• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

No City home game should be red. I think they forget we've won them all there this season. Amber yes, Red no.

It's from the Daily Mail.

Salazar

No City home game should be red.

Just because you haven't bottled it yet doesn't signify about the run-in.

I don't believe Abramovich about "massive changes". And even if he does mean to implement radical cuts and purchases, I really don't think he should be involved in any meaningful or dominant sense. Because he's woefully clueless.

And the DM article about the players winding him up about being on time is just embarrassing. Millionaires being paid to play football getting salty about what time they have to drive their sportscar to work.

Sloosha

Just saw that Daily Mail story about the Chelsea dressing room. Obviously it's hard to tell fact from fiction, but it's nevertheless infuriating to hear about what an awful environment that place is. Feel bad for the players who are actually giving full effort.

Like the quotes on Sky Sports basically stating that Abramovich is blaming the squad for the sacking and that they're all playing for their future Chelsea career.

MPW

u know what would be funny?

mourinho leaves madrid for chelsea, doesn't win cl but wins la liga
avb comes in, avb's madrid wins cl by beating mourinho's chelsea in the final

Salazar

Like the quotes on Sky Sports basically stating that Abramovich is blaming the squad for the sacking and that they're all playing for their future Chelsea career.

I would dearly like to be the person to tell Ashley to do one.

The Mourinho/Pep stuff is just papers trying for maximum drama. I simply don't think the Chelsea job is an attractive one any longer for managers of their calibre. I don't think Mourinho, in particular, would want to oversee a rebuilding phase.

pappe

No City home game should be red. I think they forget we've won them all there this season. Amber yes, Red no.

There is no chance City are gonna drop points against sides like Norwich ,Swansea, Wolves and a Chelsea side managed by Roberto Di Matteo. So the only tricky fixtures for them are Arsenal away, Stoke away ,Utd at home and Newcastle away.

And Considering how inconsistent we have been. WBA (based on their recent form) and Everton at OT are gonna be tough game. I also dont expect us to drop points against Wolves and Blackburn.

So the real tricky fixtures for us are WBA , Everton at home ,MAn CIty away and Sunderland away.

Fady K

Fady, today I'll pick up FIFA for Vita. What's your timezone?

Hey bro :D I did some research - apparently the VITA version has a worldwide online system. The only problem is there does not seem to be online co-op, which sucks : [

My question is, do you know if FIFA 12 on the PS3 has online co-op? Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 has that.

Oh and the time difference is + 3 hours ahead of Madrid here. It's 12:45 PM right now in Abu Dhabi.

Just because you haven't bottled it yet doesn't signify about the run-in.

Expect this kind of talk to be a feature of the run-in with current and past United players giving it the usual "United have been here before, City will bottle it" interviews to the press starting just prior to the Chelsea game in 2 weeks.

FootballFan

Wow, it's going to be an exciting run in for the PL title. I can see ManU winning it, though that Manchester Derby will be vital(hopefully).
It's all going according to keikaku for SAF.
Translator Note: Keikaku means Plan

Salazar

Expect this kind of talk to be a feature of the run-in with current and past United players giving it the usual "United have been here before, City will bottle it" interviews to the press starting just prior to the Chelsea game in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying City will bottle it. Just that a good home record so far isn't as meaningful as it might be. Teams are going to be clawing each other's faces off for points, with the bottom half as tight as it is and the desperation for Europe so acute.

And I am entirely sanguine about the possibility of United choking. I imply nothing too tremendous about our squad's experience as a factor.

Fady K

I still cannot wait to see how different United will be, if at all during the post-Ferguson era. If they can remain on top of their game in 3 years without Fergie that would be very impressive.

u know what would be funny?

mourinho leaves madrid for chelsea, doesn't win cl but wins la liga
avb comes in, avb's madrid wins cl by beating mourinho's chelsea in the final

Actually that would be funny, and I'm a Chelsea fan :p It would be nice to see AVB lift a Champions League cup.

There is no chance City are gonna drop points against sides like Norwich ,Swansea, Wolves and a Chelsea side managed by Roberto Di Matteo. So the only tricky fixtures for them are Arsenal away, Stoke away ,Utd at home and Newcastle away.

So the real tricky fixtures for us are WBA , Everton at home ,MAn CIty away and Sunderland away.

I think United have been consistently good for a while now bro, there is a very good chance they're going to speed through City by the time the Etihad game is set.

City also have to face Arsenal at the Emirates, and at this stage, that won't be easy at all. Could even be a loss. Norwich, and especially Swansea, at home could easily become draws for City. It'll be tough for City to stay on top in the end.

MPW

'Jose will not return to Blues'

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will not be the answer to Chelsea's growing problems at Stamford Bridge, according to former Madrid star Michael Laudrup.

"They are in a moment of transition and they will have to change some of the older players," Laudrup told Sky Sports.

"And some of those older players were some of the key players when Mourinho was last at Chelsea.

"So you have your key players, you leave, and then you come back and tell your ex-key players: 'I'm sorry, now you have to leave. I have to build a new team.'

"I don't believe that [he can do that]."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...t-return-to-chelsea---michael-laudrup?cc=5901

when mou eventually leaves, i wouldn't mind him being the manager of madrid

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At this rate, Arsenal should pass Spurs for the 3th place.

fufufufu

Arsenal made the most of the worst Spurs performance in years to beat us in the derby and their only top class player pinched two goals against Liverpool for them. Their weaknesses haven't gone away, they could have lost by another 6 goal margin at Anfield. We recovered well from the derby and dominated United yesterday, I have no doubt we will go on another run now, a good cup win on Wednesday will lift spirits.

Fady K

'Jose will not return to Blues'

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will not be the answer to Chelsea's growing problems at Stamford Bridge, according to former Madrid star Michael Laudrup.

"They are in a moment of transition and they will have to change some of the older players," Laudrup told Sky Sports.

"And some of those older players were some of the key players when Mourinho was last at Chelsea.

"So you have your key players, you leave, and then you come back and tell your ex-key players: 'I'm sorry, now you have to leave. I have to build a new team.'

"I don't believe that [he can do that]."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...t-return-to-chelsea---michael-laudrup?cc=5901

when mou eventually leaves, i wouldn't mind him being the manager of madrid

No shock here, cause, honestly, even if Jose would like to return, how will Abramovich welcome him after giving him the boot back then? It'll be a miracle if it happens.

Hey bro :D I did some research - apparently the VITA version has a worldwide online system. The only problem is there does not seem to be online co-op, which sucks : [

My question is, do you know if FIFA 12 on the PS3 has online co-op? Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 has that.

Oh and the time difference is + 3 hours ahead of Madrid here. It's 12:45 PM right now in Abu Dhabi.

IIRC, PC version has co-op, so PS3 must have it too. Unfortunately, I don't owe the PS3 version (Dualshock sucks).

Fady K

fufufufu

Arsenal made the most of the worst Spurs performance in years to beat us in the derby and their only top class player pinched two goals against Liverpool for them. Their weaknesses haven't gone away, they could have lost by another 6 goal margin at Anfield. We recovered well from the derby and dominated United yesterday, I have no doubt we will go on another run now, a good cup win on Wednesday will lift spirits.

Ushojax what happened yesterday bro :/ I didn't catch the game but like you I was very disappointed. Was it the absence of Bale + Parker? Was it poor defending?

Salazar

We recovered well from the derby and dominated United yesterday

You wasted Modric, passed largely sideways and backwards, lumped it to Adebayor and Saha to genuinely negligible effect, and shipped two embarrassing goals.

/filling in for doicare.

Fady K

IIRC, PC version has co-op, so PS3 must have it too. Unfortunately, I don't owe the PS3 version (Dualshock sucks).

Hey now you can get used to it :p Thing is, I absolutely SUCK at FIFA and I'm not a fan of online versus :[ But i'll tell you what I may pick it up anyway. Let me know when you do. If we go on with this, brace yourself for the worst version of Barcelona you'll ever play against :p Hopefully FIFA 13 will add some cooler features.

Splatt

Ushojax what happened yesterday bro :/ I didn't catch the game but like you I was very disappointed. Was it the absence of Bale + Parker? Was it poor defending?

Not really poor defending, just lapses in concentration that United knows how to turn into goals.

Hey now you can get used to it :p Thing is, I absolutely SUCK at FIFA and I'm not a fan of online versus :[ But i'll tell you what I may pick it up anyway. Let me know when you do. If we go on with this, brace yourself for the worst version of Barcelona you'll ever play against :p Hopefully FIFA 13 will add some cooler features.

Anyway, there are other Vita games we can play.

FootballFan

No shock here, cause, honestly, even if Jose would like to return, how will Abramovich welcome him after giving him the boot back then? It'll be a miracle if it happens.

I hadn't even thought about that, lol. Awkward moment of Mou and Abramovich reuniting.
I can see AVB coaching Barca if Pep doesnt renew.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You wasted Modric, passed largely sideways and backwards, lumped it to Adebayor and Saha to genuinely negligible effect, and shipped two embarrassing goals.

/filling in for doicare.

Don't get me wrong, we didn't deserve to win. But we looked much more solid than against Arsenal. We simply had a young player show his naivety on all 3 goals. Walker let the side down but he'll learn, on another day it would be Jones who was made to look stupid, as he had a mare as well.

I don't agree that we wasted Modric. He had 6 key passes, completed 6/10 crosses and bamboozled Jones when switching with Ade/Lennon.

Fady K said:

Lapses in concentration, basically. Didn't defend a corner properly right on half-time, didn't mark correctly on a throw-in near our box or clear the ball properly when it came across the face and didn't track Young or close him down properly outside the box. All 3 were preventable but it's something for Walker to learn from. He is still a kid. Other than the 3 United goals they created absolutely nothing and barely held the ball until the game was dead at 3-0.

Salazar

I don't agree that we wasted Modric. He had 6 key passes, completed 6/10 crosses and bamboozled Jones when switching with Ade/Lennon

Hot and cold taps probably bamboozle Jones.

He made an adequate job of it, but I would have feared him an awful lot more if he was central.

It's unfortunate you don't have a game against City to come, though.

What do you mean by online co op? Like play with a friend against someone online? Cause me and a friend do that all the time, just think you can only do it in unranked matches.

Bo-Locks

And Considering how inconsistent we have been. WBA (based on their recent form) and Everton at OT are gonna be tough game. I also dont expect us to drop points against Wolves and Blackburn.

I disagree. Every single year the top teams drop points against shitty opposition, where you would not normally expect it to happen. United will drop a couple of points against gash teams like WBA and QPR and Man City will drop points against the likes of Wolves, Norwich and Sunderland. As Ferguson said, both teams will drop points, it's just a matter of dropping less than you're opponents. Teams always slip up where you least expect it. This is the same reason that I was quietly confident about the Spurs game yesterday. I thought that we would win, but I still expect us to drop easy points.

It could go either way now. I don't know why people are already deeming April 30th to be the title decider, there are nearly 2 months of football to play between now and then and a lot could change.

I don't really mind who gets third and fourth place, as long as it's not Chelsea. Tottenham and Arsenal can sort it out between themselves, just keep the chavs out.

faridmon

Pep to be a Chelsea manager and win the CL just to piss of Mou
and then end up 5th the next season with Roman giving him the boot

Manager

Clichy: 'Barry is our Makelele'

Manchester City defender Gael Clichy believes Yaya Toure could not be the dynamic force he is without Gareth Barry beside him.

Toure has given City's Barclays Premier League title charge a shot in the arm with two outstanding performances in victories over Blackburn and Bolton since returning from the African Nations Cup.

The inspirational Ivory Coast midfielder was sorely missed in January as City went out of both domestic cup competitions and wobbled in the league by losing at Everton.

City look a much tougher proposition with him back but Clichy also wants to highlight the role of a relatively unsung hero in Barry.

"Of course Yaya is impressive, but it's always the way in football that the players who score goals or make a difference in the final third are the ones we look at," Clichy said.

"But without Gareth Barry, Yaya wouldn't be the same player. You have to give credit where it's due.

"Yaya is a great player, and that is why he played for a team like Barcelona and won the Champions League and everything.

"But it's like Zinedine Zidane - at the time he was playing for Real Madrid he had Claude Makelele behind him. We have to know the qualities in our team and of course we are happy to have Yaya but we have to give credit to the whole team because we play good football and are defensively solid."
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/03/05/Clichy-Barry-is-our-Makelele/gnid-133231/?

FIREWALL!

Zinedine Toure!

What a midfield.

pappe

I disagree. Every single year the top teams drop points against shitty opposition, where you would not normally expect it to happen. United will drop a couple of points against gash teams like WBA and QPR and Man City will drop points against the likes of Wolves, Norwich and Sunderland. As Ferguson said, both teams will drop points, it's just a matter of dropping less than you're opponents. Teams always slip up where you least expect it. This is the same reason that I was quietly confident about the Spurs game yesterday. I thought that we would win, but I still expect us to drop easy points.

It could go either way now. I don't know why people are already deeming April 30th to be the title decider, there are nearly 2 months of football to play between now and then and a lot could change.

I don't really mind who gets third and fourth place, as long as it's not Chelsea. Tottenham and Arsenal can sort it out between themselves, just keep the chavs out.

Of course, there is no denying that. I said what i said based on the current forms. There is always a chance of an upset (Utd lost to Blackburn at home yet i said they will win away.) but i assume the fixtures i mentioned are more likely to cause an upset.

Kenka

Strange, between last week and this week in the BL, we went from this:

2o3k7.png

to this:

VVqx6.png

Dortmund Meister indeed. Everybody wet the bed below them.

pappe

How is it that German top teams have conceded just 15-16 goals in 24 games so far? Are the top teams just so good defensively or the bottom teams just full of shit offense?

Kenka

How is it that German top teams have conceded just 15-16 goals in 24 games so far? Are the top teams just so good defensively or the bottom teams just full of shit offense?
Given the BL teams record in the European Cups this year so far, I'd say the latter.

dc89

Just read a few Chelsea articles. If any of it is true the players in question need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

If they don't like being part of the squad then get out. That's what needs to be said to them. How can they expect to play every game. Taking your turn on the bench or in the stands is what it's about these days. It's a squad game.

Look at City, £150m worth of talent on the bench. Mancini deserves a lot of credit for how he has managed the supposed 'egos' at City. I can't remember the last time I read a story of dressing room disruption. I don't think you can count Tevez, sure he refused to do this that and the other but the club dealt with him in a very respectable manner.

I hope that Roman is true to his word and that he brings big changes in summer. It's too late for AVB now, the footballing world can only think of what he could have achieved if given the time. I think he was the right manager at the wrong time. The poisonous characters are going to give any manager coming in a worry.

Salazar

Look at City, £150m worth of talent on the bench.

I don't see how this is supposed to make us respect or admire the club, lol.

So, apparently this QPR documentary is utterly hilarious. If anyone finds it somewhere on the internet, please PM me.

Just read a few Chelsea articles. If any of it is true the players in question need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

If they don't like being part of the squad then get out. That's what needs to be said to them. How can they expect to play every game. Taking your turn on the bench or in the stands is what it's about these days. It's a squad game.

Look at City, £150m worth of talent on the bench. Mancini deserves a lot of credit for how he has managed the supposed 'egos' at City. I can't remember the last time I read a story of dressing room disruption. I don't think you can count Tevez, sure he refused to do this that and the other but the club dealt with him in a very respectable manner.

I hope that Roman is true to his word and that he brings big changes in summer. It's too late for AVB now, the footballing world can only think of what he could have achieved if given the time. I think he was the right manager at the wrong time. The poisonous characters are going to give any manager coming in a worry.
Top post.

I would love Mourinho to come back, but it will never happen as far as I'm concerned. My brother on the other hand thinks it's nailed on, written in the stars just waiting to happen.

Fur_Q

I don't see how this is supposed to make us respect or admire the club, lol.

So, apparently this QPR documentary is utterly hilarious. If anyone finds it somewhere on the internet, please PM me.

Yeah watched it last night, fucking hilarious Flavio Briatore keeps calling every manager they have a motherfucker and every time QPR conceded a goal he shouts (along the line of) "cocksucker he's gone fuck him fucking useless motherfucker" ie Paulo Sousa and Jim Magilton.

defel

Man City is like the eager puppy of the premier league. They have recently been taken over, their squad is getting better and better and the players feel like they have the ability in the team and the resources behind them in the setup to achieve anything. You get that impression from watching some of the videos on MUFC.tv. Chelsea have lost that optimism. They need a fresh start. They have all the resources of City yet there is this sour, bad-taste behind the scenes.

Man City have so much talent that once City do start becoming successful they have to learn from Chelsea and remember that no matter how intrinsic the core players are, no-one is bigger than the club. If Mancini earns the respect from the players and stays at City for many years that shouldn't be a problem (Alex Ferguson being the obvious example here). The problem for Chelsea is that they require a manager who can lead the players. I think Ancelotti commanded that level of respect but clearly AVB never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom