• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Not many people in the league have the confidence or ability to hit that Volley first time like RVP did yesterday but as good as the technique was I cant help feeling Reina should of done a bit better. That might be harsh though.

There was pretty much anywhere along the face of the goal that it could have gone in, it was a complete 1 on 1 right in front of the net. Reina wasn't too far off, and if he did his homework, he might think RvP would be going for the far post.

It would have been a great stop if Reina kept it out. I can't fault him too much, but I really wish he would have managed to keep it out.

WJD

Not many people in the league have the confidence or ability to hit that Volley first time like RVP did yesterday but as good as the technique was I cant help feeling Reina should of done a bit better. That might be harsh though.

Think that's harsh, all the credit should go to RVP I think and considering Reina probably didn't imagine he'd try that, let alone pull it off so perfectly we can cut him a little slack!

I only noticed RVP had side footed it on MOTD last night, I thought he'd hit it with his laces ala the Everton goal. Just makes it all the more impressive technically for me.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm fairly sure Wes on here dismissed Rafa as well. You reap what you sow.
Heck, I never wanted to get rid of Houllier. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would have hired the manager of our rivals who just got that team relegated...

ShogunX

Pog is only on loan isn't he? Unless Fulham already have a future fee agreed then this guys value might be going up with each goal he scores as well as other clubs becoming interested.

Dibbz

lol Chelsea such a joke. Why sake AVB right now? What is anyone going to be able to do right now? I hope they get knocked out of the CL and FA cup to show everyone it's the players not the manager.

Would Porto take AVB back? If so I'd like him to go back there.

Sacking AVB is a disgrace.

Roman is learning nothing, and neither are those fucking pricks Gourlay and Buck.

AVB needed a new team and to have the control to exert over his team not people consistently in his way.

That said, Di Matteo is the best choice for me right now. He's been a manager before, has the relationship with the players and assuming he gets on well with them all then I think he could be successful.

Im also hoping he acknowledges the important of picking the right team. Romeu should be well ahead of Mikel and perhaps even a bit ahead Essien as he's an excellent young prospect.

Bosingwa needs shipping out and to never play for us again.

Im hopeful that this could be a decent move in the end even if I wish AVB had stayed.

Also be interesting to see how he lines up the team with Torres/Drogba.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ten minutes left in udinese-atalanta, and it is 0-0

if the results stay the same lazio will jump into third place. disgrace that this team is doing so well

Manager

I'm proud to see Wayne Bridge was directly at fault of Ameobi's stoppage time winner. After his team-mates had been fighting for 30 minutes with 10 men, he managed to do that after being on for just five minutes.

£90k a week, only 1½ year left. dat contract. Hughes, genius.

Bwahaha.

I doubt Torres can do anything with the current Chelsea team.

Your hate for Torres is becoming more like an obsession.

Suarez_0.gif

If that went in it would of been a contender for goal of the season. Suarez in a nut shell though, Moments of world class football followed by a weak finish.

Looks like he was slipping when he took the shot.

They actually only dislike diving and racism.

Then they must hate Adam Johnson and Nasri.

Sacking AVB is a disgrace.

Roman is learning nothing, and neither are those fucking pricks Gourlay and Buck.

AVB needed a new team and to have the control to exert over his team not people consistently in his way.

That said, Di Matteo is the best choice for me right now. He's been a manager before, has the relationship with the players and assuming he gets on well with them all then I think he could be successful.

Im also hoping he acknowledges the important of picking the right team. Romeu should be well ahead of Mikel and perhaps even a bit ahead Essien as he's an excellent young prospect.

Bosingwa needs shipping out and to never play for us again.

Im hopeful that this could be a decent move in the end even if I wish AVB had stayed.

Also be interesting to see how he lines up the team with Torres/Drogba.
I'm eagerly awaiting to see the team he puts out on Tuesday. How Bobby Di sets up his squad will probably reflect what he thought of AVBs style and tactics.

Manager

Then they must hate Adam Johnson and Nasri.

We share the same hate. :(

They are interesting since they are basically the only City players atm who are underperforming. Johnson is so useless against premium opposition. Sure he get one assist or goal here and there (like yesterday), but he's invisible so much of the matches. Nasri was alright yesterday. Better than before but still nowhere good as I thought he would be.

Johnson also made dat dive which I obviously dislike very much.

Carbonox

The football is the only thing that is keeping my mind off wanting to jump off a cliff. This toothache is the worst pain I've ever felt. My god I want to punch someone in the throat right now. It's a wisdom tooth as well and the dentist and hospital were made aware of it months ago and I'm STILL WAITING for the fucking surgery date. Fucking cunts. I've ran out of fucking ideas on how to help take the pain away apart from nearly overdosing on painkillers. :lol

RaGe_pt

lol Chelsea such a joke. Why sake AVB right now? What is anyone going to be able to do right now? I hope they get knocked out of the CL and FA cup to show everyone it's the players not the manager.

Would Porto take AVB back? If so I'd like him to go back there.

It's a dificult question. I mean, we haven't been doing a good season, though we won 2.3 at benfica's stadium two days ago and we are now in the first place of the league again. If our coach wins the league I guess he'll stay one more year. But I can see AVB coming back in 1 or 2 years. Our president has been talking to him a lot lately, he was at City's stadium and was at our stadium last week too. Only speculations are possible now...

WJD

Lennon vs Evra is always a worry - regardless of form.

But otherwise I'd like to think Scholes/Carrick should be able to dominate Sandro/Livermore. Gonna make a score prediction of 2-2.

Manager

The football is the only thing that is keeping my mind off wanting to jump off a cliff. This toothache is the worst pain I've ever felt. My god I want to punch someone in the throat right now. It's a wisdom tooth as well and the dentist and hospital were made aware of it months ago and I'm STILL WAITING for the fucking surgery date. Fucking cunts. I've ran out of fucking ideas on how to help take the pain away apart from nearly overdosing on painkillers. :lol

What? What country do you live in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom