• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will. He is diving less and less and has always had a great foot on him.

He also left Villa with class, I wish him well.

Heh. I hope he proves me wrong. Valencia did. He has ability there are just some things about his game which annoy me.

He does seem to have the character needed to succeed though which IMO sets him apart from Downing.

Wilbur

Banned
I was so confused in the Valencia signing at first, he looked like a generic direct PL winger. Now he's essentially Jesus in black Ecuadorean limited one footed but SO DAMN SEXY form

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nothing, but I'm not sure Marseille's board members agree.

Oh screw them! He won them their first league title in almost 20 years
eWVSn.gif

rodvik

Heh. I hope he proves me wrong. Valencia did. He has ability there are just some things about his game which annoy me.

He does seem to have the character needed to succeed though which IMO sets him apart from Downing.

Please use his full name the cunt Downing :)

How can Conte get away with not playing Capitano? He is clearly the class we are missing. Him and Matri, Quag, and with Pirlo and we can pierce these provincial defenses.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^I just don't want to see Vucinic anymore.

"Inter vs Catania can Ranieri right this ship?"

Surely it's a submarine by now?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Thinking back, he should have done better for at least two of the goals.

Should have done better on all 3. I don't know what he's doing on the third one, at least he's in the correct position on the other two (and failed miserably anyway). Still, he's just a kid and he's learning. On another day Phil Jones might have been the one being punished for his awful defending.

Fady K

Long post incoming (dedicated to AVB :'(!!!!!)

Man, AVB sacked...my goodness. What's Di Matteo going to do :/? His West Brom side conceded 6 from Ancelotti's Chelsea :/

Boo @ Tottenham, should have done much better. Now we have another predictable title for United I bet. City have tough games ahead and will slip up I think. No one close to the Manchesters. Maybe the Premier League will become a lot more interesting (for the non-United fans of course) during the post-Ferguson United era. I look forward to it. It would be nice to see other teams take the spotlight.

Also, hats off to Arsenal. Beautiful stuff after 2 horrible games. Plus, i'm overjoyed at how well Barca did with 10 men yesterday to go from 1-1 to 3-1 without Messi.

Feels good to finally be able to post here and join Messi, Sunhi, Error and Fady in the Barca discussions.

Always nice to have a Barca fan onboard :)

LOL. Well done.

NOOOO FADY!!

Watching Chelsea games has become a grim experience. The whole situation's a bit shit. Would a change of manager even make a difference?

Thanks bro ;_; 'tis a painful period for me. I *really* hope your team goes all the way and wins a much-deserved title.

Fady for Chelsea job.

At this rate I'll take it :p I'll appoint Kyle as my assistant coach, moobabe as my physiotherapist, and flintstryker as the team motivator. Also, i'll have Woodenlung as the owner!

Pretty sure that was a character on Mass Effect!

Damn right, a batarian :p

Well, rather than try and get a full time replacement, why not give it to Di Matteo for the rest of the season? He's a manager and played pretty decent football at West Brom (before they dropped off).

Wouldn't be the worst idea.

Also, I am not interested in having Rafa as manager. Even if he can get Fernando scoring.

Lol, looks like your wish came true :p

I don't like seeing Mata lose, though, and play in an unhappily struggling (well, relatively struggling) side. Keep your head up, Fady.

QtJbh.gif

I'd love to see Mata in a Chelsea side that can make the best of him. He can do so much more and the recent side has been restricting him. Manager too maybe. I'd like to see how he does with the next manager, whenever he arrives.

My brother just called me... Is this news true?

What a joke club!

LOL. That's kind of how I found out. Bro had mom call me to share the sad news :[

Jesus, I'm bewildered by this. I also feel bad for Fady too! We had belief in AVB's project!

As you said bro it was a very stupid decision...it feels horrible, especially since we were playing badly already and I don't know how the situation can get better with di matteo...

As I said last night, if AVB goes (didn't expect him to) I hope he does amazingly wherever he goes next. Good luck to the man. He will be a top manager.

Me too; I hope he ends up becoming legendary in the future. Roman will likely live to regret this decision too :p

We miss you too! Come back faaady

That's it, fudge work, I'm sticking around more, life without you guys can get too serious :p

Someone check if fady is ok. Please

Chelsea's season got me used to being in such a bad spot :'( BTW good game yesterday huh :D? If only it wasn't 10 points off :(

Wilbur

Banned
Boo @ Tottenham, should have done much better. Now we have another predictable title for United I bet. City have tough games ahead and will slip up I think. No one close to the Manchesters. Maybe the Premier League will become a lot more interesting (for the non-United fans of course) during the post-Ferguson United era. I look forward to it. It would be nice to see other teams take the spotlight.

Only thing I will point out Fady is that it's not been predictable for a long time this season and I wouldn't say it's a much deserved title for City anyway. I don't think its just bias talking but I'm so proud of the way we're fighting for the title with what's happened to us this season. We might not be playing great football but City should have wrapped it up ages ago. If they don't win it we'll have deserved it.

Match today was so shit, but at least there was drama elsewhere than on the pitch. Some guy tried to attack a Copenhagen player and Copenhagens fans managed to both get the game delayed 15 min and then get it stopped for 10 min suddenly during the game because of fireworks.

Xyzbw.jpg

w1we2.jpg

yL13M.jpg

But hey, N'Doye is still world class

GY4z0.jpg

NEVER LEAVE

Rooney has scored twice against Spurs, City and Liverpool and thrice against Chelsea and Arsenal this season.

12 goals in 9 games against the "top sides" in the country.

Since he signed a new contract Rooney has been in brilliant form for United.

Doesn't understand relevance of this sentence

FML

ESPN3, ESPN's online streaming service is only available to certain ISP's and to American college campuses. Since I have been at school for the past two months, I've been able to stream matches using the school's internet.

But now I'm on Spring Break and at home, which is not using an ISP on ESPN3's select list. So no ESPN3 for me.

WJD

Rooney has scored twice against Spurs, City and Liverpool and thrice against Chelsea and Arsenal this season.

12 goals in 9 games against the "top sides" in the country.

Since he signed a new contract Rooney has been in brilliant form for United.

Bloody hell that's impressive. Can't believe some people said he wasn't a big game player once upon a time. Goals against Schalke, Chelsea and Barca in the CL last season too.

lol look what urby just RT'd

Urby Emanuelson ‏ @Urby28
Hahahaha.. RT @Milanello: hello @Urby28, perhaps you can ask @sneijder101010 to play with you in the red and black? #twitterconspiracy #sneijdertomilan

i like this idea, do some work urby. van bommel and seedorf, do your part too.

Wilbur

Banned
ESPN3, ESPN's online streaming service is only available to certain ISP's and to American college campuses. Since I have been at school for the past two months, I've been able to stream matches using the school's internet.

But now I'm on Spring Break and at home, which is not using an ISP on ESPN3's select list. So no ESPN3 for me.

TOO

MANY

ACRONYMS

Lol, looks like your wish came true :p

It wasn't really a wish, it was more logical thinking!

To be honest I'm still very disappointed about it, but its done.
I still blame Gourlay and Buck.

Im looking forward to seeing how RDM does though, it will certainly be interesting.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter haven't scored for 565 minutes. 5 more minutes & they'll set a new record for the longest goalless streak in the clubs history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom