• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is better? I can think of cases for Valencia and Bale and that's it.

Are we talking actual 'Winger' (someone who works the flanks, looks to get past the fullback and whip in a cross) or just grouping together everyone who plays out on the the side of the pitch as a 'Winger'.

Wouldn't class Nani as a 'Winger' if we're talking the strict sense of what a winger is.

GorillaJu

For what it's worth I think Nani has incredible quality, but he's going to be perpetually "one with potential" which is basically to say that he's too inconsistent to be relied on, but he occasionally makes magic happen.

I think Valencia is a better winger, and there are better wide men in most other top teams - Silva, Mata, Bale, etc.

I think Nani is a notch above Walcott and Adam Johnson, though he's not really the same type of player.

fabio-aurelio-281210_307x230.jpg

Daniel-Agger-Tattoos.JPG

n_valencia_vicente_rodriguez-1288.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Are we talking actual 'Winger' (someone who works the flanks, looks to get past the fullback and whip in a cross) or just grouping together everyone who plays out on the the side of the pitch as a 'Winger'.

Wouldn't class Nani as a 'Winger' if we're talking the strict sense of what a winger is.

Wide player then. But in reply to odd morsel, I'd say Mata and Silva are much more effective through the middle whereas Nani's best work comes from the wing and just cutting inside for shots.

In the strictest sense of the world Valencia and Bale are better wingers, but for players whose strengths lie in wide play, they're probably the two I would hold up there with Nani. Silva was at his best behind the strikers early on and not playing Mata through the centre was one of AVB's biggest mistakes.

Kyoufu

:lol this thread. You guys are awesome.

Decisions though, as a neutral do I:

watch Arsenal vs Milan for a pointless attempt at a comeback

or

Torres vs Cavani for my affections

DECISIONS

Hixx

:lol this thread. You guys are awesome.

Decisions though, as a neutral do I:

watch Arsenal vs Milan for a pointless attempt at a comeback

or

Torres vs Cavani for my affections

DECISIONS

Chelsea play Birmingham in the FA Cup tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom