• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
United's last 12 games see us play against the bottom 10, Fulham at home and City away.

I'm starting to feel confident...

Super Tom and Smalling expected back next weekend. Tony V the week after. We need to be ahead of City before we go to The Etihad.

After all your crying earlier today as well ;) I was quietly confident because it was Spurs but I can see us dropping points against Fulham or Blackburn.

Nero3000

Hang on does this guy not get a shout for player of the year?

Robin-Van-Persie.-Arsenal-007.jpg

31 goals and 7 assists in a more demanding league, without the quality of barca/Madrid around him.

United's last 12 games see us play against the bottom 10, Fulham at home and City away.

I'm starting to feel confident...

Super Tom and Smalling expected back next weekend. Tony V the week after. We need to be ahead of City before we go to The Etihad.

I agree.

City has a tough run of matches ahead of them, and United managed to survive the little post-holiday break surge(loss at Newcastle, but wins at Arsenal and Tottenham, win at home against Liverpool, and a draw at Stamford Bridge).

I could see us pulling this off.

K1LLER7

31 goals and 7 assists in a more demanding league, without the quality of barca/Madrid around him.

Arsenal won't win anything this season, if they won the CL then maybe he would but that ain't happening.

think both United and City will drop points, See Norwich being a tricky game for City.

dc89

Just caught up with Fady's Fady Multi-quote post.

I agree with you, United are on a roll and are looking scary :(

FootballFan

I cant see RVP getting it, unless Netherlands wins the Euro2012. More demanding league is an okay argument, but not really when you consider Messi has been the top scorer in the CL 3 seasons in a row(4 if he stays first this season).

Another thing I'd like to discuss, a lot of people always mention that Messi/Ronaldo have great players around them and that's why they get so many goals.
To those that say that, do you guys think players like Di Natale, Cavani, Huntelaar, RVP would get 45+ goals at Madrid/Barca since they all get 30+ at weaker teams?

I could see Rooney doing really good at Barca, except he would get in Messis way.

Salazar

That being said, another solid game for Evans-Ferdinand at the back today overall.

Yeah, I thought they were pretty good. I still think Raf coming on for Jones would have been a good idea - even if he wouldn't have quite been able or advised to play in his typical style.

Fair play to Young. I still think he should run with the ball and not look for the immediate inside or backward pass all the time, but him getting confidence is a great step.

xintin

turns out it was Jacob Mellis and Billy Clifford behind the smoke bomb at Cobham. In other words, not Piazon, not Chalobah, not Feruz, not anyone I would really miss if they were sent packing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Cambiasso was substituted by Andrea Poli and the crowd cheered loudly, prompting the midfielder to burst into tears once he was on the bench."

wOpTr.gif

Empty

evans was excellent today. he always has a mistake in him unfortunately, but i think he's shown his talent this season.

i believe we can win the title, and after getting through the last five games it's the first time it's been evens for me since vidic got injured, but thinking it over i think city probably will. they're the better quality team and though people will talk about experience etc they've shown no signs of being mentally weak in players or manager.

either way i'm really proud of how the team has done this season, it would have been so easy for them to just lie down and let city win after the humiliation of the 6-1, cl exit etc and all the injuries, talk about transition and move on, but instead they've fucking grafted their way to a really high points total historically and pushed a strong city side so far. people talk about giggs and scholes a lot but there's a lot of young players in the team and to see great resilience with them too is especially encouraging.

God I can't wait to get Vidic back. Won't be till the start of next season now but what a massive boost that's gonna be. It'll help De Gea loads I'm sure.

K1LLER7

Fair play to Young. I still think he should run with the ball and not look for the immediate inside or backward pass all the time, but him getting confidence is a great step.

I think he should look to shoot more often when he cuts in like today and against arsenal, thankfully he's got into some form the same time as Valencia got injured. Now hopefully Nani starts to play better.

Dibbz

De Gea had another good game today. Spurs were unlucky that they had there goal disallowed though.

Was not a handball but if you go by the letter of the law it was. To make it worse in the Fulham game Pog handled the ball in the same way as Adebayor, in the buildup the their 5th goal and nothing was given.

Either go by the letter of the law or don't but there needs to be consistency right across the league.

TeegsD

Yea, he also uses classic numbering and it will change each match. Howard is 1, and Dempsey was 10 last game. 11 is out striker, and our bench is 12-17. I personally love it. Think it is real cool.

That's actually really cool. Im thinking of picking up both Portugal and USA's new away kits. So much money though.

Salazar

That's actually really cool. Im thinking of picking up both Portugal and USA's new away kits. So much money though.

I just ordered the new Brazil away. Hoping to resist any more purchases, though.

Dibbz said:
Was not a handball but if you go by the letter of the law it was

My favourite Spurs nonsense this morning.

The Assou-Kotto freekick which clipped the crossbar would have been a goal if the United line had been the legal 10yds off

Kyoufu

RVP isn't an Arsenal fan. He'll leave the club for bigger prospects. It's not like he's Alan Shearer playing in his home town's club.

This article makes me wonder. First of all it's the Daily Mail, so I believe there is like a 5% chance of it being true. Lets pretend that it is, Roman still admires AVB but sacked him anyway, however he believes the players to be the problem and has promptly told them so.

If that was the case (it most likely wasn't) then why not instead, come out and publicly back your manager? So when he then feels comfortable to drop all the big ego'd tossers and perhaps has a few bad results, at least everybody would know a big summer shake up was coming and that a poor season or two was to be expected.

Bah, I don't know.

RVP isn't an Arsenal fan. He'll leave the club for bigger prospects. It's not like he's Alan Shearer playing in his home town's club.
I believe I read before that he was in fact an Arsenal fan.

Messi

that is why 10 point lead is so awesome! barca can beat us 5-0 but it won't matter at the end :D

madrid needs to avoid facing barca until cl final, madrid is the only team to beat barca in a cup final in the last couple of years

Have to beat CSKA first. :D

elsk

Banned
that is why 10 point lead is so awesome! barca can beat us 5-0 but it won't matter at the end :D

madrid needs to avoid facing barca until cl final, madrid is the only team to beat barca in a cup final in the last couple of years

RM would lose anyway. I think a random team like Napoli is more likely to beat them, tbh.

xintin

This article makes me wonder. First of all it's the Daily Mail, so I believe there is like a 5% chance of it being true. Lets pretend that it is, Roman still admires AVB but sacked him anyway, however he believes the players to be the problem and has promptly told them so.

If that was the case (it most likely wasn't) then why not instead, come out and publicly back your manager? So when he then feels comfortable to drop all the big ego'd tossers and perhaps has a few bad results, at least everybody would know a big summer shake up was coming and that a poor season or two was to be expected.

Bah, I don't know.
damn, slept at the training ground and working out solo in the rain before he got the sack. Whether it's Inter or somewhere else, I hope AVB finds a ton of success in his future.

Lightning

Banned
Heard the news about AVB while at work. Pathetic.... Abramovich sucks.

I hope Chelsea finish 6th now and lose both their FA cup replay and Champions League 2nd leg.

Fintan

Bah, I don't know.

I believe I read before that he was in fact an Arsenal fan.

I don't understand this, he blames the player and claims there will be changes in the summer but then he gets rid of the guy who presumably had every intention of making those changes in the summer. Again presuming the article is true.

Anyway the more I think about this whole situation the more annoying it gets. I hope AVB has great success elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom