• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

I remember badly dislocating my knee at indoor and asking for the ice.

Someone came back with a plastic bag of tapwater.

Spoilt bastard. When I was six our headmaster kicked the football (one of the old heavy ones) full in my face breaking my nose.

A stern man he instructed me to get back on my feet and play the game.

My nose is still slightly bent to this day.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Also this - http://spoughts.co.uk/2012/03/22/243/ was really good

Amitai wrote it if I'm correct? Very well written and sums up basically what's wrong with English media if not the game itself. The stuff about Rooney and Luiz was great

Awful blog name though hahaha, sounds like a type of potato

Thanks very much, I hope you read the other stuff as and when I put them up. My younger brother pointed out quite a few examples of players who fall/fell under the same problems, so I might do a supplementary piece.

Also the name is funny. I do the blog with my flatmates, but set it up myself. It is kind of my sense of humour, but in my head it is pronounced just like 'sports', because thoughts is pronounced in the same way. Then I realised I could get a good URL out of it.

Ok football GAF I got a bunch of games dvred to get caught up on. Which do I watch first? The choices:

Everton vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Stoke
Juventus vs AC Milan
Villareal vs Real Madrid
Racing Santander vs Sevilla
Napoli vs Siena

Clegg

Ok football GAF I got a bunch of games dvred to get caught up on. Which do I watch first? The choices:

Everton vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Stoke
Juventus vs AC Milan
Villareal vs Real Madrid
Racing Santander vs Sevilla
Napoli vs Siena

I'd go for this one first. There was plenty of drama in it.

Feorax

This was the Daily Mail's story last week. I believe Raheem signed a long term contract in December, didn't he?

I do recall him doing so, but there has been a lot of interest in him. Shelvey has looked quite unsettled recently too (not getting minutes and not able to go on loan).

Im not saying we should be looking to make these youngsters staples in our starting XI, but if you look at the state of our attack this season, you can't blame them for geting a bit restless by how little first team game time they are getting.

Recalling Jonjo from Blackpool seems pretty pointless at this moment in time.

Moobabe

Thanks very much, I hope you read the other stuff as and when I put them up. My younger brother pointed out quite a few examples of players who fall/fell under the same problems, so I might do a supplementary piece.

Also the name is funny. I do the blog with my flatmates, but set it up myself. It is kind of my sense of humour, but in my head it is pronounced just like 'sports', because thoughts is pronounced in the same way. Then I realised I could get a good URL out of it.

Cracking read buddy; really well thought out, and some really salient points about the English game.

elsk

Banned
2012 CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying Tournament

FT: El Salvador 0 - 0 Canada

Best players: Michal Misiewicz (GK - Canada), Jaime Alas (AM - El Salvador).

El Salvador was the better team, but they just can't score a freaking goal. The canadian goalkeeper was amazing, MOTM in my opinion.

Messi

I feel like trolling my brother very hard right now. Is trolling someone worth 20 euro?

I'd have to buy a kit. Which I am not against, I am quite for it actually. As it is quite sexy.

"It's being reported that Fabrice Muamba has been seen sitting up in bed wearing a "Get well soon Spurs" t-shirt"

looking forward to this weekend, some big matches and dodgy fixtures

can man city perform well away? at the rugby union called stoke?

are spurs finished entertaining gooners? i hope not.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Cracking read buddy; really well thought out, and some really salient points about the English game.

Thanks, this is the sort of stuff I've really been into recently. Linked on the blog is an exceptional read on tactics, Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid. Well worth the time spent on it.

Just to ensure, has everyone read Rob Smyth's piece on Abraham Klein? Probably the best thing I've read on football recently: http://t.co/JZZthlBt

Messi

All Napoli shirts are ugly. Buy a pink Palermo shirt and embrace your inner girl, Messi.

I work out in either of these:

nike-barcelona-2010-11-players-training-t-shirt-volt.jpg

sleeveless_soccer_shirt_training_top_2010_11.jpg

I am perfectly happy wearing pink, I like them even more than the yellow ones this season. I also have those in short sleeve and sleeveless.

Salazar

I do too, I'll keep you guys updated on when my shirts arrive. I am ordering 2 ive been looking at for a while and the other sexy troll shirt.

I was going to grab a shirt, but I now unexpectedly have to buy/hire a suit.

Which is probably for the best.

FootballFan

this has to be the fastest growing thread in the whole site.

Yeah it is pretty insane how quick it happens, my first post was in OT6 and that was about 25 days ago. So in those 25 days we finished the OT6 and have nearly 320 pages here lol(I have it on 50posts per page).

Oxx

I think NFL GAF during the season has us beat, but I don't know.

All pales in comparison to the madness of World Cup GAF.

FootballFan

I think NFL GAF during the season has us beat, but I don't know.

All pales in comparison to the madness of World Cup GAF.

Man the World Cup thread, that was insane. Even just lurking was awesome. The thread had to be deleted didn't it? Then individual threads for matches in the quarters/semis etc had to be made.

Is there any way to look back at that original WC thread?

neoanarch

Man the World Cup thread, that was insane. Even just lurking was awesome. The thread had to be deleted didn't it? Then individual threads for matches in the quarters/semis etc had to be made.

Is there any way to look back at that original WC thread?

its the reason we have a 20k cap on threads now.

xintin

So what happens for the 2014 WC?
Probably Have thread for Group Stage
Then Another for Round of 16
Then Quarters
etc

Euros could even overload that mark.
WC2010 was crippling GAF on a per-match basis, let alone per round. Those goddam flags and everyone begging for one every other post probably didnt help either.

dc89

Off topic:

When I ordered my Vita Play.com messed the order up and gave me a £20 code for future use to say sorry. Just ordered Game of Thrones Blu-ray and it cost me like £11 thanks to the voucher.

Have I made a good purchase, never watched it but heard so much about it!

FootballFan

nfl threads have new threads for every match day to cope with the posts

theres no limit on how many you can create

Oh really? Didn't know that. That's cool I guess. Easier to go back to particular moments too seeing as you would just need to find that match thread. (if that makes sense)

Carbonox

Joyous occasion today - get to have this troublesome wisdom tooth out.

On one hand I'm relieved but on the other hand I'm a bit nervous, mainly for having to live like a flid for the next day or two. Can't the sew the hole shut so that it speeds shit up? :lol

Mastadon

Banned
Joyous occasion today - get to have this troublesome wisdom tooth out.

On one hand I'm relieved but on the other hand I'm a bit nervous, mainly for having to live like a flid for the next day or two. Can't the sew the hole shut so that it speeds shit up? :lol

Just rub some salt into the hole once the teeth are out, it'll heal right up.

Promise.

So what happens for the 2014 WC?
Probably Have thread for Group Stage
Then Another for Round of 16
Then Quarters
etc

Euros could even overload that mark.

Can't wait for the Euros. This thread will be glorious.

I only just found about this recently because I never really visited off-topic. Actually this is the only thread I read here :p

So, rumors about Jan Kirchhoff (German U21 CB) joining either Bayern or Dortmund.

I'm going to be optimistic and say he's ours. He'll probably replace our lovely Santana, we all know about our good relations to Mainz. I totally approve of Kirchhoff, although I would take Felipe over him any day
and night to get a homoerotic touch in this thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom