• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we'll need a Scholes replacement too. We needed one when he retired last season, his return is only papering over the crack. A new fullback is also a requirement.

I've no idea how much money we have to spend though. We'll get £5-8 million for Berba and will also save a lot in wages too. Another £30-40m will still have to be spent though. Don't know where it's going to come from.

If we can get £10m for Berba that's a great deal (yeah yeah £30m). I would say outs will be:

Scholes
Berba
Kuszczak

Park will stay for a year or two longer to provide cover, Rio will be phased out soonish I'd say and stay on like Giggs being an experienced head. We need Evra to either up his game or Fabio to take over, otherwise a left back is a must. I'd say we need another striker if Berba's going and Owen decides to get tumblr, because I've given up hope with Macheda. Rooney - Chicha - Welbeck is a hell of a front three but we'll definitely need another one.

And two centre midfielders. Carrick and Cleverley should be mainstays next season but I have lots of doubts about Anderson.

If we can get £10m for Berba that's a great deal (yeah yeah £30m). I would say outs will be:

Scholes
Berba
Kuszczak

Park will stay for a year or two longer to provide cover, Rio will be phased out soonish I'd say and stay on like Giggs being an experienced head. We need Evra to either up his game or Fabio to take over, otherwise a left back is a must. I'd say we need another striker if Berba's going and Owen decides to get tumblr, because I've given up hope with Macheda. Rooney - Chicha - Welbeck is a hell of a front three but we'll definitely need another one.

And two centre midfielders. Carrick and Cleverley should be mainstays next season but I have lots of doubts about Anderson.

Oh yeah, I'd sell off Ando now on the basis of:

1. Pog
2. Injury prone

ElyrionX

Spot on remarks from Ferguson. Mancini is an utter idiot; never going to play for City again my ass.

And let's be clear about things. I fully agree with Viera with regards to Scholes. It was desperation on our part. Even though it ended up turning out well for us, you can't deny the dire state of our midfield when he was brought back.

Clegg

Scholes
Berba
Kuszczak

I had genuinely forgotten about PIG.

I have very little faith in Anderson. He follows the same cycle every season. Start well-Get injured-Come back fat-Play crap for rest of season. He hasn't really progressed in the 4 years he's been at United. Next season may be his last if he doesn't improve.We still need a new midfielder this summer anyway.

Rad-

I have always liked Anderson but his injury proneness is starting to get on my nerves. I'd still give him one more season though.

Same for Nani and his inconsistency. He doesn't seem to get rid of it.

Blablurn

wolfsburg - hamburg is gonna be an interesting game tonight. wolfsburg wants one of the europa league spots and hamburg has to win to avoid the relegation spots.

Wilbur

Banned
I have always liked Anderson but his injury proneness is starting to get on my nerves. I'd still give him one more season though.

But the alternative is Ashley Young...

cry.gif

elsk

Banned
wolfsburg - hamburg is gonna be an interesting game tonight. wolfsburg wants one of the europa league spots and hamburg has to win to avoid the relegation spots.

I hate them both, hoping for a draw. MWHAHAHAHAHA.
But seriously, they can't let Magath get a EL spot!

But United GAF told me that Nani is the best winger in the league. So obviously you are wrong with your assessment.

Meier

Boy, United have an easy couple games ahead of them. Fulham show moments every now and again but that's followed up with Wigan, QPR, Blackburn and Villa. Road is paved with gold.

Salazar

Road is paved with gold.

I'd love to think so. Valencia should lift the number of attacking chances we get. It's to be hoped that Young looks over at him and thinks that maybe he should try a little of the same thing. Which is to say, run forward, fast, and cross, pass, or shoot with attack in mind.

This much should be obvious to a winger.

Like it should be clear to Phoenix Fang that numpty-standard trolling belongs elsewhere.

Bo-Locks

I really hate people saying that the upcoming games are easy. It's guaranteed that United and City will drop points from "easy" games from now until the end of the season.

kharma45

Scholes
Berba
Kuszczak

Part of me thinks Scholes might stay on for another year, but I guess it's ultimately up to him. Performance wise if he can maintain the level he's playing at no reason why not.

Berba, Anderson and PIG will go this summer ideally, Macheda too.

If someone gave us a decent offer for Evra I'd let him go too.

I really hate people saying that the upcoming games are easy. It's guaranteed that United and City will drop points from "easy" games from now until the end of the season.
Same, plus, this United team could be beaten on any day. With some previous teams I got the feeling we just wouldn't lose at times, now I know we could lose any game.

Before City beat Chelsea I looked at the fixtures and thought, yeah, we've got the upperhand here. Now I look at them and I'm not so sure. No doubt ours do look the better ones but it's all about momentum.

Do people actually think Nani is that impressive to put him on the top three in the PL? Only people who seem to think that is United fans and my proof is in this topic alone.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think anyone's disputed he's not in the top three anyway. One or two of us, probably me included said he was the best, and people disputed that. But if Valencia and Bale are the two best wingers, and Silva tends to play more centrally than wide, who is a better wide midfielder than Nani?

I don't think anyone's disputed he's not in the top three anyway. One or two of us, probably me included said he was the best, and people disputed that. But if Valencia and Bale are the two best wingers, and Silva tends to play more centrally than wide, who is a better wide midfielder than Nani?

Nathan Dyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom