• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 06:15 and I have to go to some shit class in 2 hours. Insomnia, woooh. Going to make some fucking bacon for breakfast now that i have that much time in the morning, too lazy to get bread though... maybe just eat bacon and eggs, fuck bread.

Fur_Q

It's 06:15 and I have to go to some shit class in 2 hours. Insomnia, woooh. Going to make some fucking bacon for breakfast now that i have that much time in the morning, too lazy to get bread though... maybe just eat bacon and eggs, fuck bread.

Yep 5:28 here will be getting myself a bacon and egg butty soon, fuck night shifts.

TeegsD

Guys, I really don't wanna go to classes this week. All of last week off was amazing and I did no work which means the next 3-5 days will consist of mostly catching up. And now my lab tomorrow is going to take longer than I thought so probably going to miss the first half of the game tomorrow :(

bjaelke

After establishing that Barcelona star Lionel Messi is the world's highest-paid footballer, earning €33 million a year (€10.5-million salary, €1.5 million in bonuses and €21 million in advertising and other contracts), France Football magazine has discovered that Manchester United disappointment on loan at Beskitas is the world's 97,612th highest paid footballer. It is estimated that Bebe earns about €17 a year.
"My contract is for much more than that," said Bebe, who cost Manchester United around €9 million in 2010. "But when I joined Besiktas on loan, there must have been some confusion about who would pay me so I haven't been paid anything in...a while. Maybe it was a payroll glitch. Could have been Y2K related. Anyway, my cruciate ligament melted before I even got to Turkey, so I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it. I don't have a phone and that tin can tied to a string thing just doesn't work at all. Whoever invented that is an idiot."
Bebe later added: "In all honesty, [Manchester United manager Sir Alex] Ferguson refused to pay me the first time he saw me train -- the day after I signed with Man United. But I grabbed a bunch of scones from their breakfast spread and wrapped them in napkins that day so I didn't care. They were such good scones."
According to a report published Tuesday, Bebe earns an annual salary of €0, owes €175 in bank fees and makes €192 for wearing knockoff "Badidas" brand football boots in various fast food restaurants. But none of that matters to Bebe, who lived in a homeless shelter during his teenage years.
"Money isn't that important. Especially when you have scones. I still have a bunch left."
KuGsj.gif

Since Liverpool are shit, football isn't even worth discussing anymore. I'm sure you'll all agree.

Mastadon. You're my favourite.

Because there is no football on, duu-uuh

You guys never actually discuss anything. You just shout at the screen during live football games. No discussions on your country's promising young players (Sterling doesn't count as I get the impression no-one has actually seen him play outside of the TV game against Southport or whoever).

No discussion on football articles, I'm not even talking journals here, just articles in FourFourTwo/World Soccer Magazine/The Blizzard, etc.

JUST SHOUTING AT THE SCREEN!

Salazar

No discussion on football articles, I'm not even talking journals here, just articles in FourFourTwo/World Soccer Magazine/The Blizzard, etc.

Only magazines I buy are literary and filth.

So, we are keeping Rio on but knocking down his wages ? Good business.

edit: Damn, we are choking his wages.

bjaelke

http://www.miragens.abola.pt/videosdetalhe.aspx?id=16270
Diego showing off his catlike abilities.
You guys never actually discuss anything. You just shout at the screen during live football games. No discussions on your country's promising young players (Sterling doesn't count as I get the impression no-one has actually seen him play outside of the TV game against Southport or whoever).

What are you on about? Just because there's no discussion when you're online doesn't mean there are no discussions in this thread.

Salazar

btw, is it just me or does the thread feel a little more slower since the board change?

Feels more awesome. Convenient as hell.

All this Chelsea mega-spend stuff is embarrassing. Ronaldo and Higuain, Cavani and Lavezzi, Hulk and Falcao.

I hope either the press or Roman is going to be more imaginative than this when the window actually opens.

bjaelke

... I've just read back over the last few pages and you guys are talking about Radiohead, The Aracade Fire and how old Salazaar is.

I though you were talking in general. Yes, there have been a fair amount of off topic recently (starting with the ME3 discussion).

Blablurn

Yes, and like already said way more off topic. I don't like it.

i think we can blame salazar's picture for this. haha. just kidding, sal. all is good!

i'm sure that will change during the next days. cause it's fucking champions league week. and since we basically lost the championship today i'm sure bayern will try everything now to succeed in the european cup.

dc89

haha.

btw, is it just me or does the thread feel a little more slower since the board change?

I blame the weather.

Yup. It's lovely weather in the UK at the moment and pretty much has been since Thursday/Friday! We don't get much, so we gotta make the most of it!

I can't really do anything today though, took my car in for some new tyre's and MOT this morning. So I'll just have to spend some time in the garden and watch the 2nd episode of Game of Thrones.

Fry

i'm sure that will change during the next days. cause it's fucking champions league week. and since we basically lost the championship today i'm sure bayern will try everything now to succeed in the european cup.

Agreed. People are just excited by the prospect of not having any mods lurking here in the Community forum. But when bish stops by, we'll all go back to talking about football only. =p

Sloosha

Feels more awesome. Convenient as hell.

All this Chelsea mega-spend stuff is embarrassing. Ronaldo and Higuain, Cavani and Lavezzi, Hulk and Falcao.

I hope either the press or Roman is going to be more imaginative than this when the window actually opens.

Paper rubbish obviously. About as likely as Kalou winning the Ballon d'Or.

I already got my morning reading sorted: In-Depth: Why Are Liverpool Struggling?

It was the first terrible home performance under Dalglish, and after lots of ‘unjust’ draws at Anfield, and the ill-deserved defeat to Arsenal, there was no arguing that Wigan deserved the points

Stop reading after this bit. If you can't score, you won't win games. I get the impression its going to be a defensive article making excuses.
When your manager consistently refers to 'Luck' you should be worried. "We were unlucky. We didn't have any luck." Doesn't work for me. Didn't work for me when Souness was Newcastle manager and always referred to luck. You can't coach luck. You can't manage luck. So I manager shouldn't keep referring to it as if its some sort of tactical gameplan that didn't work.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
http://soccerlens.com/kenny-dalglish-and-the-word-luck/91413/

Mastadon. You're my favourite.

I feel like we're being told off. You're right though. I need to pick up the latest copy of The Blizzard actually.

Glenn Hoddle has done an interview with the idiot that is Paddy Barclay, says he'd like another shot at the England job. I was quite young when he was manager first time around but I remember England being fun to watch back then, though that was probably just me being excited about anything and everything as most kids are.

England had a good squad (by England standards) under Hoddle in a team before the rest of Europe discovered they were truly technically superior than England. England had a good mix of the raw gritty International veterans (Shearer, Sheringham, Adams, Seaman, etc) and the younger players coming through that had a bit more flair and technique (McManaman, Gerrard, Owen, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#England

Great mixture of talent in that squad, with a range of experience across different ages. Compare it to the current squad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team#Squad

Notice how cap heavy the older players are, while the younger players have very little experience. That may seem like an obvious point, but look at the players of similar age in the 1998 squad (players in their mid 20s) and how many caps they have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#England

The 2010 World Cup squad looks even worse.

It was going OK until he said that stupid comment about wheelchair users.

Wessiej

England had a good squad (by England standards) under Hoddle in a team before the rest of Europe discovered they were truly technically superior than England. England had a good mix of the raw gritty International veterans (Shearer, Sheringham, Adams, Seaman, etc) and the younger players coming through that had a bit more flair and technique (McManaman, Gerrard, Owen, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup_squads#England

Great mixture of talent in that squad.

It was going OK until he said that stupid comment about wheelchair users.

FUCK ENGLAND BOOHOOO.

Am I doing the shouting-thing good?

Yes, but by all means continue. I haven't really given a care about how the England team have done since 2002. Just another London club as far as I'm concerned.

dc89

I'd have Hoddle back as England manager. I think his silly statement is behind him now, he's still a damn good coach.

Futebol Finance have compiled a list of the world most valuable young players. Not quite sure how they worked the values out, but here it is.

Neymar. Age: 20 Club: Santos Value: £25m

M Götze 19 B Dortmund £25m

M Balotelli 21 Man CIty £25m

E Hazard 21 Lille £23m

J Wilshere 20 Arsenal £18m

T Alcantara 20 Barcelona £17m

Y M'Vila 21 Rennes £17m

P Jones 20 Man United £15m

D de Gea 21 Man United £13m

A Dzagoev 21 CSKA Mos. £13m

J Rodwell 20 verton £13m

I Munain 20 Athletic Bilbao £13m