• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Love me, Roberto! Nasri admits he needs a 'dad' at City to perform at his peak

Blues manager Roberto Mancini is not noted for his compassion. However, Nasri admitted he responds to an arm around the shoulder.
'I am someone who works with love,' he said. 'I like to have a dad with me, then I can give everything.

'That is what I am starting to feel here, that everyone is giving me the confidence - the owners and the manager.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ri-Roberto-Mancini-love-me.html#ixzz1pvq8siws

I can't believe he said that. Hopefully he actually means that he'll become better though.

Messi

I can't believe he said that. Hopefully he actually means that he'll become better though.

tumblr_ln1j9bWTtV1qg6sml.gif

I wonder how Mancini felt when he read that.

Carbonox

I just got back from the hospital and I feel violated. Stage one over. Stage two: awkward living and bleeding and shit commence.

I'm too scared to do anything in fear of affecting the blood clot. :lol Like, I don't want to move my mouth or even stand up or have a drink of water cos I'm too worried.

GorillaJu

lol.

I don't think it's circus mirror-grade photoshop.

Looks to me like increased saturation and contrast, and modified levels to amplify the reds, and some not so subtle use of the paint brush to give some rosy cheeks here and there.

Doesn't seem like a particularly classy thing to do but this is a RedCafe creation, no doubt?

I personally have never called Ferguson "whiskey nose" but I also admit that I won't ever call him "Fergie" or any name or abbreviation that involves or implies the title "sir." :p

Carbonex I must have missed it. What's wrong?

Salazar

I'm too scared to do anything in fear of affecting the blood clot. :lol

My sister-in-law was on her honeymoon holiday in Peru and she started having serious headaches. Debilitating ones, really. She got an emergency flight back to Australia, whereupon they discovered that she had a blood clot (the wrong word, really, because it was a linear obstruction) running up a major artery to her brain. They were amazed that she survived the flight.

Looks to me like increased saturation and contrast, and modified levels to amplify the reds, and some not so subtle use of the paint brush to give some rosy cheeks here and there.

Sounds like a Ninja Theory cutscene.

I just got back from the hospital and I feel violated. Stage one over. Stage two: awkward living and bleeding and shit commence.

I'm too scared to do anything in fear of affecting the blood clot. :lol Like, I don't want to move my mouth or even stand up or have a drink of water cos I'm too worried.
Not having read your second sentence I was thinking you were talking about something completely different.

And I was disgusted.

Carbonox

Carbonex I must have missed it. What's wrong?

I had a buggered wisdom tooth removed. The procedure was painless (though felt weird due to the pushing and prodding and cracking) but the fun begins after when you have to take care of the wound and ensure that you don't affect the blood clot (something about dry socket if the clot falls out). They sewed the wound though which will help but now I'm too worried about doing something wrong (either through drinking or eating) that could affect it, hahaha.

GorillaJu

I had a buggered wisdom tooth removed. The procedure was painless (though felt weird due to the pushing and prodding and cracking) but the fun begins after when you have to take care of the wound and ensure that you don't affect the blood clot (something about dry socket if the clot falls out). They sewed the wound though which will help but now I'm too worried about doing something wrong (either through drinking or eating) that could affect it, hahaha.

Ahh okay. That kind of blood clot. Best of luck to you. I haven't had my wisdoms pulled but I'm certain it'll need to happen sooner rather than later

Well I love when 'fans' think their beyond reproach for reposting some grade school caliber joke. Its a tired joke and borderline offensive/homophobic.
Homophobic?
KuGsj.gif
yeah, because everybody who calls him "Queen Kenny" is obviously referring to the well publicised homosexual exploits of Kenny Dalglish and not just poking fun because the Liverpool fans call him "King". Get out of here.

Edit: I also love how you've called the fandom of people who banter a bit in to question.

Fry

I may need a root canal treatment. So we're kind of in the same boat, bro.

Salazar

Hmmm. A Sunday league team got spanked 58-0.

"Lewis Parker, 60, who plays for Nova 2010, said: 'a lot of the players didn't turn up, so we expected to lose, but not by that much'".

"Stuart Bowker, 21, said: 'At 50-0, they'd had enough, but the referee told them they must carry on playing or they would risk being fined'".

Carbonox

I may need a root canal treatment. So we're kind of in the same boat, bro.

My friend said that a root canal treatment is not a very pleasant experience, haha. I still don't even know what it entails, though that's because I don't want to look it up in fear of finding out horrible gory details. :lol

GorillaJu

Mine was fine. The worst bit was the anaesthetic injections.

Those don't bother me so much personally, I have a pretty high threshold for those kinds of sharp stings. Except when I got a good 3 or 4 of them right into the top ridge of my big toe for ingrown toenail surgery. That was balls.

WJD

So I'm considering doing a couple of coaching courses through my county FA...

Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Those don't bother me so much personally, I have a pretty high threshold for those kinds of sharp stings. Except when I got a good 3 or 4 of them right into the top ridge of my big toe for ingrown toenail surgery. That was balls.

Oh god oh god oh god.

I always spend 4-5 hours after any football session convincing myself that I don't have an ingrown toenail and you're not helping my incessant denial!

Wilbur

Banned

Oh god oh god oh god.

I always spend 4-5 hours after any football session convincing myself that I don't have an ingrown toenail and you're not helping my incessant denial!

I was thinking about doing this as well, doing the McDonalds scheme but is it worth it?

Carbonox

Oh god oh god oh god.

When I was younger and had an ingrown toenail, I didn't tell anyone and did a DIY job of fixing the shit myself by picking away at the nail and skin to try and prise the fucker away. Never again.

Oh but it worked though. :lol

neoanarch

Homophobic?
KuGsj.gif
yeah, because everybody who calls him "Queen Kenny" is obviously referring to the well publicised homosexual exploits of Kenny Dalglish and not just poking fun because the Liverpool fans call him "King". Get out of here.

Edit: I also love how you've called the fandom of people who banter a bit in to question.

Calling into question the masculinity of a man with the word "queen"; and I'm sure you're aware of the use both in and against the gay community. With how rampant homophobia in football is you don't think it might be slightly offensive, and meant to be? But honestly I'm more offended by dogleash, Just terrible.

Calling into question the masculinity of a man with the word "queen"; and I'm sure you're aware of the use both in and against the gay community. With how rampant homophobia in football is you don't think it might be slightly offensive, and meant to be? But honestly I'm more offended by dogleash, Just terrible.
And you genuinely think that when people say "Queen Kenny" it's because they're calling his masculinity in to question and not just to poke fun and be contrary, given the fact that his fans call him King? You really think that? Wow.

I've not seen you in this thread before, and let me tell you, in all the times I've seen "Queen Kenny" thrown out there (and there have been a few let me tell you), you're the first to have a problem with it, and you're the first to assume it was used in a homophobic manner. You're either a troll or a massive cock.

Also, I didn't realise we had to throw out incredible zingers or not banter at all. But I'm glad you're here now to sort us out.

I'm not sure even, say, Seep or FuturusX would go in to bat for Kenny like this.
Every now and then a pioneer comes in to the football thread and we just have to accept it.

GorillaJu

Oh god oh god oh god.

I had mine taken care of permanently on the left.

I get 'em really easily. Epsom salt soaks work wonders. I've managed to keep the right side in shape through straight trims and Epsom salt soaks.

WJD

I was thinking about doing this as well, doing the McDonalds scheme but is it worth it?

Well I was thinking of aiming for towards working with kids (steady!) and then maybe applying for Camp America next year or something to coach some real football to all the yankee kids!

Haven't looked at McDonalds scheme though - I'm just looking at my county site.

Manager

Sir Alex spoke about Patrick Vieira's 'United are desperate' comments in his press conference: "If it’s desperation bringing the best midfielder in Britain back for the last 20 years [Paul Scholes] then I think we can accept that. I think he was programmed for that. Roberto [Mancini] had a wee dig a couple of weeks back. We’re all going to play our hand that way. There will be plenty of ammunition for that.

"I think the point Vieira makes about Ravel Morrison and losing our young players – we wanted to sell him let’s be clear about that for obvious reasons. But we want Pogba to stay because we think he’s going to be a fantastic Manchester United player and hopefully that’s the case.

"If you talk about desperation… City played a player the other night who refused to go on the pitch and the manager said he’d never play again and he takes a five-month holiday in Argentina…what is that? Could that come under the description of desperation? There will be plenty of ammunition don’t worry."

oh he mad

Unfortunately he said some good things. As I said before, Vieira was 3 months late with his comments.

Wilbur

Banned
While Fergie doesn't have to act like a passive aggressive old buffoon at times, I completely agree with everything he says there.

Hixx

Speaking of that bell, he got off having his license suspended for going over 12 pts because he said it would put Stoke in jeopardy of relegation and people would lose their jobs and the city would suffer; he couldn't get a chauffeur incase they overheard any transfer talk, leaked it and jeopardized it
KuGsj.gif

Manager

While Fergie doesn't have to act like a passive aggressive old buffoon at times, I completely agree with everything he says there.

Vieira started it, out of nowhere. Completely unnecessary and the quotes themselves were very dumb. Ferguson did it very smart.

As I said before, it WAS a sign of weakness to return Scholes, no one had any idea where he stood ability wise. Which was said in January. But, then United went on to win more or less all matches with him. To say those kinds of stuff after that is beyond stupidity.

The Tevez comment is perfect.

Vieira bent over with his pants down for that, open goal. Ferguson has waited five months to say that.

Wilbur

Banned
Vieira started it, out of nowhere. Completely unnecessary and the quotes themselves were very dumb. Ferguson did it very smart.

As I said before, it WAS a sign of weakness to return Scholes, no one had any idea where he stood ability wise. Which was said in January. But, then United went on to win more or less all matches with him. To say those kinds of stuff after that is beyond stupidity.

Vieira bent over with his pants down for that, open goal. Ferguson has waited five months to say that.

I thought Scholes was going to backfire but it's turned out brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom