• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

i wish i shared the same optimism as some of you other chelsea fans about robbie d. i feel like 6th or 7th is now more likely than 4th :(

Kyoufu

i wish i shared the same optimism as some of you other chelsea fans about robbie d. i feel like 6th or 7th is now more likely than 4th :(

Arsenal seem to have found their form again so I think if they continue to play the same way they have been a.k.a. RVP carrying them then they should have 4th place locked down.

I think 5th or 6th is yours though.

FootballFan

I agree with you, and i don't see how Abramovich sacks AVB before the second leg against Napoli, now it's almost certain Chelsea wont get past the first knockout stage.
Not that I thought Chelsea were going to destroy Napoli or anything, I just felt that they still had a proper chance.

Ronaldo once again not scoring from a freekick.

I think Messi has scored more freekicks this season than Ronaldo. (Not 100% on this, just what I read lol)

Clegg

If you mean Sneijder to United then yes.
I can't see United going for Sneijder tbh. Our best chance was last year and that deal fell through. He's also 28 and I'm pretty sure United don't sign players for big transfer fees once they hit that age.

If Inter were to lower the fee then maybe United would be interested. Sneijder would also have to be willing to lower his wage demands.

Inter would be better off without Sneijder. He's got a questionable personality, and as Michael Cox pointed out, is probably overrated on the back of one spectacular season.

Their real problem is they can't afford to replace the many core players who are simply past their peak. It'll be four or five years of careful investment and good management for that club to enter a new cycle (unless they benefit from another rushed-through sporting misconduct scandal). And I'm not sure Moratti knows how to do either.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want Sneijder. He doesn't contribute enough towards defence, the only player who should be exempt from defending really is one striker. We don't have the luxury of playing him in a position where we neuter Rooney.

Honestly if I could pick any two players in the world it would be Modric and Schweinsteiger. No chance of the second happening but if we tabled a huge bid and Levy didn't play hardball like he did with Chelsea I'm sure Modric would think about coming. But I doubt Spurs would let him leave.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
careful investment and good management

qdIAY.gif
qdIAY.gif
qdIAY.gif

Rad-

I can't see United going for Sneijder tbh. Our best chance was last year and that deal fell through. He's also 28 and I'm pretty sure United don't sign players for big transfer fees once they hit that age.

If Inter were to lower the fee then maybe United would be interested. Sneijder would also have to be willing to lower his wage demands.

Considering the current relationship between Sneijder and Inter, I doubt he would cost big fees anymore.

Honestly if I could pick any two players in the world it would be Modric and Schweinsteiger. No chance of the second happening but if we tabled a huge bid and Levy didn't play hardball like he did with Chelsea I'm sure Modric would think about coming. But I doubt Spurs would let him leave.

Why would the Spurs let Modric go to a direct league rival for less than they were willing to charge Chelsea? Plus Spurs will have Champs league next season, so Modric has even less reason to leave.

Mastadon

Banned
I don't want Sneijder. He doesn't contribute enough towards defence, the only player who should be exempt from defending really is one striker. We don't have the luxury of playing him in a position where we neuter Rooney.

Can't see it to be honest. I doubt you can match what Chelsea were offering for him last year, and now that Spurs will be in the CL, there's less incentive for him to move, this year at least.

Wilbur

Banned
Why would the Spurs let Modric go to a direct league rival for less than they were willing to charge Chelsea? Plus Spurs will have Champs league next season, so Modric has even less reason to leave.

Can't see it to be honest. I doubt you can match what Chelsea were offering for him last year, and now that Spurs will be in the CL, there's less incentive for him to move, this year at least.

Yeah I agree, I don't see him coming, but I'd genuinely offer £50-60m, he's that good. If Levy says no, fair enough he's Tottenham's player and I don't like the idea of us talking shit like Chelsea did at the start of the season. But I'd fucking love him to come.

And FUCK Inter scored.

Kind of depressing that with the money we spent on, e.g., Pazienza and Vucinic we could have got Poli as an understudy to Pirlo. I mean I guess we have Marrone, but he hardly ever plays. And Ekdal is half Cagliari's player. Bouy is maybe a potential heir, but I know almost nothing about him.

Oh wait, Pazienza was free, wasn't he?

Motta, Vucinic, and Elia, then. €28M. Good God, Marotta.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm so glad we bought Matri and not Pazzini, what kinda miss was that!!!

Kind of depressing that with the money we spent on, e.g., Pazienza and Vucinic we could have got Poli as an understudy to Pirlo. I mean I guess we have Marrone, but he hardly ever plays. And Ekdal is half Cagliari's player. Bouy is maybe a potential heir, but I know almost nothing about him.

Oh wait, Pazienza was free, wasn't he?

Motta, Vucinic, and Elia, then. €28M. Good God, Marotta.
I hear good things about him from Ajax-GAF! He can play anywhere in midfield apparently?

Pazienza was free, Padoin wasn't.
wwQhr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom