• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

app_full_proxy.php

Worlds greatest midfielder

Cleverly?

Clegg

So I missed the argument earlier but I think that Nani when on form is a better winger than Valencia.

He is imo a top 3 in the league winger. He can be a bit of a twat and is inconsistent, but when on form there are very few who are better.

Splatt

So I missed the argument earlier but I think that Nani when on form is a better winger than Valencia.

He is imo a top 3 in the league winger. He can be a bit of a twat and is inconsistent, but when on form there are very few who are better.

His decision making is horrible. He does everything right except for the last part. He really must work on that.

I think 4 or 5 minutes would've been more accurate.

The Aimar red card and the injury to Olhanense's keeper were the only main stoppages from what I saw. Then again I was browsing the web, game was on for background noise. :D

Well in Porto-Academica there was more then 15 minutes of dead time and all we got was 5 minutes, and there was more dead time during those 5 minutes -.-

Not entirely shock a Benfica match with a draw score manages to get 7.

Warning Im going to be moaning a lot tomorrow after we get dicked by Bolton and Sunderland do a Liverpool and let QPR beat them.

Oh and apart from Ba I refuse to believe there is a better value signing than Yakubu this year 14 goals in 21 games, did I just praise kean?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What's all this about Charlie Adam being out for the rest of the season? Is it true?

Anyway, regardless of whether anyone agrees or not, it's nice to see them engage in debate that doesn't have to end in baiting and the dismissal of an entire fan base.

I had a long post ready to submit but accidentally hit the back button and can't be bothered to type it up again. In short, no I don't think all United fans are twats and I never once said that I think United fans said he was the best. I'm quite sure I said I don't rate him that high and I don't see why you guys rate him so high.

Anyway feeling a bit tired from the 8 shots of JD and 3 shots of Brandy I had tonight. I'll see if I can remember what I was going to say and type it down again. Also you and someone else seem to love baiting Liverpool fans but don't see to like it when people do it to you. Quite a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

What's all this about Charlie Adam being out for the rest of the season? Is it true?

Good news for Liverpool they might start to go on a winning run.

I had a long post ready to submit but accidentally hit the back button and can't be bothered to type it up again. In short, no I don't think all United fans are twats and I never once said that I think United fans said he was the best. I'm quite sure I said I don't rate him that high and I don't see why you guys rate him so high.

Anyway feeling a bit tired from the 8 shots of JD and 3 shots of Brandy I had tonight. I'll see if I can remember what I was going to say and type it down again. Also you and someone else seem to love baiting Liverpool fans but don't see to like it when people do it to you. Quite a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

Did you touch Monica Bellucci yet?

Wilbur

Banned

Nah, I don't love that. I like almost every Liverpool fan here. I think once I've had a tiny altercation and that was after the QPR match the other day. I think I get on with everyone else, and it's probably the only time I've revelled in their defeat; as much because of the circumstances than anything else.

And also, this is what you've said:

Thanks for proving you are the only ones who think he is the best in the EPL.

it's funny because I can talk to any other fans of any other clubs and they would be reasonably, but you United fans are dense. I don't remember ever having a problem with fans of other teams in the NFL and the NBA. But moving to this country, United fans are one directional.

Clegg

Does Andy Carroll still have a future at Liverpool or should they try to get rid of him in the summer? IMO it's not looking good for him.

Does Andy Carroll still have a future at Liverpool or should they try to get rid of him in the summer? IMO it's not looking good for him.

I think he is a young player and should be given the chance. When it comes to young players, I think they should be given a chance instead of just getting rid of them. I made that mistake when I used to think Lucas was the worst player in the league and the guy made me eat crow. Because of that I've learned to be more lenient with players who are still young and learning the trade. Players who are supposedly in their prime (i.e. Adam, Downing) have no excuse. Although I will admit that Downing has been playing average the last few games instead of his usual below mediocre games.

elseanio

If we got Carroll for £5m, I'd still be wanting rid this summer. I think he's just a terrible player. His movement off the ball and general lack of effort is so infuriating. He will never fit into our style of play, and we wont change it for him. He was 100% a panic buy, and we should just admit that and move on.

It's down to Kenny though, and he wont sell him this summer unless Carroll personally wants out.

Wilbur

Banned
I like him. I think it's the wrong move for him but I do think he has talent. Just needs to play for a different club that'll play to his strengths.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36297089&postcount=9406

http://i.minus.com/ig0WG4KAKDcqi.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.minus.com/i4n5vvX61chYL.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/ih4UQSL7TYQ9K.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibk5XDDjqUHd1J.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iojdRyIFejGei.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibhm1K7WhuTuta.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/iEEcAuk67L5EZ.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/i8OZYnveCQThm.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/isf3wR0fNsE3F.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Paedogeddon.

Clegg

I think he is a young player and should be given the chance. When it comes to young players, I think they should be given a chance instead of just getting rid of them. I made that mistake when I used to think Lucas was the worst player in the league and the guy made me eat crow. Because of that I've learned to be more lenient with players who are still young and learning the trade. Players who are supposedly in their prime (i.e. Adam, Downing) have no excuse. Although I will admit that Downing has been playing average the last few games instead of his usual below mediocre games.

If we got Carroll for £5m, I'd still be wanting rid this summer. I think he's just a terrible player. His movement off the ball and general lack of effort is so infuriating. He will never fit into our style of play, and we wont change it for him. He was 100% a panic buy, and we should just admit that and move on.

It's down to Kenny though, and he wont sell him this summer unless Carroll personally wants out.
I have to agree with elseanio on this one. Carroll just hasn't performed to the standard that Liverpool require. Downing hasn't helped the with Carroll situation either. He can't beat a man and he can't cross the ball for Carroll. He's been an even bigger failure than Carroll imo. A winger who could actually cross the ball might improve Carrolls goal scoring but that would require another £15-20 to be spent. I'm not sure Liverpool would be willing to spend that money in the hope that Carroll would improve.

Phoenix, giving youth the benefit of the doubt is the right thing to do. Players develop at different rates and it takes a while before you see the best out of them. But sometimes you just have to admit that certain players will never reach the level you want them to. The best example from Liverpool that I can think of is Ryan Babel. There was a huge amount of hype surrounding him when he signed. He was ok during his first season and I'm sure many Liverpool fans thought he would kick on and improve, but that never came. Sometimes clubs should just cut their losses and try to regain as much of the transfer fee as possible.

Messi

Damn! Look at him! Oozing suave and charm.

It's the hands on the knee that do it. Without that, charmless.

US Bluray FootieGAF, did you guys see HBO announced that True Blood season 4 (Coming out May 29th) will have Digital Copies of each episode/a dvd copy along with the blu-ray. For the ass schorchingly high price of 89.99 (best buy has this price for preorder as does the HBO store) no other option without that crap. Which means I am not buying that bluray, even though I am dying to see the new season.

Also, does anyone from the US feel like giving me a rough idea of when breaking bad is back for its new season, but more importantly when will the season 4 blu be out. I realllly hope its before june. Dying to see season 4.

some more, messi

E8sxc.jpg
trJEP.jpg
iimf3.jpg
ZgLHe.jpg

Oh missed these, cheers for these. The first/second ones was pretty much what I was looking for.

Edit: More LaLiga action tomorrow, is it wrong to pray for another Madrid draw? They will never let it happen. I predict 5-1 or 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom