• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Really nervous about today. Any predictions on Chelsea v Tottenham? I can see Chelsea coming away with a win.
Edit:^ Yeah we need a win to solidify our third place.

Yen

Looks like Sterling will be included in our first team squad today. It helps to have your mum complain to the news papers.
Kenny Dalglish is keen to blood his youngsters, but he has warned Sterling – or more specifically the youngster’s advisors – he won’t bow to any threats to take the player elsewhere if chances do not come swiftly.
Sterling has been linked with a summer move to Tottenham amid suggestions he is already frustrated on Merseyside.
He moved to Liverpool from QPR for £600,000 in 2010.
“If it’s right for someone to play and they deserve to play then they will have a game but only if it’s right for us,” Dalglish said.
“Whether you need to be involved doesn’t mean to say you should be involved. You have to deserve to be involved. The deserving bit is the most important thing and we will decide, not anybody else.
“Raheem has progressed the same as a lot of young players have progressed and that’s testimony to the people at the Academy as well as the individuals.
"You earn the right to a run out by what you do on the pitch, not by what’s said in newspapers.”

Messi

Messis desperation to be in a thread title is amusing to me.

Last weeks drunk exploits were as believable as Luis Suarez claiming for handball :p

I have nothing to prove to you, but for real, I was shitfaced last week. Accidentally. It is hardly ever like that. But the more barca scored the more I drank. I also tend to be a drunk texter.

Also, yes, it would amuse me if I was in a thread title.

bjaelke

Kenny Dalglish is keen to blood his youngsters, but he has warned Sterling – or more specifically the youngster’s advisors – he won’t bow to any threats to take the player elsewhere if chances do not come swiftly.
Sterling has been linked with a summer move to Tottenham amid suggestions he is already frustrated on Merseyside.
He moved to Liverpool from QPR for £600,000 in 2010.
“If it’s right for someone to play and they deserve to play then they will have a game but only if it’s right for us,” Dalglish said.
“Whether you need to be involved doesn’t mean to say you should be involved. You have to deserve to be involved. The deserving bit is the most important thing and we will decide, not anybody else.
“Raheem has progressed the same as a lot of young players have progressed and that’s testimony to the people at the Academy as well as the individuals.
"You earn the right to a run out by what you do on the pitch, not by what’s said in newspapers.”

but but but...he's not part of the Nextgen squad currently playing Marseilles for 3rd/bronze.

https://twitter.com/#!/NextGenSeries/status/183514637764018178

I'm getting close. Its between them, Liverpool, and Chelsea. I really like them though.

I'd choose Arsenal tbh. Well-run from top to bottom, good history, decent enough fans to talk to (relatively speaking,) decent chance of silverware without being accused of being a glory-hunter*, often great to watch, no hugely dislikable players and an aura around them that Chelsea simply don't have to me at least in their current state

* Yes, 7 years and all that, but they'll be winning a trophy or two soon enough, its not like they've been getting knocked out as soon as they've started

pappe

I'd choose Arsenal tbh. Well-run from top to bottom, good history, decent enough fans to talk to (relatively speaking,) decent chance of silverware without being accused of being a glory-hunter*, often great to watch, no hugely dislikable players and an aura around them that Chelsea simply don't have to me at least in their current state

* Yes, 7 years and all that, but they'll be winning a trophy or two soon enough, its not like they've been getting knocked out as soon as they've started

Lol, wut?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's Assou-Ekotto's birthday today. Hopefully he doesn't gift Sturridge a goal like he did in the last encounter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Maklershed seems like a nice guy. You have our permission to jump on the Barca bandwagon :p
Hah. Glad someone is on my side. I thought ME3 is a decent but unspectacular game with a horrible, horrible ending.

GOT is the second coming of the Wi... err Christ.

My face after watching the other endings on YouTube:
jJ8tt.gif

nemesun

XGGRv.gif

Anderson

High scoring draw between Chelsea and spurs, though I could deal with a Chelsea win

We should beat villa today but our shitty dark side usually makes an appearance around this time

Decent, but not great. If you want to see a proper Denzel flick, check out Man on fire. Masterpiece of the highest order.

I don't like Denzel Washington when he's trying to be intense, so I didn't like Man on Fire. And the editing got on my tits, although it was effective in symbolising his high-octane approach to the situation

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Benoit Assou-Ekottooooooooooooooooooooooo. The Birthday boy is surely going to decide this game! As for which side, it remains to be seen :p

Any good? Think there's a DVD of it in the house, but never watched it.
It's Denzel Washington with a gun. It's good ;)
Oh god, I nearly spoiled the ME3s ending for myself by clicking on yurt's spoiler.
No worries, it wasn't really a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom