• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the BL teams record in the European Cups this year so far, I'd say the latter.

We're not really worse off than the EPL teams:

2 EPL/BL team in the EL:
- City | Shitalke
- Utd | Hanover

2 EPL/BL teams in the CL:
- Arsenal | Bayern
- Chelsea | Leverkusen

At least Bayern can still make it to the next round..
Bayern didn't concede too many goals in the CL either, while Dortmund is still too green & the CL games came at the time where the whole team was restructuring because Sahin decided to bail.
And yes, better goalkeepers, srsly

Arnie

Juventus have made the first leg of the Coppa Italia final free for their fans.

Amazing.

That's amazing.

That QPR documentary is brilliant, watched it last night when it aired. Had a few friends saying they needed to go do work but they ended up transfixed until the end.

Jesus that Flavio is a twat. Makes you wonder about the owners at your club. I'm trying to imagine John Henry kicking a door and cursing at Stewart Downing.

Heppell

Banned
I still dont get the rumors of Mourinho to Chelsea.

Its that Mourinho has nothing to prove going back there as it is there loss of letting him go, if you know what i mean. Unless he will get a shit load of cash, which i dont think it will matter as he is already getting over 200k at Real.

I still think he has more chance of going to Man City if they dont win the League or Liverpool, (i know you might think im crazy, but maybe he sees it as a challenge going there to break there League drought.)

Manager

I still dont get the rumors of Mourinho to Chelsea.

Its that Mourinho has nothing to prove going back there as it is there loss of letting him go, if you know what i mean. Unless he will get a shit load of cash, which i dont think it will matter as he is already getting over 200k at Real.

I still think he has more chance of going to Man City if they dont win the League or Liverpool, (i know you might think im crazy, but maybe he sees it as a challenge going there to break there League drought.)

City will most likely keep Mancini for a long while. Ferguson recently said he'd stay for another two or three years. He has very little to play with at Arsenal.

Chelsea might in the end be one of the few choices he has, and he said he wants to return to England. Who knows what kind of relationship him and Roman actually had. Hate/love? Mou might also have matured more and Roman now knows he's one of the best in the world.

pappe

I think Mou will be at Real for 1 more season. He might go to Bundesliga or French league after that to be out of the limelight for a while. Then come to EPL.

Manager

I think Mou will be at Real for 1 more season. He might go to Bundesliga or French league after that to be out of the limelight for a while. Then come to EPL.

Why would he want to go to Bundesliga or France? I see literally no reason.

neoanarch

City will most likely keep Mancini for a long while. Ferguson recently said he'd stay for another two or three years. He has very little to play with at Arsenal.

Chelsea might in the end be one of the few choices he has, and he said he wants to return to England. Who knows what kind of relationship him and Roman actually had. Hate/love? Mou might also have matured more and Roman now knows he's one of the best in the world.

Please, he pretty much has an open choice of club and country.

Salazar

0vbjt.jpg

pappe

Why would he want to go to Bundesliga or France? I see literally no reason.

Maybe after being in a job with probably the highest pressure and spotlight, he might think about taking a lil time off or just go into a job with significantly less pressure. I dunno.

Maybe after being in a job with probably the highest pressure and spotlight, he might think about taking a lil time off or just go into a job with significantly less pressure. I dunno.

Mourinho has always seemed to love exactly that though and it's not like whatever french or german team would get him, wouldn't expect him to do miracles.

The treatment, according to one journalist, some of the Chelsea players gave AVB was terrible. Behaving in a childish way just to spite his authority. For example, he was strict about the times they must arrive at the training facility...and they would speed in within seconds to go, waving their hands at him as he stood on the balcony waiting for the arrivals.

I can't see Mancini going anywhere, why would City even want rid of him? it would be madness, as I'm sure you well know.

As for Roman a Mourinho, I'm fairly certain they settled their differences a few years back. Still don't think he'll be back at Chelsea though.

The treatment, according to one journalist, some of the Chelsea players gave AVB was terrible. Behaving in a childish way just to spite his authority. For example, he was strict about the times they must arrive at the training facility...and they would speed in within seconds to go, waving their hands at him as he stood on the balcony waiting for the arrivals.
Dicks.

pappe

Ashley Cole?

I don't think many are surprised that Villas-Boas was fired, even this soon into his tenure. I know we discussed this a week or two ago, and most seemed to agree the same things would be the reason he went - the Players & The Owner.

Neither are going to go away soon and the Chelsea Cycle continues. Its going to take a HUGE personality to come in and actively change anything. Villas-Boas was attempting it, and while it seemed too quick on the pitch, the Sea Change didn't happen within the root of the club - the dressing room.

Its a tough one to call though; how DO you manage 23+ different personalities? How do you manage several sects and cliques within a squad and keep a happy medium between authority and happiness? That's the mark of a truly great manager, being able to mix tactical awareness with the ability to man manage.
While I don't openly rate Redknapp as a manager, he does seem to have the ability to man manage (though those he can't manage do seem to be quickly shipped out). Ferguson is another who has managed this over his career several times (again shipping out those who can't be managed).

Was Villas-Boas ever allowed the chance to ship out/transfer players he didn't want, or couldn't manage? Probably not considering his tenure was so short. Would he have been allowed? Again, probably not - There are no replacements for those players that can only assume to be causing the problems (The Old Guard: Ashley Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard, etc.).

If this is true it's terrible but... I really have a hard time believing in much of the bullshit the English papers writes. I hope that none of the players were that big cunts.

Salazar

Those academy players with the smoke grenade have been suspended, too - futures uncertain.

Incidentally, Jack Barmby, son of Nick, is coming along bloody well in United's youth system.

We've all seen young kids with amazing skill and ability that stand out from the rest on the park or playground. But what does it take to actually become a pro? Is it really just about hard work and dedication through the academies? Can you make a footballer or are they born? Why did Lionel Messi turn out to be a better dribbler and have better close control than any other of the younger kids his age? Why is Xavi more consistent than Carrick? Where is the technique from

Manager

It was in Daily Mail, with some more interesting info in it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

In the dressing-room the players grew tired of his timekeeping, fed up of him monitoring their arrival some days from the balcony of his first-floor office.

Some started a game among themselves, flying into the car park as the seconds counted down to the scheduled arrival time. They would jump out of their cars with moments to spare, winding up the manager by acknowledging him with a sarcastic wave as they headed in to change.

He also claim AVB used to be at the Chelsea site 12 hours a day, and that he sometimes slept in the dressing rooms instead of going home.

Interesting stat:
He holds the players accountable for the sacking and is angry at their refusal to submit to the methods the manager had used so successfully with Porto. There, Villas-Boas relied on his frontline of Falcao and Hulk to score 74 goals between them on the way to a remarkable Treble. At Chelsea, Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres have responded with 11 goals.

Porto relied a lot on the strikers, while Chelsea didn't.

It was in Daily Mail, with some more interesting info in it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

He also claim AVB used to be at the Chelsea site 12 hours a day, and that he sometimes slept in the dressing rooms instead of going home.

Interesting stat:

Porto relied a lot on the strikers, while Chelsea didn't.
I actually posted the article last night. So I read the ins and outs (assuming they're true) I was just once more showing my disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom