• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

hPxRr.png

Just saw some replays of the Liverpool match. There was a part there where Adam tried to be a trickery like Suarez and failing miserably with 3 other players open. The guy need to be left on the bench or sent to the reserves.

See, this is what I don't get. You were fine with it when Ancelotti get sacked, and his ability/performance as manager far surpassed that of Villas-Boas. Why was Villas-Boas the manager who had to be given time to rebuild the squad? Why not Grant who took you to the Champions League final?
It's quite simple...

Carlo looked like he was running out of ideas. Now maybe he was or maybe the squad were getting on. So he goes, we get a young and exciting new manager in. The club talk about giving him time and planning for the future. The new man tries to work with the old squad, it becomes clear that the squad seem to be the problem (so maybe a mistake was made with Carlo). So most of our fans decide to back our manager and want to give him the time he was promised, and for a wee change, maybe sack a bunch of mega rich under performers. Now he's been sacked, and we're back to square one.

Edit: also, it's all well and good you coming in and talking like you know it all. Saying Carlos performances were better after having watched both his and AVBs doesn't really offer much insight. It's not like that was known pre AVB.

2nd edit: Why not Grant? The man who inherited the Jose squad? hmmmmmm...

Arnie

Ridiculous that AVB was sacked. Sure he hasn't lit the league alight since arriving but he needs time to build a new team. Whoever comes in should oust the failing old guard immediately.

Carbonox

Newcastle certainly know how to give me a heartache.

It was written in the stars that it would be Ameobi though. :lol I love him.

I'm content with the draw. Aside from the rivalry, both teams had something to prove, and the new beastly Sunderland side under MoN would always be a bitch to play against, especially in this sort of tie.

We have Arsenal next. :\

Mastadon

Banned
Newcastle certainly know how to give me a heartache.

It was written in the stars that it would be Ameobi though. :lol I love him.

I'm content with the draw. Aside from the rivalry, both teams had something to prove, and the new beastly Sunderland side under MoN would always be a bitch to play against, especially in this sort of tie.

We have Arsenal next. :\
Hope you batter them.

Kozak

Banned
AVB was a flop at Chelsea. Theres no way to jump around that fact. I can't understand how you guys can be so sympathetic? The guy couldn't even gain the respect of his players. 104 days is a ridiculous amount of time given to a manager who has flopped since day 1. Any other league and he'd be out in a month or two.

edit:

A manager that does deserve sympathy is Ancelotti. Why sack a successful manager? Stupid.

It's quite simple...

Carlo looked like he was running out of ideas. Now maybe he was or maybe the squad were getting on. So he goes, we get a young and exciting new manager in. The club talk about giving him time and planning for the future. The new man tries to work with the old squad, it becomes clear that the squad seem to be the problem (so maybe a mistake was made with Carlo). So most of our fans decide to back our manager and want to give him the time he was promised, and for a wee change, maybe sack a bunch of mega rich under performers. Now he's been sacked, and we're back to square one.

Edit: also, it's all well and good you coming in and talking like you know it all. Saying Carlos performances were better after having watched both his and AVBs doesn't really offer much insight. It's not like that was known pre AVB.

I didn't say beforehand that Chelsea should never have hired Villas-Boas. What I said was that they should never have sacked Ancelotti or restructured the club to create such a negative environment for him. Hiring Villas-Boad was always a risk and I didn't have as much faith in him as some people did after one season at Porto! There were a few that were raving about how great a manager he is and that he would lead Chelsea back to the title. A few Liverpool fans wanted him as well if I remember correctly.

AVB was a flop at Chelsea. Theres no way to jump around that fact. I can't understand how you guys can be so sympathetic? The guy couldn't even gain the respect of his players. 104 days is a ridiculous amount of time given to a manager who has flopped since day 1. Any other league and he'd be out in a month or two.

edit:

A manager that does deserve sympathy is Ancelotti. Why sack a successful manager? Stupid.

It pains me that you believe this to be a state of affairs that is beyond reproach.

Salazar

The guy couldn't even gain the respect of his players

Egomaniac numpties who think - with a depressing amount of justification - that they run the club made it really, really fucking hard.

The way to JT and Ashley's hearts is to give them everything they want. That's it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Roma lazio not on espn3 due to technical difficulties. I just turned it on, what's going on?

I didn't say beforehand that Chelsea should never have hired Villas-Boas. What I said was that they should never have sacked Ancelotti or restructured the club to create such a negative environment for him. Hiring Villas-Boad was always a risk and I didn't have as much faith in him as some people did after one season at Porto! There were a few that were raving about how great a manager he is and that he would lead Chelsea back to the title. A few Liverpool fans wanted him as well if I remember correctly.
I think the vast majority would agree he can be a great manager if given the support he deserved. And whilst I hope we do well with Di Matteo and whoever comes in during the summer. I would also love to see AVB go on to become great because I think he deserves it. It would also be a nice finger in the face to the always impatient Roman.

The sooner clubs stop demanding success in 6 months the better.

Carbonox

I honestly would have liked AVB to stick around. I think if he was given summer to improve the team, he would have. Any manager would have trouble with such a terribad squad, especially with fucktard egos like Lampard and Cole. Fuck anyone who sympathises with them.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Just got back from a run and listened to BBC football podcast and didn't know the news yet. AVB sounded terrible in his post game interview and I thouht he might be on the verge of resigning. He sounded like Sarah Conner in T2 in her nuthouse interviews when she's completely broken.

I honestly would have liked AVB to stick around. I think if he was given summer to improve the team, he would have. Any manager would have trouble with such a terribad squad, especially with fucktard egos like Lampard and Cole. Fuck anyone who sympathises with them.
I don't think anyone does sympathise with them, doesn't mean you to have to sympathise with AVB though. I feel most sorry for the Chelsea fans, Abramovich has turned their once quite likeable club into a joke.

Good 3 points for West Ham against Cardiff and a clean sheet, although we were a bit lucky at times - now we're 1 point from 1st, 4 points from 3rd and with a game in hand. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going against Watford on Wednesday.

Incidentally, am I the only Hammer left in this thread? I'm sure there used to be at least 3 or 4 of us, but I'm talking to myself most of the time now :lol

Chelsea board posters are doing their nuts. Everybody wants Jose back. Can't see it ever happening, though if it does I hope we stick with him and don't fuck him out on his ear again.

Scum

Good 3 points for West Ham against Cardiff and a clean sheet, although we were a bit lucky at times - now we're 1 point from 1st, 4 points from 3rd and with a game in hand. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going against Watford on Wednesday.

Incidentally, am I the only Hammer left in this thread? I'm sure there used to be at least 3 or 4 of us, but I'm talking to myself most of the time now :lol

Pep and Jose should swap sides
They'll be back when you get promoted. :lol

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/featur...nho-and-guardiola-should-change-sides?cc=5901

lol this would not end well
:O

Kozak

Banned
It pains me that you believe this to be a state of affairs that is beyond reproach.

It is the current state of football. We aren't in a period where managers are given time anymore, those days are long gone. If you don't get up off the ground running, you're out. Thats how it is now.

Egomaniac numpties who think - with a depressing amount of justification - that they run the club made it really, really fucking hard.

The way to JT and Ashley's hearts is to give them everything they want. That's it.

Why didn't he do something about it? Don't take shit from your players, fine them. These players are greedy fuckers, take away their wages and they will bow down and lick your shoes clean for their weekly wage.

LOL if AVB goes to inter, he will be in the same shitty situation as he was at chelsea. a squad full of aging players and no long term plan, and tons and tons of pressure.

i hope he goes somewhere else for his own sake.

Scum

I want the "Mourinho in London" stories to run full circle again in the tabloids, only for Spurs to hold a press conference...

ShogunX

Guess it was predictable after recent results that Chelsea would sack AVB but my god what a joke of a club they are fast turning in to. Why not let the man have until the end of the season at least seeing as Di Matteo is now taking over and he was sacked by West fucking Brom.

How are Chelsea going to turn it around when they have such little stability and aging players in key positions? Still ridiculous that Ancelotti was sacked.

Kweh

I don't see the point in sacking him now. May as well wait until the end of the season, or does Abramovich think Di Matteo can do a better job.

Salazar

I don't think anyone does sympathise with them, doesn't mean you to have to sympathise with AVB though.

I sympathise with AVB a bit. He gave in to the conspiracy chat a bit sometimes, and I didn't like that, but he had a tempestuous infant with no clue about football above him, and an unstable mix of promising players, out-of-form players, bad players, and gravy-train assholes underneath him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom