• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Kind of depressing that with the money we spent on, e.g., Pazienza and Vucinic we could have got Poli as an understudy to Pirlo. I mean I guess we have Marrone, but he hardly ever plays. And Ekdal is half Cagliari's player. Bouy is maybe a potential heir, but I know almost nothing about him.

Oh wait, Pazienza was free, wasn't he?

Motta, Vucinic, and Elia, then. €28M. Good God, Marotta.

I got Poli in FIFA career mode. Good player but I sold him for 10m to Inter and got Rudy (Hoffenheim) for 8m :D

That Inter result isn't exactly what I was hoping for. Whatever, that means that Ranier won't be sacked anytime soon, which isn't a bad thing, once you think about it. :)

Still wondering how we managed to lose against them, though. Charity, maybe.

MPW

10 point lead maintained!

2012-02-13+Messi+and+Pique+Manita.jpg

vall03

just woke up and saw some scores...

United beating Tottenham? perfect

Inter winless yet again, I doubt they'll get relegated though, more likely a bottom half finish even if this continues

AVB sacked already? I feel bad for him, Chelsea sacking managers yet again... *sigh

Bloody hell that's impressive. Can't believe some people said he wasn't a big game player once upon a time. Goals against Schalke, Chelsea and Barca in the CL last season too.
Ashley Young has a pretty good record against them too.

6 games, 4 goals, 5 assists.

MPW

Madrid's so good, lovely squad to watch.
Except when Barca comes to town, then they devolve into...well, you know...shit

that is why 10 point lead is so awesome! barca can beat us 5-0 but it won't matter at the end :D

madrid needs to avoid facing barca until cl final, madrid is the only team to beat barca in a cup final in the last couple of years

Carbonox

Honest question - If Arsenal kept Fabregas and Nasri, would they be title contenders? The turnaround they have pulled off is pretty fucking insane. If they didn't get rid of some of their best players and started off without the whole post-sale trauma, I honestly think they could have been vying for the title given the drop in quality the rest of the teams are displaying (though Man City have improved over last season).

Would have been very interesting to see how the table would be if Arsenal never went through the alcoholic stage.

Wilbur

Banned
22 in 26 appearances this season. 7 assists too. Having a very good season.

Excellent. If he can get 30 by the end of the season that would be brilliant. 169 goals for us now, 80 behind Bobby Charlton with a good 5/6 years of first team football guaranteed.

xintin

I agree with you, and i don't see how Abramovich sacks AVB before the second leg against Napoli, now it's almost certain Chelsea wont get past the first knockout stage.
Not that I thought Chelsea were going to destroy Napoli or anything, I just felt that they still had a proper chance.
i agree so much here. a 2-0 at home, with a full strength JT leading the defense, was not so far fetched. my only optimistic front for the team now is the FA cup. maybe Di Matteo's magic as a player in that tournament will transfer to his managerial skills.

also, just took out chelsea with newcastle in team play 4-1. felt kinda good /schadenfraude

i agree so much here. a 2-0 at home, with a full strength JT leading the defense, was not so far fetched. my only optimistic front for the team now is the FA cup. maybe Di Matteo's magic as a player in that tournament will transfer to his managerial skills.

also, just took out chelsea with newcastle in team play 4-1. felt kinda good /schadenfraude
Looking forward to Tuesdays game?

Personally, despite today's disappointment I can't wait for it to see how we set up. To see if Bobby Di is full of his own ideas that are in contrast to AVBs, or if we're just going to play how we have been. If we do play the same as we have, and win, I will be convinced it's because they players had the humpy heads on and weren't playing for AVB. Which if that turns out to be the case, I will be even more annoyed about all of this.

xintin

Personally, despite today's disappointment I can't wait for it to see how we set up. To see if Bobby Di is full of his own ideas that are in contrast to AVBs, or if we're just going to play how we have been. If we do play the same as we have, and win, I will be convinced it's because they players had the humpy heads on and weren't playing for AVB. Which if that turns out to be the case, I will be even more annoyed about all of this.
im pretty much convinced the players gave up on AVB, but I hope they wont do the same to RDM. At the very least, the older players should respect how he represented the club as a player in the pre-Roman years, when trophies were even more scarce.

Plus he should be back to wearing them boss ass suits he did at West Brom instead of training gear.

im pretty much convinced the players gave up on AVB, but I hope they wont do the same to RDM. At the very least, the older players should respect how he represented the club as a player in the pre-Roman years, when trophies were even more scarce.

Plus he should be back to wearing them boss ass suits he did at West Brom instead of training gear.
He's been deciding which one to wear since he got the news today.

Edit: expect official confirmation on the website as to the suit he chooses just before the team sheet is announced.

Sloosha

I would be annoyed too if that is the case. Will certainly be interesting to see if he does set up differently though. Someone needs to sort out the defense.

I would be annoyed too if that is the case. Will certainly be interesting to see if he does set up differently though. Someone needs to sort out the defense.
He best get plenty of love from the fans. Wouldn't imagine him getting any less.

Edit: and that midfield, and them forwards.

Just saw that Pog the Log got a hat trick today. Horrible news. If that bum is anywhere near the starting line up for the national team at Euros I will rage. Step it up EPL, don't make that rubbish look decent.

FootballFan

you guys think Messi will win player of the year even if Barca only win the spanish cup?

Ronaldo has the Euros, thats kinda an advantage, though looking at Portugals group, it looks like they will be out before the first knock-out round.
So it will probably go down to the CL(as usual)

Messi would win the PotY if he wins Copa Del Rey + CL
Where as Ronaldo would win it if he wins the La Liga + CL.
If neither win the CL I wouldnt really know lol, just give it to Iniesta, cause he is god-like.

K1LLER7

Ronaldo will get it if Madrid win the League and CL. Can't see anything else taking it away from Messi.

The Euro's may also have a bit of an impact.

I forgot about the Euro's, Cleverly still has a chance.

what you say about Messi's probably true. Seen as xavi/iniesta/sneijder didn't win it in 2010 even though 2 of them won the world cup and well sneijder should've got it that year imo. Helped inter win the League, CL and helped Holland reach the world cup final which they should've won if it wasn't for Robbens misses.

United's last 12 games see us play against the bottom 10, Fulham at home and City away.

I'm starting to feel confident...

Super Tom and Smalling expected back next weekend. Tony V the week after. We need to be ahead of City before we go to The Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom