, but that's a minor gripe, and everything I've read suggests that they wouldn't anyways.

YEAH BUDDY

I'm really looking forward to them now, cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom