• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Heard the news about AVB while at work. Pathetic.... Abramovich sucks.

I hope Chelsea finish 6th now and lose both their FA cup replay and Champions League 2nd leg.

Yep the players need to realize that they are shit and it was not AVB. If they win though, that makes AVB look like an idiot. :|

Kyoufu

I think he means in the sense that RVP isn't a slavering nutter for the club.

Yeah. Shearer is a Geordie through and through. He carried Newcastle from start to finish. RVP is not going to do that for Arsenal.

Sorry Arsenal fans. I know he's amazing to have in your club :(

Clegg

FFS I can't sleep.

Good think I have a 2 week break from Uni starting today *swag*

It's supposed to be for study time but w/e

xintin

I don't understand this, he blames the player and claims there will be changes in the summer but then he gets rid of the guy who presumably had every intention of making those changes in the summer. Again presuming the article is true.

Anyway the more I think about this whole situation the more annoying it gets. I hope AVB has great success elsewhere.
The Guardian have an article up saying basically the same thing - Roman blames the players at least as much as AVB. I dont know how refutable a source they are though.

At least they're confident Pep or Jose will come to rescue us next season!

The Guardian have an article up saying basically the same thing - Roman blames the players at least as much as AVB. I dont know how refutable a source they are though.

At least they're confident Pep or Jose will come to rescue us next season!

???

There is more chance of Barca selling Messi to Madrid than Mourinho going back to Chelsea.

rodvik

I don't understand this, he blames the player and claims there will be changes in the summer but then he gets rid of the guy who presumably had every intention of making those changes in the summer. Again presuming the article is true.

Anyway the more I think about this whole situation the more annoying it gets. I hope AVB has great success elsewhere.

Roman believes that when managers start failing it is not recoverable.

Not saying he is right but he has been very consistent, I kinda respect him for it. He just does not tolerate failure.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah. Shearer is a Geordie through and through. He carried Newcastle from start to finish. RVP is not going to do that for Arsenal.

Sorry Arsenal fans. I know he's amazing to have in your club :(
If Van Persie was 23 years old I would care what happens end season but considering his age. At his age though, ask yourself how many years Van Persie can replicate this years success? The answer is not many.

Besides, I am of the opinion that Arsenal should hold him for next year regardless if he signs or not unless we get offered a really high price.

Kyoufu

If Van Persie was 23 years old I would care what happens end season but considering his age. At his age though, ask yourself how many years Van Persie can replicate this years success? The answer is not many.

All the more reason for him wanting to leave for bigger opportunities. He doesn't have many years left. Might as well make them count in Spain :)

Lightning

Banned
All the more reason for him wanting to leave for bigger opportunities. He doesn't have many years left. Might as well make them count in Spain :)
We'll see.

We finish 4th and make the correct decisions in the transfer market and I am sure Van Persie can be persuaded to sign to finish his career at Arsenal much like the great Dennis Bergkamp.

IceCold

Why is leaving supposedly leaving Real? Is it his own personal decision or is the club unsatisfied with Real's results?

Kyoufu

We'll see.

We finish 4th and make the correct decisions in the transfer market and I am sure Van Persie can be persuaded to sign to finish his career at Arsenal much like the great Dennis Bergkamp.

Or he'll go to Spain like like the great Thierry Henry :)

I mean, Bergkamp did win trophies with Arsenal.

G17

He clearly is a "nutter" for the club when you watch him throughout all these years, after all his two idols Bergkamp is a legend here, and the other Van Basten told him to stay at the club. It seems like he really does love the club, and the city.

I can't see him leaving unless we go below 4th, and even then the chances are low.

Salazar

He clearly is a "nutter" for the club when you watch him throughout all these years, after all his two idols Bergkamp is a legend here, and the other Van Basten told him to stay at the club. It seems like he really does love the club, and the city.

What we were saying is that this is not the case to a sufficient degree that he wouldn't contemplate leaving. I mean, he already appears to be contemplating leaving: you're going to have to fix yourselves up substantially to keep him.

MPW

What I mean is, why does this rumour exist and why would Mourinho leave Real?

cause that is what he does

win trophies, leave while being on top, on to the next job

but yeah, i think he'll go to man city

if mou fails to win cl this season, maybe he'll stay 1 more year at madrid

if he wins cl and la liga this season, he's so gone

Ingeniero

At this rate, Arsenal should pass Spurs for the 3th place.
And ManU vs City all the way till the last match would be awesome.

Bo-Locks

Why is leaving supposedly leaving Real? Is it his own personal decision or is the club unsatisfied with Real's results?

Same reason he left Inter I suppose. He doesn't like the culture of the club or the country, so he'll win a championship and then look to go back to England.

The only jobs that I can see Mourinho sticking out for 5+ years are at Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea.

EDIT: Ferguson said that he's got about 3 years left in him, so I hope that Mourinho sticks it out at Real for another couple of years and then goes to Old Trafford. That would be great.

Blablurn

p3050262zgj7g.jpg

two new shirts i got today!!! totally digging the new japan jersey.

Same reason he left Inter I suppose. He doesn't like the culture of the club or the country, so he'll win a championship and then look to go back to England.

The only jobs that I can see Mourinho sticking out for 5+ years are at Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea.

I could definitely see Mourinho moving himself to get into position for the United job when it eventually opens.

His ego seems the perfect size to fill a Fergie-sized hole.

Bo-Locks

Giggs has made 901 appearances for the club (1 less than Maldini for Milan) and Ferguson has been in charge for 986 league games. :eek:

elsk

Banned

EDIT: Ferguson said that he's got about 3 years left in him, so I hope that Mourinho sticks it out at Real for another couple of years and then goes to Old Trafford. That would be great.

I don't know. Could a long term project work under Mourinho?
Look how their old teams ended up: Inter and Chelsea (less worse).

IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/p3050262zgj7g.jpg[/IMG]

two new shirts i got today!!! totally digging the new japan jersey.

Wait. Are you mexican?!

MPW

i see him taking over man city, he ain't gonna wait 3 years until fergie retires, he leaving after next season at the very latest

IceCold

i see him taking over man city, he ain't gonna wait 3 years until fergie retires, he leaving after next season at the very latest

I hope he doesn't. I think he'd rather Man Utd since it has more history and it would be more of a prestigious job to have. Plus him and SAF are BFFs.

Salazar

I hope he doesn't. I think he'd rather Man Utd since it has more history and it would be more of a prestigious job to have. Plus him and SAF are BFFs.

Being the manager who takes over from Ferguson is probably the most high-pressure managerial situation there has been in English league football. That does rather make it exquisitely set up for Jose.

The tumble-drying of managers at Chelsea doesn't count as high pressure in the same sense. That is just pure dysfunction.

Blablurn

I don't know. Could a long term project work under Mourinho?
Look how their old teams ended up: Inter and Chelsea (less worse).

Wait. Are you mexican?!

nah, still german. but my girlfriend is haha. lil influence from her. she got the same one btw.

Blablurn, I love you and your choice in CA jersey. no bromo.
Anyways, did you see the CA vs Monterrey game this weekend?

i actually watched it ! was pretty entertaining. monterrey surprised me with some good passing.

Lightning

Banned
I seriously hope Wenger isn't entertaining the idea of playing Mikel Arteta against AC Milan. I've read his injury isn't that bad but he should be rested and ready to go for Newcastle which is a much more important game.

Rest as many of our first team players as possible, especially Van Persie/Vermaelen/Arteta, and give our youngsters a game in the Champions League.

neoanarch

I love the Cruz Azul kit. The white one is better though.

Also the old big four all won this weekend. Pretty entertaining matches too.

I don't know what this says about mexican football.

the official full year table.
10 points between 6th and 16th.

I seriously hope Wenger isn't entertaining the idea of playing Mikel Arteta against AC Milan. I've read his injury isn't that bad but he should be rested and ready to go for Newcastle which is a much more important game.

Rest as many of our first team players as possible, especially Van Persie/Vermaelen/Arteta, and give our youngsters a game in the Champions League.

Cmon its only a 4 goal deficit....we can do it!!!!

Fady K

Only thing I will point out Fady is that it's not been predictable for a long time this season and I wouldn't say it's a much deserved title for City anyway. I don't think its just bias talking but I'm so proud of the way we're fighting for the title with what's happened to us this season. We might not be playing great football but City should have wrapped it up ages ago. If they don't win it we'll have deserved it.

Your team fought very hard, i'll give you that. As a non-United fan I'd love to see City get it for a few reasons, as I believe they fought just as hard and that they play more attractive football. I also respect how they held Liverpool at Anfield with 10 men and an own goal; or like how they spent nearly a whole match with one man off to go from 3-0 to 3-2 with United. I also felt they had a tougher champions league campaign and did better than United there, even though United had a weaker group without a doubt. Also with the Europa league so far, I felt Porto is a tougher team to face than Ajax who are only starting to do better now. I also feel bad that City did not get a deserved point against Sunderland - the goal was offside and should not have counted. But still, many teams were hard done by in different games. If United win the title, it will be deserved surely.

Madrid-Espanyol about to start.

edit: Holy mother of AVB sacked??!
Oh my.. bad luck fady :(

Yeah it sucks bro! I don't see how the situation will improve with our assistant coach. This season has been horrible, I hope the next one is better! I also hope Barca don't leave such a wide gap with Madrid next season!

It wasn't really a wish, it was more logical thinking!

To be honest I'm still very disappointed about it, but its done.
I still blame Gourlay and Buck.

Im looking forward to seeing how RDM does though, it will certainly be interesting.

It is logical, definitely. I was hoping they'd drop a megaton on us with a new credible manager. My dream right now is Mourinho finishes his business with Madrid for the season and gets appointed. All men can dream.

i wish i shared the same optimism as some of you other chelsea fans about robbie d. i feel like 6th or 7th is now more likely than 4th :(

I feel the same way you do. I recall him losing to Ancelotti's Chelsea 6-0 when he was managing West Brom; not getting my hopes up. However, there is ONE thing I am excited for, we may play a slightly different brand of football. Maybe.

10 point lead maintained!

2012-02-13+Messi+and+Pique+Manita.jpg

:mad:!!! I reckon it the further Barca will come to Madrid this season is 7 points behind them. Can't see any other scenario. Madrid fully deserve it obviously. Congrats : ]

Just caught up with Fady's Fady Multi-quote post.

I agree with you, United are on a roll and are looking scary :(

That's the thing, United only have two potentially tough games for the rest of the season in the league. Sunderland and your team.

You guys have Swansea away, Stoke away, Sunderland at home, Arsenal away, Norwich away, United home, and Newcastle home. City should step it up in those games especially and especially beat United at home to put a 3 point gap between them. I don't see City getting the title, but I'll be rooting for you guys. If City ever deserved to get the title, this will be the season for it.

Salazar

I can recommend this Graham Hunter book about Barca. Quite a few pages in now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00736W9C6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There's a little bit of hero-worship in the tone, which can be a bit annoying here and there, but it's fascinating.

Oh Korea said:
A South Korean environmental group is appealing to Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-sung, who said he used to drink juice made from boiled frogs to build his physique, to help it protect the amphibians from a surge in consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom