• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it wrong by Silva to drift inwards? He's still a winger by position. Nani not drifting inwards doesn't have to be a strength.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I was talking about players who primarily position themselves out wide, i.e. Valencia and Bale. Nani fits that a little more for me than Silva.

Zabojnik

12 mil€ we spent for this guy. I'm glad he's enjoying his stay in Turin.

29183_1444602522717_1462759146_1198036_49213_n.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Anyway, regardless of whether anyone agrees or not, it's nice to see them engage in debate that doesn't have to end in baiting and the dismissal of an entire fan base.

WJD

Surely the fact that most United fans are saying he's had a relatively poor season while still notching up 8 goals and 12 assists is testament to Nani's overall quality.

PD is a terrible poster though; luckily most of our other resident scousers are good enough posters to compensate.

Wilbur

Banned
Surely the fact that most United fans are saying he's had a relatively poor season while still notching up 8 goals and 12 assists is testament to Nani's overall quality.

PD is a terrible poster though; luckily most of our other resident scousers are good enough posters to compensate.

This and this.

And Yurt ZOMG NO WAI! Well done! What you doing there?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This and this.

And Yurt ZOMG NO WAI! Well done! What you doing there?

I HAVE NO IDEA!
Kuwait Oil Company

Back on topic: I like Nani! One of the best wingers in England, slightly selfish..but it's part of his magic!
But I hate his face

WJD

Isn't the problem with Nani is that there are some games he's completely anonymous in?

He's been like that this season (was consistently immense last season) but I'll attempt to justify that by saying he's been in and out the team a bit with injuries and he doesn't seem to cope well with getting back into the swing of things after an injury.

Carbonox

I think Newcastle could benefit with a good natural winger though our strength lays in the amount of players who can chip in on the wings.

Gutierrez is a great attacking player but his strengths lay in the fact that he's a good defender as well. He only has 3 goals and 4 assists this season, though he can make shit happen.

Ben Arfa is more of a natural winger and has been somewhat potent in 21 appearances, with 4 goals and 3 assists. For his first full season in the league, it's not bad given many were short sub appearances. He can still improve a lot more though. Next season I will expect a fair bit from him.

Ryan Taylor has 3 goals and 6 assists.

Obertan has 1 goal and 6 assists.

Those 4 players have provided half of our goals for the season.

WJD

I think Newcastle could benefit with a good natural winger though our strength lays in the amount of players who can chip in on the wings.

Gutierrez is a great attacking player but his strengths lay in the fact that he's a good defender as well. He only has 3 goals and 4 assists this season, though he can make shit happen.

Ben Arfa is more of a natural winger and has been somewhat potent in 21 appearances, with 4 goals and 3 assists. For his first full season in the league, it's not bad given many were short sub appearances. He can still improve a lot more though. Next season I will expect a fair bit from him.

Ryan Taylor has 3 goals and 6 assists.

Obertan has 1 goal and 6 assists.

Those 4 players have provided half of our goals for the season.

I managed to sign Gaitan for £9.5 as Newcastle on FM.

You should try that.

Lightning

Banned
Villa have a decent record against us so I am a little nervous. I really want a Arsenal win and a draw or loss to Chelsea in the Spurs vs Chelsea game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Previous encounters between Juventus and Inter in Turin:
54 victories, 14 draws and 10 defeats.

JkUu3.gif
JkUu3.gif
JkUu3.gif

Inter are officially a mid-table team now, so that's bad news for us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
oh lol. look at this guy
http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/mueller-kind-bett-16805357_mbqf-1320320112-20807378/2,h=343.bild.jpg[img]

can someone guess who's that kid now without looking at the pic name?[/QUOTE]

mueller kind bett!

Can you imagine if Mancini had gone off on one like Fergie has. People would say he's doing a KK.

Can you imagine if Fergie had said a player will never play for him again and then relented? People would say he's weak.

Ferguson has never had to deal with that situation so we'll never know. When Rooney threatened to leave I thought he'd be transfer listed but didn't take Fergie long to give in to his demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom