• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Let the Caribbean teams form their own confederation please. North and Central America should play in CONMEBOL.

Great start for Mexico if only for the motivation standpoint. The true test for this team will be Honduras.
Are they still 11vs.11? I'm watching it now.
The match was surprisingly card-free. No reds.

elsk

Banned
Let the Caribbean teams form their own confederation please. North and Central America should play in CONMEBOL.

Great start for Mexico if only for the motivation standpoint. The true test for this team will be Honduras.

Seriously. Those caribbean countries are holding the CONCACAF back. They just don't give a shit about football. Moving North and Central America to CONMEBOL would be the best decision. And let the caribbean have a shitty confederation with half ticket, like Oceania.

I'm not expecting much from Honduras vs. México. We always play like shit in the important matches. And also we got a #10 like Fabián (not as good, obviously) in Alexander López (third goal) but the fucking manager is using a 4-4-2 so he has to play as winger...

Lightning

Banned
It would be interesting if Guardiola went to Chelsea. It would be a good test of his coaching abilities as the Chelsea squad does not have the endless talent of the Barcelona squad and a lot of deadwood needs to be moved out so it interesting to see, imo.

Still don't think he would go to Chelsea though...

elsk

Banned
Why would Guardiola want to ruin his reputation? He's obviously going to stay at Barcelona until the Spanish manager job is available.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm not expecting much from Honduras vs. México. We always play like shit in the important matches. And also we got a #10 like Fabián (not as good, obviously) in Alexander López (third goal) but the fucking manager is using a 4-4-2 so he has to play as winger...
Honduras has always made life difficult for Mexico, so I wouldn't be pessimistic if I were in your place. Not to mention some of our players may have got injured from the Trinidadian attack...

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

Hmmm...nah, the nads would get creamed most often, centries would get decimated and Mexico is the only one that'll make it out alive barely.

also, I do wish there were red cards. 2-3 of teabags players should've been sent off for their obvious killing intent. Goddamn ref gave everyone a pass.

Anyways, hopefully Mexico pulls thru past Honduras this weekend and our defense acts like goalies cuz Liborio can't clear for shit as well as has butter on his gloves..

Oxx

Would Spain be a good fit for Guardiola? Seems like it could ignite the tensions between the Madrid and Barca factions in the squad.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Anyways, hopefully Mexico pulls thru past Honduras this weekend and our defense acts like goalies cuz Liborio can't clear for shit as well as has butter on his gloves..
He had very little to do in this game. T&T's goal was more of Chatón's fault than his.

Fady K

A pretty dull performance against City thanks to Ramires, Lampard, and Meireles not knowing what to do with the ball the whole damn time. Credit to Torres and the defenders, they did GREAT. Mata could have easily buried it in after Torres gave him an excellent assist.

Losing 2-1 at Etihad because of a penalty (felt it was a bit harsh on Essien) and a well taken goal doesn't hurt. I'm also very happy for City; it would feel horrible if United were able to not be tense while trying to get their 20th title. I hope City keep the pressure on the whole way and get it in the end to make this PL season different for a change.

Also, Tevez, great return. Hope he doesn't screw up again, because his excellent assist for now has given City some vital, vital points.

Liverpool, no comment there :/

Tottenham, how did you not beat Stoke?

Blackburn, what a surprise. Happy for Jeff! Sunderland ain't easy at all.

Arsenal doing well yet again, what a far cry from the start of the season. Great stuff.

Messi making history for Barca in the same week that Madrid drop 2 points.

I'm excited for the derby against Tottenham today. Good luck to both teams.

Happy birthday, Faridmon.

Happy belated bday bro, haven't been in the thread for a while! How old are you now?

join the Barca crew, only the coolest are in, me, Fady, Messi, Error, Sunhi etc

<3 <3

Fady cheats though! He supports two teams! :lol

That's not cheating, I support 3! Although Copenhagen will always be above Chelsea and Palermo for me that doesn't mean I don't love the latter.

That's how I feel for Barca and Chelsea folks! Which will only make for quite an odd match if they play each other in the semis of the CL!

Of course Fady likes Barca and Chelsea. Busquets and Drogba are cut from the same cloth. :p

Haha! It's too bad Drogba had to pull a Busquets; otherwise he was immense in that game.

MESSSSSSSSSSSSSI FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
TOP SCORER IN BARCELONAS HISTORY. Great goal. Yes!!!

3-2 !!

It's beautiful that we got to see history being made in this match :] And he's only 24.

3509466_460s.jpg

9gag has devoted quite a bit of attention towards Torres lately.

I actually really want Torres to stay :p I have been enjoying his performances this season for the most part! He's been very effective. And he was among the best from the Chelsea side against City. He was better than Mata, and that's saying something.

Semi-accepted a job offer in....Kuwait. Terrified would be an understatement.
JkUu3.gif

Oh man, if only you got a job in the UAE instead :[ I hope it works out for you bro :) I hear Kuwait is very peaceful these days, no worries. BTW Yurt where are you from?

Wow, that's awesome! Being a fan of a player as a kid then growing up to play with him and being effective at it - SURREAL.

FootballFan

^^oh hi Fady, doing a multi-quote post like you, just less quotes :p

And that Villareal/Madrid match was .. interesting. I think that was more yellow and red cards in one game than I've seen in all the games I've watched combined. Plus I never saw coaches get the boot yet. And I think a guy got a card after the game was over. That ref had a real Napolean complex going on.

Entertainment at its best. :p
You are just lost in moments where the ref is going on a frenzy, you just gotta watch and enjoy lol.

Edit: More LaLiga action tomorrow, is it wrong to pray for another Madrid draw? They will never let it happen. I predict 5-1 or 6-1

Yeah pretty sure they will beat Sociedad by 3 or 4 goals. With all the suspensions and drama I wish they had to play someone tougher like Bilbao away, Valencia or Osasuna away.

It would be interesting if Guardiola went to Chelsea. It would be a good test of his coaching abilities as the Chelsea squad does not have the endless talent of the Barcelona squad and a lot of deadwood needs to be moved out so it interesting to see, imo.

Still don't think he would go to Chelsea though...

I love Pep cause he is not afraid to do what he wants. He was a new coach coming from Barca B(having just promoted them to the 2nd division in Spain) and didn't hesitate to kick out King Ronnie, Deco, Edmilson, wanted to remove Eto'o too. Bring in players like Pique, Pedro, Alves, Keita and Busquets. While putting Messi in a central role upfront(we all know how this turned out).

His style that he brought too, Barca always had the passing technical football but he forced possession play like no other. Some matches ending with us having 80% + possession. (this obviously makes up for defending. The other team has to score with less than 40% sometimes 30% possession.) And the relentless pressure he has put into the system when possession is lost, lose the ball? Go get it back asap, all of you.

But I do agree with you, Chelsea would probably not be the right team for him. Arsenal, Roma, Bilbao, Valencia, Spain, Milan etc would suit him much more. You can't just teach Stoke to play possession football lol.

dc89

Another brilliant Fady multi quote post! I agree, losing 2-1 at the Etihad due to a penalty is not a disaster. City have turned that ground in to a fortress and very few teams go there and come away with a draw or a win!

:O FADY! Today I'm going to go and buy Messi Effect 3! I have Game of Thrones coming on Blu-ray too so I'm in for a good day of entertainment with City playing in the late afternoon!

:D:D

Who watched sports relief last night? I did and donated £10, felt good man! Also really happy as a City fan to see our supporters rose and donated more money than the actual PREMIER LEAGUE! Over £250,000. The Santa Stroll is a brilliant charity event:

Multiple%20Santas.ashx

Joe

Zamparini: "In the future will we have friendlies in the US like the big teams do to satisfy the many #Palermo fans around the world? I tell these fans that I really think in the next few years there'll truly be this opportunity [to play in the USA] because a very important marketing person already famous due to his international tv experience will join #Palermo. This [marketing] figure will guarantee many opportunities in that sense in the future to play in China, the USA & other places."

yayyyyy!

Messi

Why would Guardiola want to ruin his reputation? He's obviously going to stay at Barcelona until the Spanish manager job is available.

I am starting to think pep is not signing the contract to keep the press off the players and on him.

Fady is like the nicest football fan in history.

I await the day he snaps it will be like when Dion Dublin nutted Robbie Savage

I think it may be time to bring out the shorts

Messi

Its like fady has no frame of reference for hate in football. Its like he loves everyone. He is awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maradona:"The rebirth of Juventus is to me the highlight of the season."

Marchisio is a true Juventino. I'm glad that our next one club player will be him. Future Captain :D

Going to Qatar, Yurt? Does this have anything to do with our new corporate sponsor next year, Qatar Airways?

<3 Marchisio. The armband should go like this though -> 1-Buffon 2-Chiellini 3-Marchisio.

Kuwait!

-
Hey Fady :D PM sent ;)

dc89

DLaaa.jpg

GET! Game of Thrones just dropped thanks to the mail man!

Girlfriend has gone to work, it's just me, GAF, those two items and football. What a day.

Oxx

If the tail-end of AVB's reign couldn't break Fady, I don't know what will.

Maybe if Chelsea get screwed out of the Champions League against Barcelona again...

Would Spain be a good fit for Guardiola? Seems like it could ignite the tensions between the Madrid and Barca factions in the squad.

Only Madrid's players are twattish enough to refuse to shut the fuck up and do what Guardiola says. In a logical world, they'd recognise his ability and the success of his methods, and act accordingly. In a post-Mourinho world though, I'm not so sure. I think Alonso and Casillas have their heads straight enough, wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Ramos tried a bit of sabotage though. Guardiola's strong enough to deal with anyone who tries to pull any Chelsea circa-2012 antics (if probably spurious reports are to be believed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom