• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

lol just read an article with Kenny and this is why he thinks Liverpool are not doing to hot.

...yet admitted his team needs to "change our philosophies a wee bit", by "not playing the lovely football that we have been".

The best way we can handle it is if we have more players to choose from but at the moment we are not blessed with that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/25/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-philosophy

Yep better stop playing football, that should work.

Hope Liverpool fans are looking forward to Kenny spending more big bucks on average players in the summer :p

I look like a round faced pre pubescent girl.

i don't believe you, dwight yorke

that was him, wasn't it?

lol just read an article with Kenny and this is why he thinks Liverpool are not doing to hot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/25/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-philosophy

Yep better stop playing football, that should work.

Hope Liverpool fans are looking forward to Kenny spending more big bucks on average players in the summer :p

Mølby was bitching so much today too, was fantastic.

:lol

Fur_Q

This thread always gets really weird at night, of course none of us are as cool as Salazar but we can combine our efforts and try. Going to use Wilburys excuse with pulling faces (and being drunk), much sexier normally.

Is that you, haha I hate my imaginative mind. So normal looking. Danish bacon is best bacon. Mmmmmmmmmmm

All you need in that pic is a D for a U MAD.

Arnie

I think the majority of Beatles stuff is a bit shit. But then again, I'm not one of those people who takes music seriously.

Wilbur

Banned
Love the shirt, read the shit these morons are spouting in this thread, I laughed hard.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467624

God, I saw it. Fucking despicable. I genuinely fret for the human race sometimes. There's a lot of good music nowadays but surely there can't be a lot of people who don't like the Beatles. I get people not liking my other favourites - people like Dylan and Waits I can guess their voices grate, but what the fuck is wrong with the Beatles?!

Also, I know this was said earlier, but this is the quote of the season:

Kenny Dalglish admitted his team needs to "change our philosophies a wee bit", by "not playing the lovely football that we have been".

Arnie

I don't really like the question "who do you like", because to me, most musicians produce shit songs amongst the good.

An example of my music taste:

Natty, Badman

and

Phaleah, Breath in Air

I've been to Leeds twice and Glasto once last year, enjoyed it but mainly for the alcohol rather than the music.

Arnie

There's nothing worse than people who talk in depth about music, or people that write about music. It should be heard and appreciated, but any quest for some higher meaning or resonance makes me want to throw myself out of a window.

Tell a music writer to finish a sentence without an adjective and he'll likely throw a fit.

elsk

Banned
Fur_Q, stop posting outside footy-GAF. We already lost Kermit.

I think the majority of Beatles stuff is a bit shit. But then again, I'm not one of those people who takes music seriously.

Have you listened to their discography, or at least entire albums of the beatles? or just a couple of random songs?

There's nothing worse than people who talk in depth about music, or people that write about music. It should be heard and appreciated, but any quest for some higher meaning or resonance makes me want to throw myself out of a window.

Tell a music writer to finish a sentence without an adjective and he'll likely throw a fit.

Well, (some) music is a kind of art you know. So it should has "depth".

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really like the question "who do you like", because to me, most musicians produce shit songs amongst the good.

An example of my music taste:

Natty, Badman

and

Phaleah, Breath in Air

I've been to Leeds twice and Glasto once last year, enjoyed it but mainly for the alcohol rather than the music.

Well that's a given I suppose, but Bob Dylan's made 20 pretty poor albums but the 15 great to incredible ones are still 10 more great albums than anyone else has produced you know? Or someone like Arcade Fire who have done three albums with possibly only one or two poor songs across them all.

I like the Natty song, didn't care for the Phaleah one. But coooooool.

Arnie

Or someone like Arcade Fire who have done three albums with possibly only one or two poor songs across them all.

A big regret of mine was, during Leeds 09, staying at the tents with my mates getting drunk instead of going to see Arcade Fire. It was the last night I think, and none of my mates cared for them, so they all decided to sit around getting wasted and starting a fire, and I joined them. I'd not really heard much Arcade Fire stuff (as I say, I'm no music buff) so i didn't care that I was missing them.

About three months after Leeds I listened to their stuff and found the majority of it really good.

Wilbur

Banned
Fur_Q, stop posting outside footy-GAF. We already lost Kermit.

Have you listened to their discography, or at least entire albums of the beatles? or just a couple of random songs?

If he's from Liverpool I doubt he can avoid them haha! But yeah disliking the Beatles is bizarre to me. They're not my favourite band but they're fantastic.

This is odd though. Do you feel the same about film criticism or literary criticism?

EDIT: And yeah Arcade Fire are brilliant. Along with Radiohead the best mainstream band in the world right now

Guess this isn't the time to say I travel around to watch music as much as football. Was in Manchester last year to see dillinger escape plan, was going to go to London again to see them next month but ran out of moneys. Also love festivals, combines being constantly drunk and music, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom