• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 2. I finished 1 ages ago and didn't really play 2 until recently. I've clocked 17 hours so far.

I have a £20 gift certificate for Play.com so I'll probably end up using that towards ME3 at some point.

Arnie

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 2. I finished 1 ages ago and didn't really play 2 until recently. I've clocked 17 hours so far.

I have a £20 gift certificate for Play.com so I'll probably end up using that towards ME3 at some point.

I bought a Slim Xbox so lost both my ME1 and 2 saves. Needless to say my excitement for ME3 has dropped drastically as a result. The downside of data progression in game series.

Fady K

Oh yeah I did. Something strangely enjoyable about extreme violence and stealth mixed together. Sim City 5 I am excited for but... It's EA so fear a lot of bullshit DLC. Double fine point and click adventure though? Awwwww yeah. Will probably also get ME3, not really excited for it but want to finish the damn thing.

I don't know if it was the violence, i think it was (and I have a feeling you loved this too) the atmosphere. Very scary and intense. It was done right, felt like a horror game for the most part. EA and many others have become horrible with DLC :/!! Apparently much of the Street Fighter X Tekken stuff from Capcom is already on the disc. Shameless.

You're a fan of point and click games? I'm a fanatic as well lol! Can't wait for the DF game. the Monkey Island series, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, and Still Life are among my favorite adventure titles. Highly recommended if you haven't played them yet!

LOL. I too am playing Mass Effect 2 right now after having finished 1 ages ago. It's a wonderful game :)

I bought a Slim Xbox so lost both my ME1 and 2 saves. Needless to say my excitement for ME3 has dropped drastically as a result. The downside of data progression in game series.

Save data losses are incredibly annoying. Go for cloud saves in case.

Wilbur

Banned
I still only play Skyrim and Fifa, I can't be bothered to play anything else at the moment. Although gonna get SSX.

Any football on tonight?

bjaelke

Oh yeah I did. Something strangely enjoyable about extreme violence and stealth mixed together. Sim City 5 I am excited for but... It's EA so fear a lot of bullshit DLC. Double fine point and click adventure though? Awwwww yeah. Will probably also get ME3, not really excited for it but want to finish the damn thing.

Micro transactions. Unlock industrial area for $1.99.

Any football on tonight?
Danish league. lol

Fry

I still only play Skyrim and Fifa, I can't be bothered to play anything else at the moment.

That's almost my case, but I play GoW3 (online) instead of Skyrim. The only game I'm really excited for, so far is RE6, but it's too far away.

elsk

Banned
Higuain? He got his scoring touch back this week and also Benz is injured so he is definitely going to start.

Marcelo usually does well at the Bernabeu (See his goal against Lyon last season), he'll also start since Coentrao is injured.

Another cheap midfield option is Valbuena, he is OM best player imo.

Valbuena! thanks!

Clegg

Is anyone really looking forward to Mass Effect 3?

I like the game itself but I have a lot of problems with hoe the story was presented in ME 2.
I'm not expecting much storywise from ME 3.

Kyoufu

Will this work for 360? Is it a simple process that doesn't require you to mod your Xbox in any way?

Yeah it works without modding your Xbox. I haven't used it but a lot of other 360/PC owners do. Check it out.

If that website works with a PS3 it would be a godsend

360/PC only I'm afraid. I had to play ME2 again to save Ashley. :(

I like the game itself but I have a lot of problems with hoe the story was presented in ME 2.

My hype for it is through the roof. Comes out on my birthday so you can imagine my excitement :D I'm hoping the story is decent. ME2 was a shambles.

Feorax

Im about 2 hours into my insanity playthrough on Mass Effect 2 on PS3. If im honest, i get the feeling my teammates are more of a threat to me than most of the enemies...

Clegg

My hype for it is through the roof. Comes out on my birthday so you can imagine my excitement :D I'm hoping the story is decent. ME2 was a shambles.

I want to see lots of Moridin and Thane in ME 3.
I'll play the game and probably love it to pieces. But I still fully expect a terrible story.

Splatt

After the demo, my hype level decreased alot. It looks to me like they are taking the most cliche route possible with ME3 and I don't like it. Also, that
scene with the kid and sad music was cringeworthy

Fantomex

ME2 was amazing to me. I loved everything about it. ME3, the demo seemed meh but I still got it pre-ordered and really looking forward to it :)

Yen

I can't believe Shepherd dies in ME3.

I have never played ME. Who is Shepherd? Is ME3 even out yet?

The_Joker

so petric is leaving hsv...what do you think bayern fans? he could be a good backup for gomez... you could give us peterson instead :D

FootballFan

Different cultural upbringings, and ultimately physiques too. Xavi and Iniesta played a lot (A LOT) of Basketball as kids. Unsurprisingly they were PG/SGs (who are basically the creators of plays in Basketball). Their spatial awareness was engaged and developing at a young age. Likewise their football upbringing was about ball retention and team pla, rather than individuality and skill.

Whereas someone like Ronaldo/Ronaldhino/Robhino grew up in a culture of Futsal which was all about quick feet/skill/creativity.

Might be a bit late to this conversation but It also has a lot to do with their influences in football. Pep was Xavi's favorite player(Fabregas' aswell), where as I am guessing Robinho wanted to be Pele.

Everytime I watch Barca, my eyes are fixated on Xavi. His situational awareness is unbelievable. I know midfielders are supposed to consider their circumstances every now and again, but Xavi is looking around his entire body's circumference every 5-10 seconds.

I dont know how Xavi doesn't get headaches flicking his head left and right so many times. His awareness amazes everyone. Such a good player for kids or anyone really to try and emulate and learn from.

edit:
EDIT: A video of his football skills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR3Z2P4l0H0

lol are these edited/fake like those NFL commercials/Downing kicking 4 balls into 4 bins?

Slizz

Might be a bit late to this conversation but It also has a lot to do with their influences in football. Pep was Xavi's favorite player(Fabregas' aswell), where as I am guessing Robinho wanted to be Pele.

I dont know how Xavi doesn't get headaches flicking his head left and right so many times. His awareness amazes everyone. Such a good player for kids or anyone really to try and emulate and learn from.

edit:

lol are these edited/fake like those NFL commercials/Downing kicking 4 balls into 4 bins?

As far as I know, no such thing. Legit, multiple 100's of takes to get it perfect.

why did chelsea get rid of fabio borini for free? he is kicking ass with roma, scoring many goals and even earned a cap for the azzurri. certainly would be better to have than torres.

Clegg

why did chelsea get rid of fabio borini for free? he is kicking ass with roma, scoring many goals and even earned a cap for the azzurri. certainly would be better to have than torres.

Chelsea just have a terrible set-up. They have some talented young players that will never get that many games because the old reliables always get picked instead.

Fady K

I wonder how Chelsea's first non-AVB game will be like this season, especially from a tactical point of view.

By the way has anyone here played Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Eath (Xbox, PC, 2004)? I'm about to finish it, pretty unique horror game!

That's almost my case, but I play GoW3 (online) instead of Skyrim. The only game I'm really excited for, so far is RE6, but it's too far away.

If you're excited for RE6 I expect you will enjoy the new RE (Revelations) on the 3DS very much.

So far I don't feel like ME2 offers too much story, though there is a lot to the characters. I wonder if this is due to the complications brought about by having so many decisions impact the story. If you guys are into reading, you'll LOVE some of the Mass Effect novels. I only finished Revelations (prequel to ME1) and i'm going through Ascension - expertly written and very interesting.

Hey Fady! Where abouts are you upto? Let's just say I've nearly assembled my team.

I played it in an odd manner bro - I tend to knock out all the side quests and DLC quests first before I go on with the main story. I actually did not enter the Citadel till the late 40s (hours)! Don't let that scare you though, I take my time with a game, I love exploring and such. How are you liking it so far :)?

I want to see lots of Moridin and Thane in ME 3.
I'll play the game and probably love it to pieces. But I still fully expect a terrible story.

Mordin is freakin awesome. All his lines are fun to listen to. It would be nice to have a football manager with such a style :p It's a shame cause so far I feel ME can provide an excellent story.

Fady K

Chelsea just have a terrible set-up. They have some talented young players that will never get that many games because the old reliables always get picked instead.

Thank God the old reliables are getting old. I'm dying to see more of our unused talents like Piazon, Chalobah, Feruz, Bertrand and McEachran.

Thank God the old reliables are getting old. I'm dying to see more of our unused talents like Piazon, Chalobah, Feruz, Bertrand and McEachran.

Shame Borini, Stoch, Tore and Bruma will never get a decent chance to prove their worth either.

I also think we miss Joe Cole a lot. He could have been useful to try on a wing with Torres up front

elsk

Banned
Shame Borini, Stoch, Tore and Bruma will never get a decent chance to prove their worth either.

I also think we miss Joe Cole a lot. He could have been useful to try on a wing with Torres up front

Tore was sold to HSV. Bruma is the only one on loan.

oOOU2.jpg

Slizz

MXVQz.png

also it's an lg commercial

It's not a commercial. Watching the vid it shows him failing at multiple shots, watch Foot 2010 first. Then watch the making of. The making of has tons of shots of him missing shots. Also he has more than just one 'Foot' video, he has multiple years of these types shots. As far as I know it's not fake, he has his boys videotaping him and most of the shots, the ball never leaves the frame.

FootballFan

It's not a commercial. Watching the vid it shows him failing at multiple shots, watch Foot 2010 first. Then watch the making of. The making of has tons of shots of him missing shots. Also he has more than just one 'Foot' video, he has multiple years of these types shots. As far as I know it's not fake, he has his boys videotaping him and most of the shots, the ball never leaves the frame.

Yep just saw that.
This one is too good lol.

bjaelke

I'm pretty sure LG made this one with him as part of their WC marketing campaign. I remember a lot of debate back then about the authenticity of this compared to some of his own videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom