• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

Casillas and Higuain are ok in my books.
But that is it for me.

So, not even Xabi Alonso or Ozil?

Anyways,
Position by position who has the bigger cunt:
GK: Casillas vs Valdes - Valdes by far
RB: Ramos vs Dani Alves - probably the toughest matchup, but I it has to go to Alves
CB: Pepe vs Pique - Pique has been a bit of a bitch in several games this season, but Pepe is the undisputed cunt of the world, so clearly he wins
LB: Marcelo vs Abidal - not sure, but probably Marcelo
CM: Xabi Alonso vs Busquets - Busquets obviously
FW: Ronaldo vs Messi - clearly Ronaldo is the bigger bitch, so that is close enough to a cunt
FW: Alexis/Pedro? vs Di Maria - Di Maria, dives but isn't even good at it

Ozil, Iniesta, Xavi - none are cunts

The final tally is: Barca 3 , Madrid 4
Looks like Madrid is better than Barca at something :'(

Noirulus

Call me a pessimist but I can't see Madrid keeping la liga with that schedule. The players will be tired as fuck and the last two matches are against Valencia and Atletico... APOEL will be tough for them with their recent form as well. And Mou had better never play Altintop again.

dschalter

Anyways,
RB: Ramos vs Dani Alves - probably the toughest matchup, but I it has to go to Alves
CB: Pepe vs Pique - Pique has been a bit of a bitch in several games this season, but Pepe is the undefeated cunt of the world, so clearly he wins
FW: Ronaldo vs Messi - clearly Ronaldo is the bigger bitch, so that is close enough to a cunt

some changes i'd make: xavi is actually quite annoying. marcelo is not just slightly cuntish, he's really bad and di maria is one of the most prolific divers in the world (i believe he won 9 (!) last season).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Anyways,
CB: Pepe vs Pique - Pique has been a bit of a bitch in several games this season, but Pepe is the undisputed cunt of the world, so clearly he wins

why the fuck does anyone care about this?

Noirulus

Sadly that is close to the truth. Nearly every players throws himself to the ground with any slight contact and over dramatize everything. Some of course much more than others but it's kind of pathetic, especially when you see your own team doing it.

I see your point but generally you can't really identify an entire team as divers. You see all those people bitching at, say, Barca for classless diving but it's typically only about 4 players on the team that pull that even though a few other players will play act at times as well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ugh, why can Spurs not take a corner properly? We must be the worst in the league from dead balls. We can't defend them either. We were OK-ish today but everybody seemed to be slightly sleepy, too many simple passes were being misplaced. Had we been slightly more alert we would have buried Stoke, we had 24 shots and 18 on target.

Salvadora

Ugh, why can Spurs not take a corner properly? We must be the worst in the league from dead balls. We can't defend them either. We were OK-ish today but everybody seemed to be slightly sleepy, too many simple passes were being misplaced. Had we been slightly more alert we would have buried Stoke, we had 24 shots and 18 on target.

Look at Liverpool.

FootballFan

Sadly that is close to the truth. Nearly every players throws himself to the ground with any slight contact and over dramatize everything. Some of course much more than others but it's kind of pathetic, especially when you see your own team doing it.

The thing about diving though is, if uefa/fifa/fa etc just made proper punishment for it, whether its video review after the match and ban the player for 1 game, or just fine them a big sum. Something like that would stop it or decrease the amount of times players do it.

Cause if diving earned you points in rugby, every rugby player would dive.
In football you can get a penalty, freekick or get someone sent off with a dive, that is a huge advantage and that is obviously why they dive. But with proper punishments in order(which will never happen) diving could be stopped.

It annoys me when Busquets, Pedro or Alves do it. But what can you do.

Just watched City vs Chelsea. What a hard fought game. I didn't think City was gonna pull it out there for the longest time but once Tevez went in they looked like a whole different team. I'm not seeing he was what made the difference but thats when it turned around for them. Vice versa for when Torres went out for Chelsea.

Fëanor

Who cares guys!

I just won the league in Fifa 12 yay!!

fifa2012-03-2119-23-5j1uxx.png

Fry

I have won 5 league titles in over 100 seasons. I have a positive record but I'm shit anyway. I'm better at cups, I have 10 in 15 tries.

Messi

So from listening to Radio Marca and hearing the audio.

Mourinho got kicked out for yelling to the ref: Solo Robais, Solo Robais = All you do is steal, all you do is steal.

Ozil was kicked out for as the ref report says: Clapping after I made a decision being sarcastic.

Madrid players went into the tunnel saying: Vaya Atraco, Vaya Atraco = Highway Robbery

It seems the Madrid press is actually taking the side of the ref and really getting on the players. Supposedly after the game Pepe cursed near the cameras and might face a fine by either the club or the league.

This all makes sense to me. I can see ozil getting a 2nd yellow for that. I assumed he had said something to the ref.

Anyone saying that the ref's are screwing real or barca is fucking crazy. both teams have games where stupid shit happens. Its because the refs in spain are CRAP.

brother sends me a text saying, 'I see real got robbed by the ref's again, uefalona' fucking idiot.

Fëanor

Thanks guys, but yes Division 1 is a bitch. I figure since the pool of players is smaller on PC competition isn't as tough as on consoles.

I do like playing cups instead, have some won 5 so far.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Couldn't resist getting Football Manager for $6 on Amazon. Anybody have any suggestions for a good League 2 side to manage?

sneaky77

barca bitch and moan about refs, madrid gets screwed 2 games straight

screwed? for a deserved red card? Wtf was Ramos doing should be your question.

Edit: When even the Madrid paper (Marca) says the red cards were deserved and that the ref fucked up not calling a pk with Villarreal I think is time to lay off the ref for not taking Mourinho's bs. Frankly I think all the conspiracy theories that Mourinho (and his rep) keep bringing up game after game after game after game, (win or lose or draw) are starting to make the players see ghosts and lose their mind when the refs makes a good call.

edit#2: I am sick and fucking tired that the two biggest teams with the biggest money spent yr after yr, feel the need to bitch about the refs constantly when frankly most of their decisions go their way when there is doubt.

Messi

screwed? for a deserved red card? Wtf was Ramos doing should be your question.

Edit: When even the Madrid paper (Marca) says the red cards were deserved and that the ref fucked up not calling a pk with Villarreal I think is time to lay off the ref for not taking Mourinho's bs. Frankly I think all the conspiracy theories that Mourinho (and his rep) keep bringing up game after game after game after game, (win or lose or draw) are starting to make the players see ghosts and lose their mind when the refs makes a good call.

edit#2: I am sick and fucking tired that the two biggest teams with the biggest money spent yr after yr, feel the need to bitch about the refs constantly when frankly most of their decisions go their way when there is doubt.

Bolded part is the biggest suprise for me. Usually Marca are the ones lighting the torches and getting the pitchforks.

Messi

Well it would be hard to say Ramos didn't deserve a second yellow I mean.. c'mon

I have no idea what he was thinking. I really don't. But I am not suprised when ramos does stuff like that.

Casillas had a sexy goalkeeper kit today, looked like the Real CL kit.

Edit: In the same way I am not suprised when Busquets dives.

elsk

Banned
I still rate Hummels higher, but my God, is Badstuber becoming a good defender after all!
He was outstanding in the Gladbach match, he's becoming the leader of the defense line... van Gaal was so right after all, the dutch is insane but he really has a good eye for young talents.

Alaba is amazing as LB so far too. As CM he sucked IMO, maybe in the future but right now he should stay in the wing, as full back (or/and left winger).

I'm glad the team is playing so well. We just need Schweini back to be at 100% again. Kroos is doing a fine job as CM, he still has to adapt to the position but overall I believe he should be the player to rotate in the CM position with Schweini. Kroos is too slow for the AM position in a team with Ribéry/Robben as wingers; Mueller can mix perfectly with those two more easily.

Gómez is still the player I hate the most in our starting XI. I want someone like Soldado.
I still rate Gómez as a very nice striker but a team like Bayern deserves to have a more complete striker. With Olic leaving in summer and Petersen going on loan is the perfect chance to bring a top striker like Soldado, Llorente or someone similar.

I hope everything goes alright against Marseille and we get the chance to send Real Madrid home as in our last encounter in CL.

Shorty

Banned
Sucks for Gladbach but as an Eintracht Frankfurt Fan I'm happy that the record of beating Bayern 3 times in 1 season hasn't been broken. Rooting for my hometown DORTMUND in the DFB cup final

offshore

The sad thing (or funny, depending on your view) is that Liverpool paid £35million for an actual striker who could never do that, even if his life depended on it.

Unbelievable goal, though. He better not do that on April 1st.

Kyoufu

The sad thing (or funny, depending on your view) is that Liverpool paid £35million for an actual striker who could never do that, even if his life depended on it.

Unbelievable goal, though. He better not do that on April 1st.

Carroll will score and nobody will believe it because it's April 1st.
KuGsj.gif

offshore

I don't think we have to worry about the possibility of Carroll scoring... :p

Although we're not really in a position to mock strikers of other teams. I got a good laugh out of this stat. I didn't realise it was this bad. Hopefully Cisse will keep on scoring and balance it out a bit.

MfzCm.png

offshore

I dunno, I'd say Mancini looks pretty f'cking clever right about now, what with Tevez' killer pass handing City victory. And it's not like Tevez just waltzed back into the team on his own accord, after all.

ElyrionX

I dunno, I'd say Mancini looks pretty f'cking clever right about now, what with Tevez' killer pass handing City victory. And it's not like Tevez just waltzed back into the team on his own accord, after all.

Ummmm OBVIOUSLY Tevez's onfield actions have helped Mancini and City directly. What I'm referring to is how Tevez did what he did and was still able to come back to the team at the end of it all despite all the very public displays of intolerance and attempts by the club to sell him. In a team filled with so many world-class players, the manager needs to maintain an iron grip or else he will get undermined by players who think they are bigger than the club. The way Tevez was deployed (at a crucial time in the game) and what he ended up doing (being vital in securing the goal) makes matters even worse. It sends all the wrong signals.

Mancini is an idiot.

We got an exciting league going on now though. April 30th can't come quick enough.

Amazed what to hear what happened to Liverpool. I went to bed thinking they won it 2-0. Crazy shit.

Good effort by Arsenal too.

Chelsea were disappointing overall last night. Didn't put the spirited fight they had to into it.

Also, can anybody gif Di-Matteo hugging Torres when he got subbed and Torres just being totally whatever-dude-fuck-off, please?

Salazar

Arrived at Heathrow. Luggage is missing.

Carrying on with my coat, wallet, and iPad. Anyone in Oxford want to drink moderately hard this evening ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom