• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

You assholes better fucking win and do it convincingly. I'm tired of Italian teams forgetting their nuts at home when they are in Europe. This is the first time in a long time that I'm not dreading watching an Italian fixture in the CL. I, of course, want Milan to drop points in Serie A and lose to us in Coppa, but in terms of CL? Forza Milan!

Relax, Ibra will take care of it by himself. Like he did with Barca @ Emirates.

elsk

Banned
True, but more importantly it's good for Serie A. I want that 4th CL spot back so badly.

I don't see that happening soon.

uefa-coef-24.02.12.jpg

France is more likely to catch you if Marseille makes a very good CL run.

Lightning

Banned
So looks like Arsenal are going to try and put out a strong squad against Milan.
Yeah, I watched the interview as well but don't like this decision. Watch us get a few key injuries in this game and still go out of the Champions League...

Risking Van Persie, Vermaelen and Arteta against Milan is stupid given all of them are not 100% fit. Wenger complained that both RVP and Vernaelen were not 100% fit before the Liverpool game but then pulls this? What the fuck is wrong with him sometimes...

I don't see that happening soon.

[xIMG]http://mibundesliga.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/uefa-coef-24.02.12.jpg[/IMG]

France is more likely to catch you if Marseille makes a very good CL run.

Sure, especially when that 6.xx gets knocked out of the coefficient.

But I'm not worried. Ranieri's got this. Inter will beat them.

We are already dead.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This is one of the most impressive videos on YouTube. Coaches should play this to kids every day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AiyUfxId90

Everytime I watch Barca, my eyes are fixated on Xavi. His situational awareness is unbelievable. I know midfielders are supposed to consider their circumstances every now and again, but Xavi is looking around his entire body's circumference every 5-10 seconds.

offshore

Eriksson might not be a bad manager for Chelsea during the transition... he knows Terry, Cole and Lampard well from his England days.

He fucking played them enough.

bjaelke

Chelsea & Wolves sacked their manager after a loss to West Brom. Maybe they'll make it a hattrick next month when the Rovers comes to town.

sneaky77

7000 Athletic Bilbao fans going to Old Trafford for Thursday night, from what I read is the biggest fan number of travelers for a game that is not a final ever.

Fernando-Llorente-8.jpg

Holy shit so yesterday after all the controversy with fireworks and stuff from Copenhagens ultras, Dame N'Doye got their logo tattooed and kissed it when he scored in the stoppage time.
KuGsj.gif

hlYzv.jpg

Fady K

Oh I was talking about the PS3 version, sorry if I got your hopes up, no idea about the vita version really.

Ahhh no worries bro :) At least I know it's in the PS3 version now. I may pick that up if you guys ever want to do co-op :D

ter Stegen (Gladbach) is so far the least-beaten goalkeeper in the top 5 leagues. 2)Neuer 3)Valdés 4)Hart 5)Buffon.

Respect. All 5 keepers belong to classy teams.

footy gaf. just ordered a vita. will be up for some fifa as soon as im back in germany (next week unfortunately already)

Nice, congrats :D The Vita is wonderful :D

Ramires has signed on for five more years at Chelsea today

Oh is this for real? Some decent news for a change, not used to this from Chelsea.

we are starting with three strikers against arsenal tomorrow.

but before anyone thinks this is us being ambitious and proactive, it is only because we do not have enough players to start with four midfielders. :/

seeing el-shaarawy start a CL game will be all kinds of awesome, i am excited.

Löw is like AVB (and also vGaal) in the sense that he strictly wants his vision to be played on the pitch.
Chelsea would probably do better with someone like Klopp who is way more flexible with his system/tactics and basically just educates the players to be able to adapt to changing situations.

elsk

Banned
After all this Chelsea bs, I'm starting to get why van Gaal sold Lucio and later van Bommel. They were bigger egos than him, I'm sure Lucio would have been a serious problem just like Terry, Lampard, etc were for AVB.

van Gaal doesn't wanted bigger personalities than his own in the locker room.

After all this Chelsea bs, I'm starting to get why van Gaal sold Lucio and later van Bommel. They were bigger egos than him, I'm sure Lucio would have been a serious problem just like Terry, Lampard, etc were for AVB.

Same thing goes for Löw. He doesn't want any nay-sayers in his teams. See Ballack, Weidenfeller.

elsk

Banned
Same thing goes for Löw. He doesn't want any nay-sayers in his teams. See Ballack, Weidenfeller.

I'm not very familiar with the Germany NT but I read a few days ago that Loew's policy of not calling up players with "attitude" problems is the main reason why Castro and Kevin Prince Boateng weren't called for the national team.

Kyoufu

Makes sense. If your players aren't listening to you, then your job is pointless.

Madridy

Any tips for the UCL fantasy team? I took out Gómez and Lavezzi is my new striker :p

Higuain? He got his scoring touch back this week and also Benz is injured so he is definitely going to start.

Marcelo usually does well at the Bernabeu (See his goal against Lyon last season), he'll also start since Coentrao is injured.

Another cheap midfield option is Valbuena, he is OM best player imo.

Fady K

Woodenlung you enjoyed the Manhunt games as well? I'm starting to think we have similar tastes! Though I can't bother getting excited for stuff like Sim City 5 :p

Woodenlung you enjoyed the Manhunt games as well? I'm starting to think we have similar tastes! Though I can't bother getting excited for stuff like Sim City 5 :p

Oh yeah I did. Something strangely enjoyable about extreme violence and stealth mixed together. Sim City 5 I am excited for but... It's EA so fear a lot of bullshit DLC. Double fine point and click adventure though? Awwwww yeah. Will probably also get ME3, not really excited for it but want to finish the damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom